Thursday, June 30, 2005

~Weekend Assignment #66 July 4th Haiku~

Weekend Assignment #66 -- July 4 Haiku From By the Way...   We're right up on the July 4th Weekend (Monday off! Whoo-hoo!), and rather than give you something too complex and involved, I figure you'll want to be off waving sparklers and blowing up fireworks and otherwise celebrating the freedoms you enjoy as Americans. So here's a simple Weekend Assignment:

Weekend Assignment #66: July 4 Haiku! A 17-syllable holiday poem, please!

What is haiku?
Poems with this syllable count:
Five, seven, then five.

And for these haiku
Imagine holiday fun
Then share it, briefly.

Or simply tell us
What our nation's holiday
Represents for you.

(Non-USA folks:
Write a haiku all about
Your home country, too!)

Extra credit: Patriotic pictures!
I found this to be fiitting since I just changed my journal to celebrate the holiday!!  So, hopefully I did this right and made an okay Haiku!  If you play along, make sure you leave your link over at By the Way... and here!!   Here is my Haiku:  

American Day
The Red White and Blue Parades
I Love July 4th  

And as for the extra credit... Just check out this (I know its on the side bar, but oh well!!)...                      

   RoandZachID2.jpg   *made by Nae*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!  Todd was just looking at the pics with me and he cannot get over how big Zachary is now!!!!  These pictures are ADORABLE!!!!  Nae outdid herself!!!!!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

They grow so fast, don't they?!!  http://journals.aol.com/pixiedustnme/Inmyopinion/entries/1142

Anonymous said...

OMG! Pickle, LOL....

I hit save to post my last comment and I lost my internet connection, WTF???.. Upon further investigation the dang kitten on the loose managed to unplug my modem. grrrrr.... Oh where, oh where has my little Ry gone?? It's always when you need them the most, huh?...

My comment was....

Great Haiku! *YAY* You!!

And.. Nea Nea did a Fantastic job with your patriotic kiddos. Love love them *wink* Bravo. Well Done!

Barbie @>------


Anonymous said...

I Love USA
Appreciate Your Country
Proud American


did i do it right?

Anonymous said...

For your first Haiku you did wonderful. I gave it a try for the first time. I'm looking forward to the parade here and listening to all the marching bands. Beautiful photo of the children.

Here's my shot at a Haiku. Come on by when you get a mo.
Michael

http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/1244

Anonymous said...

nice haiku and cute picI

http://journals.aol.com/sinnermeetevil/Myfamily

Anonymous said...

Great haiku. Parades are of the best things about July 4th. Great picture too.
~~@Jade@~~

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Luv~Heather