Thursday, June 2, 2005

~The Weekend is Here and a Date with the Husband!~

                             cryingeyesparkling.gif

I’m patiently waiting for this day to be over.  It isn’t a bad day or anything like that, but I’m excitedly awaiting a date with my husband today!!

 

Yes, you read that correctly.  Derek and I actually get to have some free time (thanks to my parents) to go out on a date!  We are going to hit up a movie- “The Longest Yard”- and then go to dinner at The Olive Garden!

 

I truly can’t remember the last time I went to a movie.  It had to be before I got pregnant with Zachary.  I am not big on going to the movies for different reasons.  The prices being one, the fact that I seriously have the world’s smallest bladder, and having people that I don’t know sit next to me creeps me out!  I’m crazy I know.  But I rather rent the movie or buy it when it comes out and watch it at homeso I can pause it or come back to it later if need be.

 

But I’m going to enjoy myself today.  I’m determined to!  Derek and I seriously need some “adult time” and need to some what reconnect… The last time him and I went out all by ourselves (besides being in Sacramento for Zach- which doesn’t count!!) was the week before Zachary was born!  Can you believe that?  And that baby boy is almost 4 months old!!

 

So, its time!

 

Miss Rowan is feeling a little better.  Her rash did get a little bigger and started to blend in more.  It also started to spread down her arms and behind her knees… And up to her face!!  But she didn’t seem bothered by it.  I did end up calling the advice nurse yesterday afternoon to talk it over with her.  She said to just watch it and if it didn’t get better in a few days or actually got worse, then to have her come on in.  I didn’t get to see what it looked like this morning, because she was still sleeping when I left, but I’m hoping it was better.

 

Dinner over at the in-laws was really nice last night.  We had a turkey dinner (yes, just like thanksgiving) and ravioli’s and other stuff.  Yum Yum.  I did really well, until it was time for dessert when I had a brownie!

 

Eee-gads it was good.  No wonder I don’t keep sweets like that in my house.  I’d seriously eat a whole pan of brownies if there were at my house!  No kidding.

 

Get this.  It’s June 2nd, right?  Well, here in the Central Valley (California, ya’ll) by this date, it is usually pretty damn warm.  Somewhere around 90 degrees most days.  Well the forecast for this week has us in the mid 80’s and then this weekend it will be in the high 70’s.  Can you believe that crap!?!  I was totally getting used to the Heat and now I’m going to have to readjust to the mild weather and then when it finally gets hot again (God knows when!) I’ll have to readjust then!  Putting my body through hell, that’s what this weather is doing.

 

Argh.  Oh well, I guess its better to have cooler weather when you are working out in the yard and trying to exercise, huh? 

 

Yeah, we’ll be out in the yard again this weekend.  Derek is supposed to fix a few sprinklers and broken valves, while I’ll be planting some more flowers under our Redwoods on the side of the house.  Our main project will also include digging up the grass (including weeds) that was damaged last summer when we had our pool dug.  We’ll have to turn the dirt and either lay sod or throw some seed down to get the grass to grow!

 

That will be the biggest chore to do, but will truly make our yard… Not to mention all the wonderful landscaping that my parents have helped with – Love you Mom and Dad!!

 

Well, we are closing our month out today and I gotta go and do some work… Time to put my nose to the grindstone, ya know?

 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday… Just remember that the weekend (for all you Mon-Fri people) is only a day away!!  Mine is starting at 3pm today!!  Woo Hoo...

 

::Ta-Ta::
~Pickle~

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you girlfriend!!!
you certainly deserve
some "grownup time"
with the mister....
Enjoy and have
an absolutely wonder-
ful time dear

hugs to the
little ones
ur friend
Pen.

Anonymous said...

Oh good for you!  I love that spinach dip they have too, with the bread slices, OMG!  Eat some for me!

Yeah, I am surprised by your weather.  It's going to be in the high 80's this weekend and next week.  Of course there is rain scheduled for tm for the kids big schhol picnic/fair.

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

enjoy your movie, I heard it is really good!

Holly

Anonymous said...

Oh, thats so wonderful!!Im so glad you and hubby get to get out tonight..make sure you enjoy it even if it IS a movie, ok?..;) It's SO easy to lose track of time and nOT schedule something like this sooner with kids..LOL

(((HUGS))) Have a blessed weekend girl!!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy that date!! I'm going out for my date with hubby tomorrow night..can't wait..

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have a great adult time with Derek. I can't believe the weather here either.....cloudy, chilly and it keeps raining! UGH
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

This is great news Pickle!  
Have a great time tonight!
Love ya!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Have a great time tonight... =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Hi you dont know me but I came across ur blag and the rash and all looks and sounds like it could be fifths disease...i work at a school and its goin aroun mad style...It starts off as a rash and goes away comes back and so on...Even a fevera nd a sore thoart can happen...Im just lookin at it looks like it..all on the body the reason its called fifths cause its like five stages it goes thru...get it checked out if it worsens...But also keep her away from anyone in the their first trimester of pregancy...it cant hurt the mother and baby...I fI can find any more bot it Ill let you know..sorry for takin up ur time...
Kristina Chicago il

Anonymous said...

((((Pickle)))) Weee...

Do do everything I would do *wink*

I hope you enjoyed every little second on you "Date" LOL. Olive Garden is soooo nummy! <SLURP>

Love ya bunches ((((BIG HUG))))

Barbie @~>~~~
ps, we got june gloom around here :p::::


Anonymous said...

I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR DATE AND ALWAYS MAKE TIME FOR YOU TO HAVE TIME FOR JUST YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND YOUR LIFE WILL BE VERY SHORT AND YOU WILL ALWAYS WISH YOU HAD MORE TIME WITH HIM FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS LIVED IT. COME ON OVER FOR MY MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!  Date with hubby!  Don't worry about people sitting near you for that movie, I don't think it's doing too well at the box office, so there won't be many people next to you in the theatre.  I cannot remember when hubby and I went out ALONE on a date, that's how long it's been for us!  You say it's been 4 months for you?  I think it's been over 1 1/2 years for us!  LOL!  That turkey dinner sounded divine!  You know how much I LOVE turkey dinner with all the trimmings!!!!  Hope you had a good time!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

How nice!!  A date with hubby!  Hope you had a GREAT time!!  We haven't had a date night in 3 years!!  Family is soo nice to have around when you need a break.  

I'm so with you!  I LOVE BROWNIES!!  I think I just might make some today...lol  Thanks a lot for the craving ;)

Landscaping is hard work, but so worth it in the end!  Can't wait to see the finished product!

Luv~Heather