Friday, June 3, 2005

~Quick Recap~

I'm just going to do a really quick entry for this evening.  I'm very tired, even though I don't have a real good reason to be... And I'm dying to hit the bed!!

Okay, so my date with Derek last night was really nice.  We had a good time and actually found other things to talk about besides the kids :)  "The Longest Yard" was a good movie, even if it isn't getting good reviews.  I'd have to say that this movie is more along the lines of "Big Daddy" and "50 First Dates" type, instead of Adam's slap-stick comedy of "Billy Madison" or something like that.

The soundtrack to the movie was really great too.  In fact, when we were at Target today, we even picked it up.  Lots of music that "gets you going". 

Dinner was wonderful... It has been forever since I've been to Olive Garden.  I was good too... Well, at least I tried to be.  I did get some soup, but only had a few bites... Derek ordered that Artichoke and Spinach Dip, but I wasn't too hot on it (Sorry Nae, it wasn't as good as you made it seem... Maybe it wasn't made right?) so I only had two bites... But for dinner, I was really good.  I ordered Chicken Scampi and basically put a 1/4 of the food to one side of the plate and said to myself, "this is all that I'll eat", and that is all that I did eat!

But you know damn well that I was having the left overs for lunch today :)

Derek, the kids and I went to Target today to get the 'needed' things.  You know, like formula (argh!! $24 for a 25oz can!!!) and other stuff.  I also picked up a new water can so I can water my flowers and plants that aren't next to the sprinkler. 

Its a really nice one and pretty big, and guess what?  I only paid $5.99 for it!!  Can you believe it?  I was stoked.

After Target, we had to go grocery shopping.  I swear, I hate it when I have to take my husband and I hate it if he goes by himself.  We always end up spending more money than we should.  I'm sure some of you out there know what I'm talking about :D

Well, Zach is already down and its time to get Miss Rowan to bed... It will take a good 2 hours for her to go down in her room and then somewhere around 3 in the morning (if not sooner) she'll end up back in our bed... haha...

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  We have more yard work to do tomorrow and another graduation party to attend! 

::Smiles and Hugs::
~Jennifer~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the grocery store. My husband gets nothing good and I spend more than I plan on.

Anonymous said...

I am happy that your date went well. 50 First Dates is one of my very favorite movies, so I bet I will like this one.
I hope you have a great weekend!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

(((Pickle))) -I just got the Mexican off the horn *wink*

You need a graduation ceremony of your own; an honorary Ph.D. in mothering. I'd come to your class, weee....

Have fun in the yard sweet thing and put the new watering can to good use. -Is it hot or mild there now?

Don't do too much. Lubs & Hugs,

Barbie @~>~~~

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, taking my hubby food shopping with me adds another 100.00 bucks to the bill, easy! He is banned from going with me...lol!

Anonymous said...

Dates with the hubby ROCK!  I always manage to get all giggly and stupid around him when we're alone...lol.  Glad to hear you had a good time :D
Target is a double edged sword, don't you think?  I love it, but it's hard to go there and not spend $$, lol. You always spot something else you need but forgot to put on the list.  Have you tried Costco for the formula?  They sell a couple of brands there--sorry but I don't remember which :(
Anna

Anonymous said...

Target, Kohls....you are one shopping Momma!  We love Target here....glad you had a nice date night....we try to schedule one whenever the hubby is in too....sometimes you just gotta get away from teh little ones even if jsut for an hour!

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

You're so REAL and down to earth! I love that damned Olive Garden too! It's fun reading your stuff, for sure!

Dran, now I have to go to Olive Garden, and it's CLOSED! There's always tomorrow, right?

Hope you get another date soon. Count those days!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time.  I can't believe you didn't like the Artichoke and Spinach dip....that stuff is to die for...lol

I soo don't miss buying formula or diapers.  They're soo expensive!!  

Luv~Heather