Friday, May 20, 2005

~Friday Afternoon Quickie~

Just wanted to drop in and do a quickie entry.

Thought I'd do it while I had the time.  Zach is playing on his play mat and Rowan is munching down on some chips... lol.

Nothing much has happened between yesterday and today.

My neice (she was there with her mom) and I left work early to go meet my mom and pick up the kids.  From there it was to McDonald's to get lunch.  I was bad... I admit it.  I had their chicken strip meal... Yes, it included the fries :)

Boy, did my body tell me that it was wrong for me to eat that... Ewww... I felt nasty for the rest of the day!

Rowan and I went in the spa in the evening.  And then while I was in there, I got a hair up my booty and decided that I was going to swim!  Yep.  I jumped into the pool (a whole 74 degrees) and decided I was going to do some laps.

I miss swimming/water polo so much.  It has been forever since I was on a competitive team and I miss the excersise that comes with it.  Plus, I miss the body that came with the excersise.

So, I did 200 yards- twenty laps- and then treaded water for 10 mins.  Yep, that means all legs, no hands.  After I finished, I felt so good.

I felt that I had actually done something good for my body... I plan on doing it more too.  The only thing was, my ears don't like to be that cold and they were sure telling me when I was done with my laps.

I'm thinking I'm going to do 20 laps for 5 days and then move up 25 laps... and so on and so on.  When I was in swimming, I'd do about 1800 yards (or more) a day... Not to mention treading for more than 30 minutes in a time! 

My friend Amy and I also plan on going back to Curves!  I'm determined to get my body back to some of what it was a few years ago... And the diet and excersise will help me a lot!!

Not too much else is going on.  My day has been just pretty much hanging out today onthe couch... But if the wind dies down later, I'm going to jump in the pool- as long as someone is home to watch the kiddos.

I think I might go out tonight ith my friend Amy.  I want to go to Kohl's and do a bit of shopping.  I got a $75 gift card for my birthday from my in-laws, so I might use that.  If I don't do that, the evening will be spent here at home with the kids and my parents... Nothing wrong with that though, I like it :)

Okay, well, I'm at a loss of words right now.  So, I'm going to go do something productive and do laundry!  Woo Hoo for Me.

Have a great Friday all...
~Pickle~

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO MS PICKLE...LOL..
HOW ARE YOU? DOING WELL HERE
THANKS FOR SHARING I WISH I WAS WERE I COULD USE THE POOL I COULD USE THE EXCERSIE..LOL
HAVE A GOOD DAY!!
TONI
MY DAY OF THOUGHTS TO YOU!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to swim!  It does make you feel good, doesn't it?  Like a natural high!

Oh those chicken strips are evil!  I love that spicy sause they have for them.  Haven't eaten them in a while, Alex got sick the last time we ate them, and let's just say I can't stomach them right now.

~See Ya Pickles~  Give the gerkins a kiss for me!

~V~

Anonymous said...

hey girl it's good you got to do a good swim today. im so happy for you! have fun at kohls i love that store. just wondering you said that you was going to go to curves what is it that you do there?   do you have a personal trainer person? or is it just like a regular finess center. do hurry on the ? (((HUGS))) Cheryl*

Anonymous said...

Laundry!  Yee Haw!  It's always the highlight
of my day!  

NOT!  LOL

Hope you were able to get all your things
done today!

Love ya Pickle Woman!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the shopping spree, sounds like fun, but of course what shopping is not fun?!! The spa sounds delectable...I need a spa vacation BADLY!  
Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

Shopping is always fun, and thats great that you are doing laps in the pool...great excercise!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I love reading entries so full of positive! You go for it! You'll be in fighting shape in NO time with your attitude!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got a good swim in!  Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time.  I'm rootin for ya ;)

Luv~Heather