Monday, May 2, 2005

~Sharing a Recipe~

We tried a new recipe this Sunday for a 'brunch' type meal.  It is called an Oven Baked Denver Omelet.  It is pretty darn tasty and I'm sure we'll be having the meal again!!

8 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
2 cups frozen shreded hash brown potatoes (I added just a little bit more!)
1 cup diced fully cooked ham (you can also add some cooked bacon)
1 cup shredded sharp cheese
1 tbls. dried minced onion  

In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, & seasoned salt. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 8 in square baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serves 6-8 servings.  

We had to cook it a little longer than the 50 mins, but it was still pretty darn tasty.  You can serve it with fresh fruit & hot biscuits, a very yummy meal.  Next time, we are going to add bellpepper, mushrooms and fresh onion, not the dried stuff.... And let me tell you, I can't wait!   Give it a try some morning... And if you do, let me know if you liked it or not :D

HUGS, Jennifer

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sounds wonderful!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Mmm..and I even have all the ingredients here!! WOO HOO!~!! SOunds like a yummy treat to cook hubby while he's home..THANKS!! ;)..I'll let you know how it goes!!

Anonymous said...

I would love this recipe for dinner or brunch or breakfast!  Sounds delicious!  It also sounds easy to make and bake... and as a busy mommy and business owner that is the awesome for me!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Mmmm....sounds great.  I'll have to give it a try!  Thanks for sharing!

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

Have any idea how many points that is?

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to make that for hubby and the kids! Thanks for shaaring ;o)
HUgs,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

I thought I just commented on this entry and then I got it again..LOL  Maybe not.  Who knows!

Luv~Heather