Sunday, May 8, 2005

~Mother's Day~

Well, today is Mother’s Day.

 

I’m experiencing Mother’s Day for the first time as a "Mother of Two".  Let me tell you, it is a wonderful feeling.

 

I love my children with all my heart.  I wouldn’t know what to do with out them.  Hmm, there would be too much free time, if you ask me :D Nah, I'm just joshing.  They make my days brighter and better...

 

I hope every Mother or Mother-to-be is having a wonderful day.  I hope you all are being treated like Queens and being waited on hand and foot :)  lol...

 

This Mother's Day started pretty darn early for me.  I was up bright and early at 730am.  Little Man didn't want to sleep in too late for his Mama.  Oh well.  There were things to be done around the house.

 

Unfortunetly, Derek is having to work down at the local street faire, so he isn't able to spend time with us today... Bummer deal... Oh well... There will be more Mother's Days!

 

My brother came down from Davis today to spend time with my mom and the rest of us.  I miss my brother so much.  He is just a great guy and a wonderful Uncle.  Rowan loves her "Uncle Boo" so much and has such a great time when he is around. 

 

We had a wonderful late brunch of scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage, bacon and biscuits.  Oh it was so good and so not on my diet.  Oh well.  Some days are just ment for cheating... haha.

 

My brother and I gave our mom her gifts.  His was a gift certificate for Victoria's Secret (I received one as well, for my birthday though) and I (we, Derek and the kids) gave her a pretty sterling silver necklace that says, "Mom, I love you" in French.  I think she liked it a lot... :D

 

I was suprised to get a Mother's Day/Birthday present from my parents.  They got me something that I've been keeping my eye on for a while now... A Dooney and Bourke watch!  It has a black band with the DB logo and a big face with pink crystals on it!  Oh it is so pretty!  I will have to find the picture/link and post it later so you all can see it!

 

Right now, my parents and brother are off looking at the progress that has been done on their new home while Rowan naps.  So, with Zach on his play floor mat, I've got some free time to type.. ::knock on wood::

 

Last night, the kiddos and I went over to my SIL's for a pre-Mother's Day get together.  We had pizza and salad and gave our MIL her presents.  I found a really pretty pearl bracelet with Mom on a tiny silver heart... I knew she'd like it because she is into bracelets.  And the funny thing is, she gave all us girls bracelets too!  Mine is sterling silver with little pink shells.  Very pretty and danty.  I love it...  But not as much as my DB watch:D

 

Oh yea.  I was lucky enough to get an earlier foot doctor appointment!  Woo Hoo.  Instead of having to go on the 20th to get my toe taken care of, I go tomorrow morning at 8am!!  I'm so happy...  So, wish me luck... That it goes well and that I'll be able to drive to work afterwards!  lol...

 

Well, Zach is 'talking' and wants his Mama to pay attention to him... So I better run.  Happy Mother's Day again to all you wonderful Moms and Mom-to-be's!

 

::Love and Hugs::
~Pickle~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day girl!!!
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Well...how do you say I Love You in French?

Hope yours was filled with laughs and smiles, good food, good times.

~V~

Anonymous said...

WOW, awesome gifts all around!!! I love dainty stuff..LOL..so Im sure they are wonderful for you too!! I am also SOOO glad you got an earlier doc appointment..that kind of worried that they were making you wait so long! That was rediculous...so Im glad you can get in tomorrow!! YAY!!!..Mother of 2...Im sooo happy for you! Happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day to you..I can't wait to see the watch..sounds like you are well loved! When is your birthday? Mine is tomorrow!
Happy Birthday..

Anonymous said...

awww....it sounds like your day was a wonderful day, despite hubby working. That's a bummer. I hope he stayed dry. Maybe he will have next weekend off. ;)
Good luck tomorrow at the doc's.
Laura

Anonymous said...

A DB watch, huh?  Pretty fancy, girl!  I'm jealous.  <grin>  My mom and I decided not to get each other anything this year, since it's costing so much to travel to WV for a month.  I figure our presence is the best possible gift anyway.  LOL  

Sounds like you had an incredible Mother's Day.  It's just a shame your husband couldn't share it with you.  

Love,
b

p.s.  Keep us updated about your toe.  Ouch!

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GOOD AND FULL MOTHER'S DAY. COME VISIT FOR MY GREAT PRESENT I CAN'T WAIT TO USE.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful weekend!!!  I love all the presents you gave and received!  Can't wait to see pics of the watch and the bracelet!  Happy Mother's Day sweety!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you had a great mother's day weekend! I can't wait to see pictures of that watch!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Wow...sounds like your Mother's Day was GREAT!!!  

Luv~Heather