Thursday, June 16, 2005

~Attack of the Birds~

                            Birdsofgardensummer.jpg
                          *birds of the garden summer* {link}

We are having a problem with birds at my house, a serious problem.  I'm not joking here ladies and gentlemen.  See, we have this Mud Swallow nest that is up in the corner of the over hang of my porch (see picture) and the rest of the Mud Swallow population of my whole neighborhood thinks it is a safe Haven now!  Check out these pictures and you'll see what I'm talking about!!
    swallownest.jpg
                                     *The nest under my over hang*

And my poor kitty, Badge is just being driven crazy by all these birds.  See, the birds only come in the morning.  And he sits on a recliner chair and just stares out the window!!  Poor Buddy- He just 'chitters' at them and swings his tail, it drives him Nuts!
    badge.jpg
                                    *Badge being driven crazy*

The following pictures should be straight out of Alfred's movie, "The Birds", I kid you not...  Just check out what I'm talking about :)
    

     birds2.jpg

Pretty crazy huh??  I just can't wait for the babies in the nest to fly away so that we can knock down the nest to get rid of those bugger of birds!!

Anywho, yesterday's errands didn't go as we had originally planned.  But hey, does anything?  See, yesterday afternoon, our garage door came off the tracks and couldn't close!  Derek had managed (with the help of my mom) to roll it up and get his Cop Car out, but wasn't able to close it!!  Derek called this guy that fixes garage doors after he is off of work- from a garage door company- but we didn't know if he'd make it that evening.

So, my mom and I decided that we'd meet at the mall after I got off of work.  She left the garage door open and just looked the back door... Lol.  We felt kinda weird leaving the house like that, because Derek had gone off to work, but what other choice did we have??  We needed to get things done!

Too make a very long story, short, we eventually got things done at the mall, but as we were headed out to Target, Derek called.  He informed me that we needed to get home to meet the guy to fix our door!  Ugh.  So, Rowan will have to wait for her backpack and school stuff until this afternoon!!
    RoPoseBathingSuit.jpg

She was a little bummed out, but the new shoes YaYa got her made her a Happy Girl.  Oh yes.  Rowan is a Big Girl now too.  She is actually sleeping in her bedroom all night long now!  Its great.  I don't have to fight her for My bed.  lol... And she goes to sleep with a lot less fight than usual!  I think its because we told her if she wants to be a Big Girl and go to School, that she needs to sleep in her own bed... Harsh, yes, but its working ;)
     RoPosePJs.jpg
                   *Princess Rowan, posing in her Barbie Nightgown*

Isn't she just a doll?  She is a very precious little girl.  She is totally in love with her brother too!  She loves to feed him, help change his diaper and hold him!  In fact, my mom and I believe she actually 'talks' to her brother and knows what he wants.  Now, don't go thinking I'm all crazy or what not, but that is just how we feel.  They are very close... As close as a 3 year old and 4 month old can be!  My mom actually just IM'ed me and told me that Zachary had fallen asleep laying next to his sister on the couch... According to her, Rowan was delighted!!
    blankeyboy.jpg

Well, I've got a bunch of things to do today.  Things I actually need to accomplish... lol.  So, I hope all of you will have a wonderful Thursday!!  Hopefully the sun will be shining down on you, because it isn't here!!  Haha...

::Hugs::
~Me~

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics!  And yes, very hitchcockie for sure!

What a cute little development you live in, looks like it's right out of a movie, I guess that's because you are in Cali, huh?  

I think it's the age.  Julie is so good with the three babies here, she can't wait to start changing diapers WTF right?  But she does not get along with 2 3 and four year olds.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the birds they will come back every year you know.  One person I have talked to soaks the mud to disolve the nest (with garden hose) but seriously if you allow them to nest this year they will nest every year in the same location and more will come back because they are imprinted on the location.

Anonymous said...

I have a bird problem, too...you would think I wouldn't with 6 cats around, but I do.. they make such a racket in the morning!! I have never in my life been woken up by birds, that's how noisy they are!! It's like they are screaming at me to get the heck up..rofl!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Sorry about the bird attack! I should train them better. Sorry I haven't been by in a while, hope you're ok and all is better! (Looks it  :) )

I'll be by later for more, looks like I missed a few entries.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I could not help but laugh at the picture of Zach! He is so cute and you can tell he knows someone is going to pick him up and give him a hug..you have the cutest kids..i love Miss Rowans bathing suit.. she is the sweetest little girl I can tell my looking at her picture..you can tell by looking at those kids they are well loved and taken care of..those birds are scary and messy too i bet..that poor cat..he is mad as he can be I bet..
Thanks for sharing I love your journal.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures.. the children are so adorable. Couldn't help but laugh and feel bad about the birds though. Shame there isn't a spray to keep them away like there is for bugs and etc... Goodluck!!

~Luv~
~Theresa~

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICS AND ENTRY THANKS FOR SHARING . I HAVE STARTED A NEW JOURNAL STRICKLY FOR FUN AND LAUGHS SO COME OVER FOR A VISIT

Anonymous said...

The attack of the birds -- AAAAGGHHHHHH!!!  As you know I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE birds, but I would not be too happy with that site every single morning!  I would be afraid to even come out of my door in fear that they would swoop down and attack me!  And, isn't that sound hysterical that the cats make when they want to eat the birds?  I laugh every time I hear them do that!  Rowan looks absolutely GORGEOUS in her teeny weeny itsy bitsy bikini by the way!  She is such a future Beauty Queen!  And, that pic of Zachy, well, he is just adorable no matter what!!!  
Hugs and love, Lisa
P.S.:  Zach looks ALOT like his Daddy!  :)

Anonymous said...

Birdie convention at the pickle house :)

Way to go, Rowan~you're such a big girl!  

I don't think what you said was harsh at all~Grace was told at 2 that if she wanted to go vacation (last year), she had to be potty trained.  She's been using the potty ever since.  

We just told again her in January if she wanted to go on vacation, she had to sleep in her bed and give up the crib~and that worked too.  So, no its not harsh~I call it a parenting technique ;)

Good luck on the ridding the birds....

Cat  

Anonymous said...

Awwww i love the pics....how precious!!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

Both of your children get more beautiful each time you post a picture.  Congrats on getting Ro out of the bed with you.  That can be a tough one, but definitely a necessary one.  And definitely no craziness on thinking she can understand what Zach wants.  The little ones can be sharp as tacks.  Have a great day. :)

Hugs,

Cliff

Anonymous said...

OMgosh!! It DOES loook like that movie!! rofl...That wierd,and I wouldn't be able to stand that...Hopefully, you go in and out another way..I would be paranoid one would swoop after me or poop on my head!! LOL

ALL the pics are too cute..I LOVE the bikini...;)

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Girl, you do have troubles with them birds!
Maybe they will be gone before long!
The kiddos are adorable!!!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I honestly didn't know people could have problems with birds. Good luck in your endeavor to get rid of them.
~Dianna~

Anonymous said...

Wow...the bird thing would really freak me out....I hate birds!
The pictures are really cute of the kids!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

We had a bird problem like that when we lived in Nebraska.  They had built a nest and everytime we walked out the door they would swoop down at out heads...no kidding.  I started walking out with a broom and would swing it as I ran to my car...of course I was screaming the whole way too...lol

The kids are too cute.  I bet Rowan was so proud to have her brother fall asleep next to her.  I'm so glad she loves him so much and didn't have a hard time adjusting!

Luv~Heather