Saturday, November 6, 2004

Saturday....

I'm tired today.  I can't wait to go to bed... But it is still a little bit too early for that.  I have to finish watching COPS and then watch "Third Watch" that I DVR'd the night before... Then I can go to bed... But for right now, I'm tired.

Today we went to Davis to watch my brother play some Hockey with the UC Davis club/league.  I've never driven to Davis (just a little outside Sacramento) by myself and my parents had driven up earlier in the morning... So, I was a little nervous.  I don't mind driving, I just don't like not knowing where I'm going.  I always seem to not believe in myself when it comes to where I'm going and what not.

We did make it to Davis though.  Just in the nick-of-time too... We got there right as my brother's team was going onto the rink.  Whew.  And that was with a pit-stop for Missy Rowan so she could go pee.  LOL... I didn't mind though, my bladder was pretty full and being kicked by the Little Man... LOL.

She didn't like to hear that I might have had to stop on the side of the road for her though.  We were way in the middle of no-where and I told her if I couldn't find a potty room, she'd have to go on the side of the road.  I don't know if she just didn't understand me or if she didn't like that idea, because I got this look of disgust and a big "WHAT?"... LMAO.  I guess she isn't going to be much like her Mama... Who had no problem doing that when she was younger.  ::giggle::

Miss Rowan sure loved to watch her Uncle play some Hockey (its Roller, by the way, not ice)... She seemed very into it... Even yelling "GO DAVIS" at one point.  It was too cute!  I wish they had done a little better... But it was still fun to go watch and hang out with my brother...

The drive home wasn't that great though.  Missy Rowan did fall asleep no more than 5 minutes away from the rink... But like I said before, I'm not good with driving in places I don't know... And being night time, it made it all the worse.

Yep folks, Jennifer pretty much messed up her whole drive home!  LOL.  I started off fine, then thought I missed my exit, only to realize that it was actually coming up... Got that one fine... Got about an hour down the road and realized another exit I needed was coming up... This exit is tricky, so I was trying hard to remember where it was and to make sure I didn't miss it... What did I do???  I missed it!  AAHHH.  Then... I keep going... Call my mom, she tells me to take another exit by a certain number... Then when I drive past an exit that has the place where I wanna go, but by a different number, I call her back... Only to find out that I wanted that exit and now was heading in the totally wrong direction!!!

::not blaming Mom at all... LOVE YOU MOM::

So, after having a pregnancy-meltdown (yes, I do have them.. fun) on the side of the busy, busy freeway... My dad tells me the right way to go... And I end up home, only about 15 minutes longer than it would have taken me if I didn't miss my exit.  See, I don't have any confindence in myself when I drive in a new place... IT IS HORRIBLE!!!  But at least I got home... LOL.

Wow... what a day!! I'm glad I have no plans for tomorrow... I'm definetly going to have to recoupe all day tomorrow... LOL.  I'm such a dork!! 

Well, that is pretty much my update for now... I can't think of too much and I'm really wanting to go watch "Third Watch".  I hope all have/had a wonderful Saturday and enjoy the rest of their weekend!!

HUGS TO ALL....

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it the Cops - Tased and Confused episodes?  LOL  I somehow got stuck watching that tonight.  Nothing more fun than watching a bunch of criminals getting tasered, I guess.  LOL  Jacy doesn't seem to have a problem with peeing on the side of the road.  LOL  She'll go anywhere.  Modesty isn't in her vocabulary.  :P  I'm glad you and Rowan had a good time!  And I'm with you... I hate driving anyway, but especially in big cities or areas I'm not familiar with.  Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Whew!! I'm glad you made it home too! my son Casey to this day would never go on the side of the road sheez!!! he's a flippin boy god sake!! mom (me) never had any problems dropping trow anywhere. hehehe weee...wiz! :o

my boys are roller kings!! *wink*

I love you chicken!! Enjoy your Sunday, barb~

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it home........finally.  I've spaced out like that too!  Blame it on the hormones!
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

From Kathi-- " I am the same way about driving. If I don't have step by step directions, I might as well hang it up!"

From Me-- Yesterday when we went to the mall in Nashville I missed my exit because they had changed stuff so much since the last time I went! We ended up getting there but the long way around..

Hugs and love,
Heather and Kathi

Anonymous said...

I hear ya' on the directions thing girlfriend!  I get lost ALL the time and start to go into panic attacks when I have to go anywhere I am not familiar with.  I am constantly ending up getting off the wrong exit and then going the entirely wrong way.  It happens every single time I travel alone.  So, you aren't alone in this "problem".  And, I don't think it has to do with self-confidence, I think it is something you have or you don't have.  Directional illiterate, that's what I call myself at least!  Glad you had fun and glad Rowan slept the entire way home so she didn't get upset too.  Hope you are getting some rest today!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love you Jennifer.

Anonymous said...

I'm also terrible with directions.  You'd never know it though.  I get in the car and act like i know where I'm going.  I don't get nervous about it...just mad once I get lost..haha  Which is quite often.  

~Heather~