Monday, June 20, 2005

~Rowan's First Day of School and Something Pink~

         BigGirlRowan.jpg

Well, today was the day.  My little girl, my Missy Rowan, went off to school.  Okay, so its Pre-School, but its all the same... It means she is growing up.  She no longer looks like a Little Baby... But now a Little Girl!

I took a bunch of pictures today.  Not as many as I would have liked, because my battery was dying.  But probably enough to bore you all!  So, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to show-off my "School Girl", Miss Ro.

    Breakfast.jpg
                    Miss Rowan enjoying Dippy-Dip (waffles and syrup)
                                        her breakfast of Choice!
    SleepyFirstDayofSchool.jpg
                                            See how Sleepy I am??
    ImPosing.jpg
               Okay, I'm going to go get ready now! See me strike a pose!
    WhichOutfit.jpg
              Which outfit Should I wear??  Hmm, I think I'll go with Pink!
    RoandBarbie.jpg
                             Rowan and her pink Barbie Backpack!
    Sweetgirl.jpg
                                                      My Sweet Girl...
                    ShyGirl.jpg
                                                   My Shy Girl...
                         This is who she looked when we got to school!
    ImReadyForSchool.jpg
                             Okay! That's enough... Lets get going!!
    DoIhaveto.jpg
            On our way to school... She was getting kinda nervous and sad!
    FinallyatSchool.jpg
                          Okay!  I'm Finally at School... Woo hoo!!

My beautiful girl, is growing up!  She did really well at the school though.  Was shy of course, but she adapted!  She didn't even get sad (that we know of!) whenwe gave her kisses and hugs good-bye... I hope she is doing okay.  Derek is supposed to let her call me when she gets out at noon today!  I can't wait for the call ;)

Okay, I also promised a picture of my hair!!  I didn't do anything Too crazy, but I did get a few pink strips put in... Check it out...
    PinkStripe1.jpg
I know, it looks more red... But its Pink!  It faded A LOT in the last day or so... Not too happy about it, but it will do.  If it goes away more, I'll be calling my hair lady to get her to fix it!!

I've got a lot to do today... So I best be going.  Because I got in later and am leaving at the normal time, I better hussel! Oh, Quickly!  I'm wanting to find out who all is here reading my Journal, So I'm doing a Roll Call!  Please leave a comment and a link, if you've got one!  Until later, I'll leave you with a picture of Rowan and I... That she insited on taking!!
    MomandRowan.jpg

::Ta-Ta Friends::
~Pickle~

          Thank You Nae for the wonderful Graphic!! ::Made by Nae::

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

fabulous!  She's a big girl now!

Okay, I'm not sure I'm getting the whole pink thing, but it's cute!

I'm just jealous that it wouldn't show up in my hair, or I would do it too!

Anonymous said...

she has to be the cutest girl in the class!  I love her outfits and how sleepy eyed she looked..Gosh she looks a lot like you.   I at first thought she looked like her daddy..You and she both have such pretty eyes.
I love the pink!

Anonymous said...

Awwww....how cute!  she has an amazing natural beauty, because she looks like she has make-up on!!  god help you in 15 years...lol!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!
I have been reading your journal for awhile, so I decided to stop lurking and say hi =) I love how perky and upbeat you always sound.
I agree with whoever said that Rowan looks like she's wearing makeup. What a natural beauty she is and will be! I'm jealous lol
Hope she (and you) have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww.....

Pickle,

I'm going to miss your entries so so much. *sniff sniff* I'm so proud of the princess I can't stand it. Thanks for sharing one of the most important days of your little girl's life.

*YAY* Rowan *YAY*

Cya soon, *wink*

Barbie @~>~~~

ps, love love the pink locks, very sexy, hehehe, weee.....

Anonymous said...

I tried the pink hair streaks!
It faded to a weird orange, but I've got auburn hair, so it's different
Good luck to Rowan at school!
Kathleen
http://journals.aol.com/kathlyna22/Upagainstyou

Anonymous said...

Well, you know that I am here...;)
The pictures of miss Rowan's first day are wonderful. She looked so cute in her pink and with her backpack.
The streaks in your hair look neat. I wonder what I would look like if I did that? Our hair is about the same color....hmmmmm??
hugs and love,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

HI, I dont think I have ever left a comment in here, but I do read all the time. Rowan's first day of school. To Cute.....http://journals.aol.com/esalansky/MyLife

Anonymous said...

I have been reading for a while... Love the pink hair!

Dana

http://journals.aol.com/daneykakes/AnadsJournal

Anonymous said...

Hi i've been reading your journal for quite a while now. Came upon it on a mistake, but it's turned out to be a good mistake lol.

Crystal

Anonymous said...

PRESENT AND ACCOUNTED FOR!!!!!!  Okay, done checking in!  LOL!  Those pictures are absolutely adorable but OMG, I wanted to cry looking at them!!  Sniff, sniff.  I remember what it's like to get your little one off on their first day of school and the heartbreak that goes along with it.  You want to be so happy for them, but inside you feel like a bowl full of jello.  BIG ((((HUGS))))) to the both of you for making it through with no problems!!!  LOVE the pink hair you crazy woman you!!!!!  And, I have to admit, I am so jealous of your eyebrows!!!!  Very groomed and very beautiful!  ;)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

CHECKING IN I HAVE BEEN READING AND COMMENTING FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS!! MISS ROWEN LOOKS SO CUTE THIS MORNING!! AND YOUR HAIR IS CUTE!!
TONI
http://journals.aol.com/lakeoliver78/mydayofthoughtstoyou!

Anonymous said...

hi pickle girl!!!!!
i have been reading your journal for ages but never left a comment before..but a role call must be answered so here i am

name: natalie
age:27
location: london england
mom of: 4 children
occupation:retraining as a midwife


so there we go, i love your journal it has me hooked i read it all right from the beginning
i have a similar situation to you with my baby where doctors didnt listen to me when i said something was wrong with him and now he is very sick and needs surgery[his is a problem with his head/brain] so it was good for me to read that zachary is doing good now!
princess rowan is sooo cute i have a little girl just like her who is 5 she is a very girly girl as well[always goes for the pink]
i dont have a link as i dont journal but feel free to mail me any time if you would like !
bye for now
natalie

natayou@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Roll Call!!  Checking in as requested.  Brings back so many memories of the first day of school.  I still shed a tear as each school year starts.  Make them stop growing up!!!!!

http://journals.aol.com/pengboo/Lifeisjustlikehousework

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pics....she is getting so big....and i just love her outfit...pretty in pink!   As for roll call....i'm here  "wavin hands in da air"....lol...I loveee ur hair it looks so pretty....i've included my link also.....Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

ahhhh i cried when mine went off to school...they didnt...lol

I'm here!

http://journals.aol.com/happysunshien/GreenOlivesPickleJuice/

Kelly

Anonymous said...

aw i bet you both were so excited and she looked so cute and sleepy lol like your hair hugs cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!
You know I'm here, I read your journal everyday and check on it frequently. I'm pretty bad at leaving comments on your blog, but you know how I am with my own...hehehe. Little Miss looked so darling on her first day of pre-school, I can't believe that the time has come. It just seems like yesterday when I found you were expecting your first bundle of joy and now you have two-we both do-Geez, how the time flies. Much Love to you and I'm so glad we stay in contact.
~Jolene
http://love-my-boys.tripod.com/TheDavisFamily/

Anonymous said...

Hi there from Nashville, TN! I ran into your journal while reading weight loss journals. I think you have a really great journal. It is wonderful to read about other mother's and to know that they are doing the same exact things I am --only in another state or town. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm reading!!  Love the pictures!  Your hair looks great too.  Hope Rowan had a good first day of school :)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos and hey, it is normal to have those feelings even for preschool...I am a grandmother of 4 and am still having the pangs of letting go of each and everyone of them.  Your hair looks fine...love it...you and your daughter look like twins in the last photo...so cute!
Have a good one!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hey, just answering to the roll call thingy. I've been reading your journal for a while now and find it very interesting, I'm a 24 yr. old mom with 2 small kids as well. I've started a journal but I don't do the entries everyday though I would like to do that, I'm all new at this so I don't know how to do a link or anything like that. Well, take care and congrats with your little girl going to school.  They do grow up so fast and you have beautiful children, They are so sweet.   Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have been reading your journal. I guess you can say I have been shy to leave a comment.......lol. Your kids are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I read ya...maybe not everyday, but I come visit often. :)
And I know you mosey over to my j, but here's the link anyway:

http:journals.aol.com/mombzbe/LivinlavidaMommy

Oh, you are brave girl!  Pink streak in your hair, how very Gwen Stefani, lol.  Love it!  
Anna

Anonymous said...

I've been reading and enjoying your journal!  Come check out mine if you like.
Lori

Anonymous said...

I was having a grouchy day. I sat down to browse journals, and got to this entry. Suddenly, not so grouchy anymore!

Thanks for this one! She is absolutely PRICELESS. Mom's pink stripes work, too!

Jimmy