Thursday, June 23, 2005

~What I Need~

                  orangechairsinlibrary.bmp
                       *Orange Chairs in Library by Jeff Condon*

This, is what I need.  I need my own personal library for all the books that I have started to collect and read.  I need a room, with at least two bookcases that go from the floor to the ceiling, so I can fill them with the books that I have read and the ones that I'm going to read in the future!!

Derek has said that he doesn't want bookcases in the front room, which is a bummer.  Because I think two really pretty, tall bookcases would look great on a bare wall that we have.  But I guess I'll have to apease him and find one that will go in our den/office once my parents move out.  Until then, I'll keep stacking up the books all over the house so that he might finally break down and tell me I can have one in our frontroom!!

Am I horrible or what?  Oh well, he drives me crazy... Can't I drive him crazy??

I finished all the books that I picked up a month or so ago.  I read, "Star" by Pamela Anderson, "The Notebook" and "Good in Bed".  So, I got online yesterday at Amazon.com, after all the great ideas that everyone gave me, and ordered myself two new books.  I decided to stay with an author that I know I like and ordered two books by Jennifer Weiner.  So, in a few days I should be getting "In Her Shoes" and "Little Earthquakes".  Hopefully those will keep me occupied until July 16/17th when I get "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".  Hehe.  I'm like a little child on Christmas morning.  I can't wait!

Poor Miss Rowan had a hard time going down for the evening last night.  She was put to bed (in her room!!) at 915 last night.  Well, when I went to bed at 10pm, she was still awake.  Oh, I was so frustrated.  Then around 1015, I was laying in bed reading, with my door open, and I thought I heard what sounded like pages turning in a book.  Well, it wasn't my pages.  So, I got up and walked down the hall... What do I see??  Rowan lying in the dark (the hallway light has to stay on though) "reading" her Disney Princess book!!!  Oh goodness, I grabbed the book from her and told her she needed to go to sleep.  No more books!!  So, I go back to bed and a few minutes later I hear it again!  I find her again, reading another book!!  That was it.  I told her if she didn't go to sleep, she'd be getting a Spanking!!

So, what does she do?  She starts crying and pulling the "I Love You Mommy" card.  It breaks my heart... But she needs to learn that sleeping in her room is something that she needs to do.  And something that Mommy needs... lol.  So, she ended up having to go to the bathroom and then going to bed.  Finally.  But I would have to say that she didn't get to sleep until about 1030pm!!  Way late... She was still sound asleep with her Daddy this morning when I left.  I hope that she slept in a little bit to make up for the lost sleep last night!

Well, I think Mother Nature finally gave up smoking that shite she was on.  She is finally making it warmer than the mid-70's here.  We are looking at possibly hitting low to mid-90's today!!  Woo Hoo.  But this weekend it will be slighty cooler than normal.  Oh well, as long as it is nice for July 4th, that is all that matters.  But now that I've said that, it will more than likely Rain!!

Yeppers, July 4th is just around the corner.  We'll be having a BBQ at my house this year.  I guess my BIL was tired of having it at his house, so we picked up the slack and are going to throw the Bash!!  It will just be our family (17 people!!) and maybe some friends... Who knows, I just don't want a Big Ol' Bash with too many people to feed and worry about!!  Luckily, we always do a Pot Luck type of deal... So I won't have to worry too much about food.

Oh yes, something very exciting could possibly take place in the next week or so!!  Not to Jinx anything and what not, but this Pickle gal could possibly be meeting the Ticket Lady pretty soon!!  Oh how exciting!!  So, keep your fingers crossed so that there could perhaps be another J-Land meeting :o) 

Hey guys, I don't know if many of you converse of have contact with SloMo or not...  But has anyone heard from her?  Is she doing good???  I surely miss her entries!!  But nothing, not even journaling, can stand in the way of Family Duty.  So, if anyone has heard anything, please pass some information on my way, okay!?!

Well, I gots to run...  Things to do... People to call... You know how it is!!  I hope you all have a great Thursday... I know I will :o)  Its my FRIDAY!!!!

::Many Hugs::
~Pickle~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to comment yesterday about books that you might like. There is an author, Cecelia Ahern, PS I Love You. It was a great book. You might check her out too.

By the way, love your journal

http://journals.aol.com/fabshels/Somethinghasgottogive

Shelli

Anonymous said...

my kids do not ever want to go to bed before 10 and it kills me!! i start at about 8 30 putting themto bed and hope they are asleep by 10!! most of the time they are not.
hope you have a better night!
toni

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the library.  My books are stacked here and there and everywhere...in neat piles of course..lol  

Yes, July 4th is coming up soon.  That's my birthday ;)  It's funny how somethings never change though.  Growing up, everyone already had 4th of July plans...not Heather's Birthday plans.  Now, it's all about Casey.  We go to the fireworks and barbecue's for her....not me.  Oh Well.  I guess when you have kids...NOTHING is about YOU anymore  ::sigh::

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Book...what's a book?

Oh boy, Rowan reminds me so much of Jules.  She tells us every night that when we fall asleep she's going to get her little Dora bed and sleep in front of our door, and she does.   She's been sleeping very erraticly since we put her in a room by herself.

Glad to hear you are actually getting Cali type weather.  I was beginning to think  you were lying about where you live! LMAO

I leave, well the whole family leaves July 5th for the Jersey Shore...60 degree water, jellyfish and seaweed out the ying yang...but I won't be here, so that's all that matters!

~Nae

Anonymous said...

jenn,  I read "Star" also.  What did you think of her first book?  She is writing a sequel to it now.  I forget when it comes out but I think I might get it.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I like the plan...leave the books EVERYWHERE! Let me know if you pull it off!

I also soooo like the tone of your recent entries. Looks like the Pickle Lady is HAPPY!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

My dream is to one day have a library with built in book shelves from wall to ceiling with one of those ladders to climb to reach the books at the tippity top!  And, my dream will probably happen when I am 95 years old and I will fall and break a hip trying to climb the ladder!  LOL!  My kids never fall asleep easily, so to me Rowan's night went like my night, but on the GOOD ones!!  Poor thing!  Hey, I can send the 97 degree weather we are expecting on Saturday over to you if you want it because I surely don't!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I have given away a TON of books. I have them packed and stuck everywhere. My Nemesis is currently building my book shelves :P .

Gabreael

Anonymous said...

YES! Wouldn't that be lovely!  I have the same problem about books being everywhere.  Definitely need more shelves (or more rooms; perhaps a whole annex!)!
Lori

Anonymous said...

awwwww, well the ticket lady is in the house. so sorry not to see you sweetie ::sigh:: i guess the old gal was coming off her contact high that mother nature provided. lol, you're too funny with that "smoking" line, tehehe!

guess what is going on the, now, two blank walls in my front room? i guess not having a husband to love pays back with a little bit of deco control but, give me real wood instead of book shevles any day. -omg! i can't belive i just wrote that *wink* (hopefully for your eyes only cuz this entry is an "oldie" eek!)

-my boys would pretend they were sleeping and when i went to check on them -if they hadden't gotten in my bad yet- they would be under the covers with a flash light reading or making something with their legos, lol. they were fiends about those things.

love you baby,

barbie @~>~~~