Wednesday, June 1, 2005

~Rash and Ramblings~

    Rash2.jpg

                 My Miss Rowan... Showing off her rash.  Poor baby!!

Okay, so you can see from the above picture that poor Miss Ro broke out in a pretty nasty rash!  The poor girl.  She doesn't seem to be bothered by it and her fever is pretty much gone.  My mom just informed me that her temp was 98.3- which is a Whole lot better than 103.5!!

Last night, I was really getting a bit worried about her rash though.  I was trying to find pictures online of rashes that come after fevers and what not.  And get this, Chicken Pox and Rubella kept coming up!  SO, you can imagine this mommy starting to panic a little.  Haha.  Then I realized and remembered that she got the vaccination for Chicken Pox and that Rubella isn't a common disease!!

But ever since the whole Zach thing, I've become even more of a Worry-Whart of a mother.  Granted, I worried about my children before, but I am slightly jadded by the whole doctor missing Zach's problem that now, I'm a little more worried on silly things!

So, I was so wanting to know what was wrong with Rowan - granted the Dr had told me to not be suprised that she breaks out with a rash after her fever breaks- that I walked down to my neighbor's house, that is a nurse, to ask her to look at Ro's belly!

This is what she saw...
   Rash1.jpg

She told me that "No, it isn't the chicken pox... Does look like Roseola, except for a small bit that was more clustered."  Seriously, I felt stupid walking down there, but I needed to know then!!  She said it was no problem, and proceeded to tell Rowan to come over and swim and that "me and Mommy (mean her and I) could lay out and get tan".  She is a really sweet lady- who also happened to be working in the ER the day that Zachary went in!  Small world huh?

Anyways, so I am debating in my head if I should call the doctors office or not.  I'd like to just make sure that it is Roseola and nothing else... But her rash looks like pics of Roseola that I've found on the web!!  I think that if her fever returns and if she stops eating and drinking that she does, then I'll call, but for now, I'll wait....

I'm sure you all now think I'm some kind of Dodo-Bird who can't make up their mind :)

Well, enough is enough with the rash... I'm sure everyone just enjoyed listening (reading) my ramblings on that... lol.

So! I yesterday was Weight Watchers weigh-in.  I was feeling so good about it and thought that I must have at least lost a pound or two, with all the hard work that I did this weekend.  Not to mention that I've been doing pretty good on my diet too!

Well, I get up on that scale and I did loose... but not what I thought I did or would have liked to.  I lost a whole 0.2lbs!!  How funny is that??  I was actually kinda miffed, though.  I'm seriously getting tired of dieting with no results!  Oh well, gotta keep up on it though if I want to loose this weight.  There is no magic pill or anything that will just melt the fat away- what a bummer that is :D

So, today I'll be having Low Fat Eggo Waffles and Low Fat Cottage Cheese for breakfast.  For lunch I'll have a Smart Ones Meal (promoted by Weight Watchers) and for dinner... Well, since I'm going to my in-laws for dinner the menu is out of my control- so I'll have to use portion control and sense- but we are having a Turkey Dinner (you know, like Thanksgiving!!).  See, now you know why I'm going to have to be good today to be able to enjoy dinner!  Only have so many points, ya know :)

Can ya'll believe that it is June 1st?  Where the hell did this year go?  It will be 2006 before we know it.  Rowan will be 3 1/2 next month and in a few weeks, Zach will be 4 months old!  Oh lordy, time flies.

Well, because I was talking so much about food, I'm now hungry.  So, I think I'm going to run and eat!  Besides, I don't have much to ramble on about now.  If I think about anything, I'll be sure to come back!

::Toodles::
~Pickle~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son use to get those with a fever alot..hydrocortizone cream will help..poor little Rowan..that is so uncomfortable!

Anonymous said...

I can ttoally understand where your worried  come from...TOTALLY...How severe littlea man got from the doctor missing ti, you know?...:::sigh::: Do what you have to do to feel comfy aboutit...don't worry..if it's nothing..then at least you'll feel better after taking her to the docs!! :)

Have a glorious day at the pickle factory...and you're right..My little man is already almost a month old!! sheesh!! HAHA (and hubby has been gone from this house SEVEN months!! gollee time is flying..which is a good thing for me right now though..HAHA!!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking since she was sick, she may of had a virus, which some children develop a rash, as the virus is leaving the body.  My son always had one.

Anonymous said...

How is the little gal feeling? Sometimes step throat gives a rash..An allergic reaction sometimes also sets off a fever for a short while... I would call the Dr... what the heck? And you are not a dodo bird, you are a mommy..lol!  Btw, I think i'm going to go sign up for weight watchers as well, how do you like it?? Do they have nutritionists/dieticians there?

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

The poor sweety.  You might want to give her a warm oatmeal bath.  It will help if she is feeling itchy.  I think you should also call her dr.  My children's dr said they can still get Chicken Pox after the vaccination, it just doesn't get as bad.  Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

As a Mommy for the past almost 14 years I can tell you that the rash on Rowan looks like nothing to worry about.  Sometimes a fever causes the body to react in a rash the way it did.  As long as it isn't itching her, I wouldn't be concerned.  Have you thought about if you changed fabric softener or detergent lately?  Just a thought.  Bethany has skin just like Rowan's and it always broke out if I switched detergents.  And, chlorine made her break out too, and if she was in a swimsuit too long, watch out!  Rash would come!  So, be at ease Momma, I don't think it's anything too serious.  Sure doesn't look like Chicken Pox, Roseola or Impetigo to me AT ALL!

Doesn't it suck when you think you are doing so good on a diet and then you lose ozs and not lbs!!??  I HATE that!  That's why I won't get on a scale week to week.  I will do it month to month and judge by how my clothes fit.  And, remember, you just had a baby 4 months ago, your body is still in "store it all I am giving birth" mode.  It will take another 8 months for it to realize that you don't have to store that fat anymore.  So, give yourself a little break okay?!?!  You are GORGEOUS either way!!!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Poor Rowan, that rash is uncomfortable I know, and I know you worry. I have seen that rash a gazillion times from my work in daycare in the past. It amazes me that that is the way that the body does away with sickness.
I hope your next weigh in is more successful,  I know it gets frustrating to know that you have tried really hard and don't see a lot of result.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Don't feel like you worry too much about your kids.  I am the same way!  You just want them to be safe.....

Let us know what you find out about your daughter.  I have never seen a rash like that so I can't give you any advice. Hopefully it'll be gone soon!

HOlly

Anonymous said...

You don't not sound crazy by worrying.  My mom is a nurse and I used to call her for every lil thing that Robbie got sick w/.  She would just tell me he's fine and not to worry.  lol  I'm sure Rowan will be just fine.

Audrey

Anonymous said...

Awww...hope Ro feels better soon....
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Hope the rash goes away soon...your a good mom to worry.  All moms do!  And grandmom's with experience also!!   Joyce

Anonymous said...

I am not a fan of rashes.  They always look so uncomfortable, even if they don't itch.  But I have found out, with my brood, that it's fairly common for a rash to erupt after a fever or viral illness.  Poor baby!  Hope she's doing better today!
Anna

Anonymous said...

Rashes are a scary thing.  It's totally normal though after a high fever breaks.  Especially after several days of the fever.  I can also understand how you would get anxious over every little thing since the whole Zachary thing.  Casey gets hives more often than not and I still freak every time...lol  

Hey even a 0.2 loss is better than a 0.2 gain right?  I know your frustration, but be patient.  I'm such a food lover so I can't stand to go with portion control and low fat.  I usually do the Atkins for 2 weeks and I'll drop 20 lbs.  

Luv~Heather