Tuesday, June 21, 2005

~Ah, Tuesday~

            The-Schoolyard--C10029394.jpg
                              *the school yard by Maud Lewis*

 

Well, Miss Rowan had a pretty good first day at School!  She really seemed to enjoy herself and opened up to the whole place around 915am, according to the 'teachers'.  She said they got to play outside and that she painted a picture, but "it had to stay there to dry".  I guess she did have one Low Point during the day though.  Nothing bad or anything, but I guess the 'teacher' threw her Fruit Snacks away before she finished.  Hmm, not exactly sure why.  I can only guess that she wasn't done when Snack Time was and that is why they got canned.  Oh well.  I told her to "eat them faster" next time... haha.

I did ask Rowan if she wanted to go back on Wednesday.  It didn't suprise me that she said "Yes".  I knew she'd have a good time.  We also asked her if she made any friends, she said yes, but when we asked her what their names were, she said, "I dunno".  Haha... Kids... They could care less!  As long as they are having fun, who cares what their names are!!

Last night she had gym.  It was skills check off week and she seemed to do good.  In the 5 months that she has been in the class, this is the first time she has made it to Skills Check Off Day.  Oops!  Oh well, she did well and I'm sure she will move up levels soon :)  She always seems to enjoy it too.  Even with the crazy "sisters" (two unrelated girls that are adopted by their 'mother') fighting and running around crazy!  They started getting into it and the teacher put Rowan in between them!!  I was sitting there thinking, I hope she doesn't get smacked because it isn't going to be my fault if she takes them down... lol... Puts them in a headlock or armbar or something!  That's what they get for fighting my kid :o)

The kiddos were up later than normal last night!  Derek and Rowan spent some time out on the front lawn doing Cart-Wheels and playing around.  Our neighbor came by with her son that is a few months younger than Rowan, so they played also.  And of course, when the Ice Cream Lady came by, Rowan had to have Ice Cream so Derek bought her and her 'friend' one.  They got it every where... It was too cute!  Supposedly they are supposed to come back today so that the kiddos can swim, but we'll see.

My mom and I are planning on going to the driving range this evening.  I can't wait, even though some muscles in my arms are sore from Sunday's woffle ball bashing :)  Derek and my Dad went last night... So tonight is the Girl's Turn!!  We'll probably get some looks from the "Good Ol Boys" that go out there, wondering why two women are out there!!  Yes, that is what kind of place we live around... Where every "important" person is some how related to all the other "important" people... And if you don't have the "right last name" you don't matter... And well, shite, if you are a woman, then you are SOL.  Seriously... Good Ol Hicktown USA.

Well, it's Tuesday, so if I'm lucky, I'll get my paycheck!  Woo Hoo... I surely would like that.  Bills need to be paid and groceries need to be bought.  Gotta plan out some dinners and have some snacky stuff in the house.  You all know what I mean, especially those of you with kids!  Rowan is a bottom-less pit when it comes to food lately... She must be going through a Growth Spurt or something!!

Hmm, I think it is about time that I actually get a going.  My mind is having a hard time wrapping itself around the idea of working, but I guess I gotta.  Hey, at least I don't have to file!!  Yippee...

Have a Wonderful, Fun-Filled Tuesday, Friends...
~Pickle~

 

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love LOVE the picture you posted here!  It is very fitting with your entry and Miss Rowan's first school experiences.  My kids love school (most of the time).  Now that they are in elementary it's a lot harder than when we were kids.  The parents really have to help with a lot of homework which is so unfair now that everyone has to have two parents working to make ends meet.  And the kindergarten is more like 1st grade- yikes!  Aaron is really smart but barely made it thru because we didn't have enough time to read since we moved from Ohio to Florida and it took a while to get settled, find jobs, etc... well hope you are having a great week and so glad Miss Rowan seems to like her school.  I'm off to the pool now!  Have a great day!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It's hard, sending them away from home, especially at that age.  They get so used to getting what they want, when they want it and then they go to daycare or preschool and the rules are different.  Like for instance, we don't allow children over the age of 18 months to have a bottle or binky(cuts down on germs), so when you have a three year old with one, they come here and think WE are the bad guys, not Mom and Dad for still plugging their mouth.  We also make children eat crust.  I've managed to have three kids without having to remove crust, eat it, it's part of the bread!  It's really hard for me here during the day because this is Julie's house, and she can't have things because the other kids aren't. like extra cookies, gummies and what not.  So 5:30 rolls around and it's Can I know?  Ugh, I only wiah I would have done things differently years ago, her butt would have started Daycare at 6 weeks old!

this will be good for her, it will teach her that others have feelings, and will help her adapt when it's time for BIG school.  I'll have problems with Julie, because she's never been anywhere but home.

Anonymous said...

I am really glad that Rowan liked pre school. I know that it eased your worries too.
Sounds like you are having a good week so far.
I hope you were able to get paid..lol...gotta love those bills and stuff.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

So glad Rowan's first day went well....and she wants to go back....hehehe on eating her snacks faster....a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I know it makes it easier on you knowing that Rowan enjoyed pre-school.  I was a mess when Casey went to Kindergarten.  I kept telling myself....Heather, don't cry until you get out of this building.  Over and over again...lol  Who am kidding?  I cried when she went to 1st grade too.  Ahhhhh being a mother ;)

Hope you and your Mom have fun at the driving range tonight.

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that Rowan made it through her first day no problem!  And, don't worry about her not knowing the kids names yet, she will have them all memorized eventually and will talk about them CONSTANTLY!  Good for you breaking into the good ole' boys areas and showing them!  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear that Rowan liked schooling, good to hear she wants to go back. so all sounds well where your coming from which is good also. hugs Cheryl