Wednesday, June 15, 2005

~Wishing I Was There~

                     GoldenSunriseCurl.jpg
                            *golden sunrise curl by Woody Woodworth*

Isn't that picture gorgeous?
  I so wish I was there, on the beach, watching the waves break and seeing the sun come through them.  Ahh, what I would give to be away from all this here to just be there for a few days...

Anyways, there isn't much going on here.  I'm at work and pretty much bored.  I have some things to do, but I don't want to do them.  I hate to file and that is one of them.  And that is a big project in itself.  See, I put it off... and off... and off... So now there is tons to do.  Can you see why I don't wanna??  The other is to enter payables, it is a small stack, but I am still not awake enough to want to do them. 

Ugh, its a funky type of day, can you tell?

This afternoon, my mom and I are taking the kids to the mall and Target.  Mom's gotta get some new tennis shoes and then we will be picking out a backpack for Miss Rowan.  Plus, I'm going to hit up the kid section in Target to pick out some cute Tee's and Shorts for Ro.  She has some shorts and t's but nothing that I'd want to send her to school in.  Although, the school did say to send them in 'play clothes', but still, she doesn't have many!

You can always find great finds at Target for the kiddos.  Like $3 for a shirt and $5 for a pair of shorts!  Yep, you gotta love that Circa brand :)

Oh yes, I went to Weight Watchers yesterday, with dissapointing results.  I really don't get it.  Not at all.  You would think that will all the walking I did last week, somewhere close to 10 miles, and a pretty sensible diet (with a few little slip ups) that I would have lost a little bit of weight right?  Well, no.  I didn't loose squat!  I in fact gained weight... Not a few ounces or anything, but 2 freaking pounds!!!  Can you tell that I'm not happy with that??  Yeah, so now I'm in a funk with a mind set of "Screw It"... lol.

Don't forget ya'll, that Father's Day is This Sunday!!  My brother is coming down from Davis on Saturday and will be here for the weekend, to help celebrate.  We will be taking my dad out to breakfast and then going to my BIL/SIL's for a BBQ later in the afternoon.  Should be really nice, if the weather holds out, that is.

Well, I suppose I should go now and file.  I don't really wanna, but its part of the job, ya know.  And I gotta pay the bills so I have to work!

Ta-Ta Friends, have a great day!
~Pickle~

Ps.  Just to clarify about the dead heffers... I guess I made it seem like they are just laying out there in the middle of the dairy!  Well, they aren't...Oops.  The farmer (or whomever it is) drags the heffer out to the front part of the dairy, by the road, so that the tallow (rendering) plant can come pick it up and dispose of it... Nice huh??  And no, no dead heffer this morning :)

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

File, file, file...It is the only way to make them go away. Otherwise if you leave them on your desk they make more baby files...LOL

Love you!

Anonymous said...

that is terrible! No one wants to see a dead heffer in the morning before breakfast!
They should deliver it or put a tarp or sometnhing over the poor thing..
How would they like to be left dead with flies all around for the world to see on the side of the road! APALLING! lol..

Anonymous said...

Awww Pickle,

That truly is an amazing shot, Tubular Sunshine Baby! *wink*

Hun, didn't WW tell you that this happens: you start to lose and then your body will adapt to the new "diet" and "level off" (the time frame we are talking is right on) Stick with it Girl the next time -or so- you'll have lost way more than you'll think. And, remember, lots and lots of the H2O kk.

Have fun filing, eek, and get some really good deals on Miss Rowan's new play clothes. Hug Mom for me.

I'm off in search of the "Perfect" couch, weee...... (Not!)

Barbie @~>~~~

Anonymous said...

Excellent photo indeed.

Screw Weight Watchers....same thing happened to me after I didn't go for a few weeks.  I can't see spending the rest of my life counting pats pf buter, and eating low fat bread, it's just torture.

I love Target, the thing is the one near me only does good business during Christmas and I fear they will close down and I'll be stuck with Walmart, and I am not a fan of that place at all.  Walmart...French for Kmart.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarifying the dead heffers thing!  I was freaking out thinking of the other heffers stepping over their departed friend all day long.  :(  And, as far as Weight Watchers goes, QUIT NOW WOMAN!  It is doing you no good!  It is putting your self-esteem way, way down.  Keep on eating sensibly, keep on exercising, throw the damned scale away if you have one at home, and judge how your clothes are fitting on a day to day basis.  It's really that easy trust me!!!  You don't need the stinkin' people at WW telling you how many ounces you gained.  UgghhhhH!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

You are certainly the mother of two beautiful children! Don't worry about the weight watching problem. You have simply reached what is called a "plateau." Stick with it and you will progress.  It took my mom about six weeks.

Yeah, being on the beach right now would be ideal. I'm sitting here wondering how to get unblacklisted from J Land.

Thank you for your entry in my journal. True, the one person I was so jealous of has become one of my best friends. She's a life support for me at this time, even though she is also in pain and is being annoyed by someone she once loved.

~*Dianna*~

Anonymous said...

Honey,don't worry so much about your weight. If you are dead set on loosing, why don't you try what I am doing? I have lost like around 10 pounds now in 3 weeks. Its not that hard, and I am sure you don't have that much that you need to get off, if any :) The 1200 calories isn't as bad as it sounds, trust me. Quit paying that 10 bucks to piss you off...lol.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

That picture is amazing!!!  I wanna be there too!  

I love Target!  They have the cutest kids clothes.  Penny's is actually having a HUGE sale right now.  I went last night and bought Casey a bunch of clothes for way cheap.  EVerything summer is clearanced.  

Jennifer, you might be gaining muscle with your walking.  Remember...muscle weighs more than fat.  

Luv~Heather