Tuesday, May 17, 2005

~May 17th, 2003~

                Couplekissing.gif

Today marks my second wedding anniversary with Derek. 

                        LoveMyHusband.gif

We were married May 17, 2003, at 430pm at Ceres Christian Church.  The ceremony was short and sweet- just the way we like them- and filled with love and fun!  It wasn't a big wedding, 4 bridesmaids and groomsmen, our two nieces as junior bridesmaids, a friends son and daughter as ring bearer and flower girl... And of course, Miss Rowan, as a junior flower girl, walking down the isle all by herself at 16months old...

I was hoping that I would have been able to scan a picture of our wedding party to share with you all... But I didn't get to it last night!  I'm such a slacker... Maybe tonight I can get to it :)

We aren't doing much to celebrate.  Just going to have a quiet dinner at home with the kids and watch some TV- "Gilmore Girls" and "One Tree Hill" are on tonight, and he'll watch them, just for me... hehe...

                            Happy Anniversary Derek...
                           I love you with all my heart...
                                Forever and Always...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So, I don't know what is going on, but I'm not getting all of my comment alerts.  I am getting some, but not all of them.  Weird huh?  But I did get a few questions for my "Interview Me" thingy...

Denielle over at This is Me asks:

How did you and your husband meet and get together?
Well, Derek and I met while he was working at a local Savemart, even though he went to the same school as I did, just a year ahead.  The first time we had any interaction was when my mom and I were shopping there, he happened to walk down the isle we were walking up, and I reached to get some tinfoil I happened to knock a few off the shelf.  Well, he started making fun of me and my mom jumped in!  From then on, everytime we shopped there, he helped us out and chatted us up.  The next year, we started to 'hang out'... lol... Even if I had a boyfriend.  Yep, thats right!  I just was a naughty girl and was drawn to him... Hmm, wonder why that is how we got hooked up and eventually married :)  We really didn't get together until November of 2000 when he was in the police academy and I was in Jr. College.  And as they say, the rest is history...

If you could change one thing about your life- what would it be?
I would definetly change the fact that I don't have a formal education- as in no college degree... But that is about it... It would mean that I could possibly have a change in my career and make more money... But hey, I'm actually happy with who I am and what I do...

A new commenter in my journal Baseballkat86 asks:

What kind of cars do you and your husband drive?
My husband drives a black and white (lol) 2005 Tahoe that has Ceres Police Department emblem on the side and says "K-9 Unit"... While I drive a 2004 PT Cruiser... I would love, love a Honda Pilot or Tahoe, but just can't afford that right now, bummer deal :(

Vernae over at Pieces of Me-Revisited asks:

Ever dye your hair black?
Nope, can't say that I have... Only dark brown.

Ever go para-sailing?
Nah ah.  I would love to.  Just haven't had the chance!

Have you thought about re-locating to a more predictable climate?
Derek would love to move out of California.  He has this want/need to live in Vegas and work for Vegas PD.  But I'm not about to move away... I need and want to live close to my family.  I don't think it would be fair to our kids or family to move away... So, no, I haven't... Although I'd love to know what the weather would be like for more than a day at a time... lol...

(Speaking of which, today is supposed to be 75 degrees, rain tomorrow and this weekend is supposed to be in the 90s!!)

 

I'm still open to more questions... If any of you want to ask some more, jump on the chance now... You never know if I will play this game again... muahahahha...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, I can't think of much else right now... Nothing new really at the Pickle house.  I think I'm going to bum off Dawn's 20 from Barbie and do that as my next entry... lol... So, stay tuned to see that :)

Have a great Tuesday all...

::Smiles::
~Jenn~

 

*tags provided by Tag Lounge*

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!  Vegas, hmm, don't wanna live there, but I wanna play there!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!  Vegas is nice to visit, but wouldn't want to live there.  I don't balme you for not wanting to be away from family...it's hard sometimes ;)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

OH, HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!

I bet you were a Beautiful bride Jenn, and with the way little Miss Rowan walking down the isle...PRICELESS! -I'd love to see the pic <smiling>

<sniff sniff, here I go again, hehe>

Para-sailing??? Well, your's are bigger than mine for sure!! *wink*

Enjoy Today and Always, Much Love.

Barbie @~>~~~

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, sweetie!
I would love to see your wedding pics, so don't be a slacker!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!! Hope u have many many more happy years together....
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!

Loved the answers to the interview questions....

I've been missing some comment alerts, too~not all, but some.  Strange, huh?!

Hope you get to celebrate :)

Cat

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary sweetie!
Christy
http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/ChristysThoughts/

Anonymous said...

Awwww, HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY!!!!!  Once you have kids, the anniversaries are usually spent exactly as you both did.  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary--
I read about your dinner, too, sweet!   It sounds like you had a great time :)
My comment alerts are doing the same thing, too, btw.
Anna

Anonymous said...

Rats...missed a turn at this with someone whose answers would probably be among the best around. I'm gonna ask and maybe if you're bored sometime, you can answer them LOL.
1. You're granted an entire weekend to do exactly and only what YOU want to do with it. What do you choose?
2. What can make you cry from happiness?
3. You get to choose a) a guaranteed lifetime of happiness OR b) a lifetime supply of money. Which one?

See what happens when Stupids have too much time on their hands? They come up with dumb questions to bother nice people with...

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
Elisa