Tuesday, June 14, 2005

~The Fog Has Lifted~

                Golden-Gate-Bridge-in-Fog.jpg
                *golden gate bridge in the fog by Roger Ressmeyer*

Okay, so the fog has lifted for little ol' me.  I'm here and my fingers are ready to spill out that is bubbling over in my head.  Lol.  I've got some stuff to ramble on about... So, if you are ready, Sit Back, Hold On and Shut Up :)

First of all, I tried something pretty nummy this morning!  I stopped to get gas for my car this morning and because I hadn't had any caffine this morning, I decided to go into Dickies (the name of the 76 store) to grab me a Diet Pepsi.  Well, I reached into the fridge thingy and grabbed a Diet Pepsi, but to my suprise, it was a Diet Pepsi LIME!  Oh my goodness, it is tasty!!  Actually, I've been putting Lemon and Lime (not together sillies!!) in my Diet Pepsi's for a long time...

I've also liked putting Lime in my Iced Tea (Sweet Tea for you Kathi), it tastes oh-so-good.  I'm sure you all think I'm pretty crazy with that one, but its the truth.  Don't knock it until you've tried it :)  Also, if you like Diet Pepsi, give the "With Lime" a try!!

Hmm, what else?  Oh yes!  I've got some really great news about my Little Miss Rowan!  Can you guys guess what it is??  Oh come on, I know you probably have an idea...

She is starting Pre-School....  Can you believe it?  She starts next Monday morning at 8am!  I can't believe it.  Derek went in there yesterday to talk to the lady and she just asked him, "When would you like her to start?" and he said "As soon as possible" and then she asked him if Monday the 20th would be okay!!  I can't believe she is starting this soon... I guess him going in there in uniform was the quickest and easiest way to get her in... Haha!!

It is a Christian school over in the next town (Ceres) that is pretty popular and has a goodrep.  Rowan is very excited about going and she is more excited about getting a new backpack and lunch pail!  She wants a Princess backpack and a Cinderella lunchpail.  I'm thinking the Princess backpack will be something easy to obtain, but I'm not sure about the lunchpail.

What is going to be hard- besides seeing her go- is getting her to wear normal shoes!  Rowan is obsessed with her "Barbie" Flip-Flops and doesn't want to wear any shoes but those!!  So, hopefully we'll be able to find some cute shoes that she'll be willing to wear most of the time!

It will be super hard leaving her there, with people I don't know.  I've been very spoiled by having my mom as her babysitter, so I never had to learn to leave her with people that I don't know.  So, it will be new to both her and I... And yes, I'm planning on taking pictures and crying... All at the same time :)

Rowan did wonderful at gymnastics last night!  That little monster is strong, Strong, STRONG!  She can do flips on the bars, is learning how to do a back bend, and backwards summer-saults (sp??).  She just loves the child interaction too!  Which is one of the reasons why she is going to pre-school! 

Hmm, what else, what else is brewing in my tainted mind :)

Oh yes.  Derek informed me today that we might be adopting another mutt!  I don't know where he gets these ideas, but he wants to take care of a dog that a friend of his doesn't want anymore.  She is an English Bulldog and I guess she has some problems... ie chewing, no discipline.  Stuff like that.  I am not sure if I'm hot on the idea, for a couple of reasons.  One, bringing another grown female into a pack that already has an Alpha Female might be a problem.  Two, she'll have to learn our way and our discipline, which is always fun!!  Three, if Derek gets another work dog next July, we'll have no time and space for her... So, it won't be fair to bring her into our house just to have to turn her out later on.  So, we'll see what happens.

That man is crazy and so are his ideas, but I gotta love him!

Another thing is bothering me right now though.  I seriously think Mother Nature is on Crack or something... That or she is getting revenge on us for destroying her planet.  Get this, yesterday and today were/are in the mid 90's!  Okay, pretty warm right (yes, Lisa, we did turn our Air on then... lol).  Well, this Thursday and Friday, it will be back DOWN to the mid-high 70's and possible rain!!  I swear, she is coo-coo or smoking crack!

Okay, another thing that has been bothering me.  Well, not really bothering me, but something I find weird.  My drive to work is through the country, past dairies and what not.  Well, every morning I pass this small to medium sized dairy, no more than 800 head of cattle- if that.  Well, it never fails that I drive by, at least once a week that there is a dead heffer out there!  I am not kidding you... I don't understand why they have all these heffer's dying... I'm not clueless about animals, ya'll, I did participate for 4 years in FFA with raising my own animals.  But it just seems like too many of those heffer's are dying!

Weird I know, but hey, its been bugging me.

Okay all, it is time for me to get a-going.  I've got things to do and people to talk to.  Plus, I have to fill out all kinds of paper work for Rowan's pre-school.  Fun Fun!!

::Toodles Friends::
~Pickle~

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I remember the day i dropped Leslie off...I DID manage to make it back to the car before I started balling though...LOL..Best of luck! And Leslies favorite part of school is STILL picking out the backpack.,..rofl

Good luck with the new dog if you get her, and you are so silly thinking abouty dead heiffers...LOL

Jackie

Anonymous said...

One cries and one runs off to play...Memories... ; *

Oh yeah, no new dog!

Love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Another mutt?  Oh boy.  

Glad to hear you got Rowan in that school, and don't worry I'm sure she'll forget all about those shoes, and if not, have them in the car everyday so she knows they are there when she leaves school.

Ididn't care for the lime or lemon in my pepsior coke, it tasted like dish soap!

Anonymous said...

YEA!! ON THE PRE-SCHOOL
HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY!
TONI

Anonymous said...

Awww...congrats to Rowan on starting pre-school on the 20th...make sure you get some pics...and i hope u share them with us.. =)   Our weather here in Ky. has been really HOT too...and suppose to be in the 70's towards the end of the week...WTH...??...lol.... I agree she is surely smokin sumthin...
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I remember crying the first day mine4 went to pre-school, then kindergarten, jr high.  Not looking forward to high school or college!!!  LOL

http://journals.aol.com/pengboo/Lifeisjustlikehousework

Anonymous said...

Remind me not to get milk from a CA dairy okay?!  Gee, that is so weird that a cow could be sitting out on the field dead like that and they leave it there!!!  GROSS!  And, that's great (I think) about Rowan going to Preschool so soon!  It's going to be a hard adjustment for Mommy though.  But, I bet Rowan will be just fine.  That little princess will be fine with ANYTHING life throws her way!  Haven't tried the Diet Pepsi with Lime.  I have to only drink water, water, water, oh, and more water because of my stupid disease.  One day though, I hope to be able to try softdrinks again!  I will keep it in mind!!!!  So happy you did turn on the ac!  I was going to have to call the insane asylum on you if you didn't!  ;)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Pickle-- : ) What a beautiful picture of the bridge!!  And congrats to Miss Rowan on starting pre school!  My kids loved it!!  They took backpacks too and had field trips and everything.  That's weird about the dead cow in the road.
Hugs,
Lisa

http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/  

Anonymous said...

I saw where Mad cow is in Wash State?? That is most upsetting to see I bet.
I love the song on your journal..Could you please email it to me..
thanks,
Jas

Anonymous said...

I told ya that Diet Pepsi Lime is awesome....I'm sipping on some right now as I type this!
Im glad that Rowan is going to preschool. I know it will be hard on ya but I just think that kids do so well when they are able to interact with more kids their age.
I love your graphic...its really pretty.
hugs
Kathi

Anonymous said...

AWESOME PIC OF THE BRIDGE WEIRD ABOUT THE ANIMALS COME ON OVER FOR MY NEW FUN JOURNAL

Anonymous said...

Tried the lime Pepsi (diet) and I agree--YUMMY!
Anna

Anonymous said...

hhhmmm.. I love diet pepsi..will have to try the Lime thing..congrats to Ms. Rowan!! Yes, sending the hubby in uniform to do ANYTHING gets results much faster...lol! And yes, I think the weather is wacko too!!

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the Pepsi with Lime.  I'm like you though...I've been putting lime in my drinks for a long time.  One of my British friends taught me about 8 years ago...lol  We're just coming up to their times.  

YAY, Rowan is going to pre-school.  I know you'll cry, but it will be so good for her.  It took me a week to convince myself that Casey was okay at school when she went to Kindergarten.  

It was 97 here yeaterday with a heat index of 105-108.  HOT!!!  

Are you sure the heffer is dead??  That's VERY weird.  I was in FFA too...lmao  

Luv~Heather