Tuesday, May 31, 2005

~Whew!~

Okay!  So, this will be my second attempt at this entry... The first time, I was in the middle and we had to shut our computers down to reboot our server!  Oh well... I guess that is what I get for doing my entries on "Pickle Time".

Anywho.  I can't believe how behind I am in my entries and reading other journals.  I did manage to sit down and read some this weekend, but I wasn't able to squeeze in time to do a Real entry in my own journal.

So, why was Jennifer so busy??  Well, I'll tell ya... Lets see, the better part of my 5 day weekend (YES! 5 day weekend!!) was spent taking care of my sickie daughter (will explain) and working on landscaping my front yard with my parents help (in more then one way!!).

See, we've lived in our house for just three years now... And see, our front yard was kind-of landscaped, with mish-mash flowers and plants- and don't forget the weeds- so it was about time we really landscaped our yard.

We were going for a Mediterranean type of look in the front yard, while our backyard is more of a trophical feel.  I didn't take any pictures of the Really pretty teal-green pots that are on my front porch, but I did take a picture of the part of my yard that is finished. 
    Front.jpg

Here is the front.  There are a lot of pretty plants and flowers.  Plus, we'll be putting in some ground cover.  Here is a close up of our fountain.  It isn't the greatest picture because my camera battery was dying, so it is a little blurry.
     Fountain.jpg

Yes, those are lion heads on there... It is really pretty.  But man, is it Heavy!!  Heavy Heavy Heavy!!!  It took my mom, my dad and me to just move the middle round part.  Oh lordy...

So, we aren't done yet... But soon the rest of the yard will be looking pretty too.  I can't wait.  Thanks Mom and Dad for ALL of your help ;)

Anywho.  I also spent the weekend taking care of Miss Rowan.  See, after the graduation party we went to on Saturday, we came home and I noticed she was really warm.

Being the paranoid mother that I am (lol) I took her temperature.  Thank goodness I did, because it was 101!!  From then on, her temperature was anywhere from 100 to 103.5!  So, yesterday I took her to the doctor.  She checked her ears, her throat, her urine, everything really.  Yes, Rowan had to tinkle in a cup... And let me tell you, she was pretty darn proud of the fact that she did!!  She was telling anyone and everyone who would listen that she peed in a cup.  Haha.  Anyways, the doctor believes that she has some sort of viral infection.  She didn't want to start her on antibiotics yet... But if Rowan has her fever (which she still has today) for another 48-72 hours, she said to have her come back in.  I'm hoping that her fever stops soon!  That way, we won't have to do any kind of tests :(

                                My Princess... Washing Dishes...
    RoCleaningDishes.jpg

                    Rowan posing like she always does in her pictures... 
    RoPosing.jpg

LMAO... She is sooo funny!  I just love that little girl.  I swear, you could be in a rotten rotten mood and she'll do something to make you laugh... It just warms your heart so much :D

Oh yea... I'll be posting some pics of the kiddos (besides what I have here) at my other journal, And One More Thing..., so when you get the alert for a new entry there, go check them out!

Mr. Zachary is doing really well.  I swear, he is putting on more and more weight every day!  If I'm not careful, he'll be outweighing his sister (34lbs) in no time!  Goodness... Check this picture out, it so shows how chunky he is...
    FatBoy.jpg

This picture was taken on May 13th, so a few weeks ago... So, you can imagine how much Chunkier he is Now... lol... My baby boy... What a cutie pie!!

We've been using our pool and spa so much lately.  Rowan is just loving swimming and wearing her floaties.  She is so proud that she can swim "on her own" that she made me take a picture of her the other day wearing them and her goggles. 
                  RoandFloaties.jpg

Isn't she the cutest thing?  I am hoping that she grows up to be just like her Mommy to want to swim and play water polo :)  Haha... Who knows, she will do what SHE wants to do.  I'm not about to force her into anything she doesn't want to do, just because I want her to.

Well, I'll leave you all with a few more pictures... Don't forget to go check out the other journal and see what other ones that I have over there :)

    SittingupinBoppy.jpg

My Little Man, "sitting" by himself.  This is how we are making him Stronger to be able to sit on his own.

And last but definetly not least... A picture of my Smilie Boy!!
SmilieBoy.jpg

Have a great Tuesday all... And One More Thing... check out more pictures!

::Toodles::
~Pickle~

Update on Rowan:  Her fever has broke.  Whew... Or double Whew... Whatever.  I'm glad it is gone!  But of course, what happens once the fever breaks??  She busts out with a Rash.  Eww... Oh well... I guess her body has a right to.  Sheeze.  It was on "HEAT" for a few days straight :)  She is all better now, thats about it!!  Oh Yeah!!  Don't forget to head over to my other journal and see all the pics I posted :D

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

lordy he is soooo cute.  he is going to break women's hearts some day :P
and Rowan is just a doll.  Love the pics

hugs
jennifer

Anonymous said...

what in the world do you feed that boy! LOL..He is growing so fast!
Both are just adorable..I would be smiling too:)

Anonymous said...

Omg, your kids are just soooo adorable!!!  

And I really liked that fountain too, very cool!

~Holly~

Anonymous said...

i just love your pics of your children
theyre so precious those two
and i love that picture of rowan in the
floaties and goggles
baywatch babes move over
here comes ms rowan
LOL

also i love your garden....
being an innercity renter here
in the edges of the  NJ landfills and
waste treatment centers, i appreciate
all the online pics of the planted beauty
out there

keep the pix coming and love yr little
journal....

yr friend sue
PenLady708

Anonymous said...

I want a fountain!!!!
The kids look so cute! I'm glad to hear that Miss Rowan is feeling better.
Laura

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Rowan's fever broke. Your yard is looking great! I can't wait to see what else you do with it. Is it just me, or does Zach have a red tint to his hair in that last picture? He looks so sweet smiling. Makes you just want to pinch his cheeks..lol.
I got the alerts to your other journal, but I am like you and I am wwwaaaayyy behind.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Gee, maybe I should go over to check out the pictures in your other journal.  Do you think that would be a good idea?  LOL!  I will definately do that and put you on alerts, which I thought I did, but apparently didn't!  Poor Rowan!  That fever virus thingie was going around here too and it lasts a good 3 days.  You will learn over time, to never rush to the docs when they have a fever, just wait it out a few days before going, because inevitably it is ALWAYS a viral infection and they can't give them antibiotics for that.  I am so bad now, I wait until the absolute LAST minute to take my kids to the docs because if I heard them say one more time that it was "just a virus" the police would have to be called in!  ;)  I cannot believe how big Wacky Zacky is getting!!!!  And that smile is just precious!!!!!  I don't know what it's like to have a little child, so Zachary is all that I am used to.  Now Rowan on the other hand, she is a little petite thing!!!  Lucky girl and lucky Mom if you have to carry her!!!  Guess I will go over and check out that other journal of yours.  Hee-hee!
Hugs and love, Lisa
P.S.:  Your yard looks AWESOME!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the landscaping...great job...I am glad Rowan is feeling a bit better....and I loveeeeeee all the pics...what a lil cutie patootie Zach is...i just wanna squeeze those cheekies....headin over to the other journal now....hehe...
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Okay, Now I'm definitely back to the tears of joy thing when I come and see what going on at the Pickle factory, LOL. That last shot made the flood gates open wide!!

OM-Goodness Pickle!! Rowan is your spitting image. Little Man is the most handsome butter ball I've ever seen!! Ry was fat like that, nummy. Blow zerberts on his belly for me, kk? And that smile?? He's a little piece of Heaven right here on Earth. (((((Jenn))))

The yard looks lovely, I can't wait to see the finished project, God Speed.

I'm so grateful the baby's fever broke, big fat Whew!!!

Love you baby and guess what? This complete dork forgot to hit the button for alerts on your One More Thing. dodotedo. It's a done deal now and those shots are equally priceless,

Barbie @~>~~~

Anonymous said...

Seems like both our boys are getting chucky very quickly! Aiden is almost 14 lbs!!! I love all your pictures!!!...Brit
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bfreeman916/LifeAsIKnowIt/

Anonymous said...

Those pics are too cute!  I know a little girl who likes to pose, too, lol.  I see she likes to help out with the dishes, too.  Wow, the little guy is so adorably chubby.  I smiled when I saw him!
Love the fountain~
Anna

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! Your house is lovely and your kids are adorable! May God bless your home and children always.
Elisa

Anonymous said...

Your house is looking GREAT!!!!  Yard work is tough.  I tend to not want to do anything else to mine..lol  

LOVE the pictures!  I can't believe how chunky your little man is!!!  WOW!  He's grown sooo much!  Love the picture of Rowan with her floaties and her goggles...lol

Luv~Heather