Friday, November 26, 2004

And its Done...

I'm extremely exhausted.  The last two days have been very busy for me and now all I'm wanting to do it sleep...

But when I sleep... I wake to pain and not being able to be comfortable.  I definetly would have to say that I've done too much.  And let me tell you, I never recieved so many lectures from people about resting... Not even when I was pregnant with Rowan and working as a bagger at the local Raleys. 

I swear... I think I could go to bed and stay there until Sunday... If my body and family would let me ;D

Thanksgiving was a complete success.  There were 14 adults and 4 children shoved into my cozy little home (its really not small... about 1650 square feet... but the dinning/living room did get very crowded!!).  It was beautifully set up... Looking more like Christmas than Thanksgiving, but hey, I don't care.

Everyone pitched in great and brought what they said they would.  Every bit off all 3 turkeys went... And including some ham!!  The mashy potatos, stuffing and gravy were all my favs!  Oh yes, and don't forget the sweet potatos.  Oh baby.  Those things could send someone into a Sugar-Overload!  LOL.

The girls (remember, 3 brothers produced 4 granddaughters- on the hubby's side) all got along great and enjoyed their time together.  My house has never been so loud... I swear, it was so loud that you couldn't even think!!

The Hubby's fried turkey was a success... Even with the people that didn't think they'd enjoy it.  I think he was proud of it.  He did something different this time with the seasoning and injected it with orange juice.  Hmm, mighty tasty if you ask me.  And again, I'm not a big turkey person.

All of our guests were gone by 930pm.  But we didn't get to sleep until about 11pm.  It took some time to winde down for all of us... And then, when we did get to sleep, it seemed like we were up in a few hours... Neither the hubby nor I could sleep last night.  Weird.

Today we just spent some time around the house and then went to my parents for another Turkey dinner.  My grandparents are down for a few days and my mom made another dinner there... So, we were there pretty much all afternoon and evening so they could spend some time with Rowan ;)  They sure do love that little girl.

Speaking of her... I did take some pictures of her on Thanksgiving that are just too adorable and I will have to share them with you tomorrow.  I am just too tired to upload them and make sure they look okay to do it right now.  I know, I know... Go to bed.

I'm glad to hear that everyone had great Thanksgiving's... Its always good when the day goes well.

Now we just have to start thinking about Christmas.  Mind you...

Christmas Eve is only 28 days away!!!

I did get some shopping done today though... no no... I didn't go out on Black Friday... I did everything from my home computer!  LOL.  I purchased my brother his present and my MIL's.  I also did purchase my hubby one of his gifts... But according to the site, its on back order.  Hmm, and they didn't mention until when.  Just great.  Guess I better find out huh?  LOL.  Luckily Christmas is 29 days away.... HEHE....

                

Well, I think that is about it for tonight... I will definetly be back tomorrow and let you know about the rest of our weekend and show some pictures of my beautiful princess!  LOL.  Do I sound like a proud Mommy or what??

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend...

HUGS TO ALL.... Jennifer

all tags done by the Tag Lounge

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that everyone survived!!!! lol
Rest up over the weekend!!

hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that your holiday went well!  I think you should just take some time to nap every day, maybe a 2 hour power nap here and there, that may help the feeling of exhaustion!  Can't wait to see the pics of Rowan!!!  She is such a little cutie!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have my life. I am busy all the time too. I am so busy doing things for other people I neglect myself. I am glad you had a wonderful Thanks Giving, I did too. I love turkey though, and I have tried a deep fried one there great. Well you need some rest your J-Land Pal Heather

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
So glad your Thanksgiving was great!
That fried turkey sounds absolutely
sinful!!!
Get some rest!!
Lovish!
Connie

Anonymous said...

WOW..are you getting the thing where your hip kinda goes numb n bed?..Mt did that with Ty and is already trying to do that...Sleep is something we love when we're pregnant, but you're so right...It's SO tough to get comfortable!! Even with 4 pillows!! LOL

So glad to hear everything went well!!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

You have every reason to be soooo proud of your family!!!

You are all Beautiful inside and out!!!

Much Love & Many Blessings, barbie~

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your dinner was a success!!!  Can't wait to see the pictures.

Luv~heather

Anonymous said...

I am exhausted just reading this..........................  get whatever rest you can, it's winding down now with the pregnancy.  You know when you start getting uncomfortable, you are getting near the light at the end of the tunnel...  HUGS

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm so behind.....get some rest, and Happy Belated Thanksgiving!  :-)
~JerseyGirl

Anonymous said...

Glad you had so much fun..

Get some rest already!!

~Heather