Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Knock-Off Jewelry and Other Updates!!

Okay, have I ever mentioned how much I hate the fog??  Yeah, well, I do... I'll get to that story in a minute.

So, yesterday after work, I stopped and picked up some of the yummiest Mexican food that I have had in a while for my mom, myself and Rowan for dinner.  I don't know if I liked it so much because I've really been wanting something spicy, or if it was just that good... LOL.  But all I can say is that I truly enjoyed my Chicken Melinasa and flour tortillas :D  I did ask for a large order of the cabbage dip... I didn't get that... Instead I received a large order of SALSA... I'm not big on salsa, but it seemed to do the trick of satisfing a craving.  Haha.

I swear, with this pregnancy, I'm sooo different than when I was with Rowan.  I never had heart burn with Ro, I do now.  I didn't have morning sickness too bad with Rowan... Some mornings, I still have the urge to throw up, this late in pregnancy.  My cravings have been pretty strong too, when with Rowan I could just pass them off.  Now, I MUST HAVE IT!!!!

Anywho...

We went to that jewelry party last night... Yeah, a bunch of expensive knock-off jewelry and some decently priced knock-off purses and hand bags.  Some of the jewelry was really pretty... But if you happen to have real stones, you wouldn't want to put the fake ones next to the real ones.  There were some rings that caught my eye, but I wasn't going to pay $45 for something that wasn't even close to being real and besides, I have pretty big fingers (7.5-8 ring size) and all the rings were made for small fingered woman :D

I did happen to come across a few purses that I liked.  They weren't too expensive and I ended up buying a fake Marc Jacob purse in this kinda lime-green fall color.  Its pretty cool looking... I just gotta keep it from being seen by my husband!!  I swear, I'd buy a new purse every week if I could... I'm a purse girl.  Some woman like shoes, I like purses.  I'd rather buy something real, like a Dooney and Bourke or something like that... But Idon't have $230 for one now :D  Maybe I'll get one for Christmas...

Oh to dream....

Last night at the party, we headed back to my mom's house to watch "Gilmore Girls" and "One Tree Hill".  Needless to say, I didn't leave my mom's house until after 10pm!!!  Way too late if you ask me... And Miss Rowan was still very much awake!!  Okay, I'm going to get back to the fog now.  See, I live a whole 10-12 miles away from my mom.  So, it should have only taken me about 10 minutes to get home... In good conditions.  Well, last night the fog was so dense that I couldn't see 20 feet ahead of me!  It literally took me 25 minutes to drive home last night.  I don't think I went over 40mph... UGH.  I was almost tempted to just stay the night at my moms... But that wouldn't have been such a bright idea because I would have had to get up and drive in the dark home to get ready for work.  Darn fog...

Tomorrow I go to the doctors to have my toe worked on... I'm getting kinda nervous.  I don't want to have shots in my toes and I don't want someone cutting it open and what not with me being able to see them do it!!  But, I'm tired of it hurting and looking gross... So, I guess I better do what I have to do to make it better.  Bummer deal...

On a brighter note.  I get my hair done on Friday afternoon.  I think I'm going to leave it dark, but I'd like a few blonde highlights back into it.  Besides, the hubby is desparate to have my hair back to normal (or so he says...).  I've been seeing new pictures of Kelly Clarkson (American Idol girl) and her hair is really cute... Maybe I'll look into doing something like that.

***** Countdown to Thanksgiving is 8 days *****

We are having Thanksgiving at my house again this year.  I wanted to have it there so both sides of my family (mine and hubby's) could be all together.  I don't like to leave my grandparents and mom and dad out... And they would have been if we were to have Thanksgiving at one of my SIL's houses.  So, even though I'm going to be close to the begining of my 7th month, we are having it at my house.  A whole whopping 15-16 people at my house!!! AAHHH.  Where am I going to put them all... LOL.  I can't wait though.  The Hubby is going to try a Deep-Fried turkey this weekend and if it turns out good, he'll be doing one for Thanksgiving.  We will also have a baked one too... But the more food, the happier people will be (especially the hubby and his brothers... lol).  Hmm, I can't wait for them mashy potatos and gravy either!!

***** Countdown to Christmas Eve is 38 Days *****

Woo Hoo!!!  I'm getting soo excited.  I picked up three more presents yesterday.  Okay, so I ordered them on-line... But hey, they'll get to me... So, that means that I only need to get about 8 more presents for the family and finish up Rowan and then work on the Hubby.  Both hard to shop for!!  I have no idea what to get the Hubby.  But we have decided not to by too many toys this year, because she gets spoiled by everyone else.  So, she is getting her bike and probably some books and a few movies and that is it from us, I tell ya!!

My mom did get this magazine from Disneydirect.com and I sooo found something that we are going to have to get Rowan when the baby comes.  You know, as a gift from her baby Zachary.  It is too cute!!  Here is the link.... Baby Doll Set.  Let me know what you think, okay!!??!!  I thought it would be nice for her to have her own baby and all the new toys that goes along with having a baby.... Besides, she loves baby dolls!!

Well, I need to get to work.  I hope all have a great Wednesday.

HUGS TO ALL....

 

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!  Now that's what I call a Baby Doll Set!!!  Holy Moley!!  Guess Grandma doesn't know how to think little huh?  LOL!  It is a good idea to buy Rowan something that represents the new baby, and it also a good idea to have Rowan bring a little present to the hospital for her new sibling to sort of bond them.  It worked for my children, but they are pretty spaced apart in age.  So, you have big fingers and have a hard time finding rings huh?  Try having a ring finger sized 3.5!!  I have to wear jewelry meant for children or get almost all the darned gold cut off the ring!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa
P.S.:  And, PLEASE stop counting down until Christmas!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Girl, Im only 3 1/2 months and you know what Im craving?...Mountain Dew freezes...LOL..I had the heartburn...it's killer...Maybe it's a boy thing because I didn't have it with Leslie myslef, just Ty...The doc can give you some good stuff for it..and with you craving hot a spicy, YOU'LL NEED IT!! LOL..take care girly...:)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I love purses too, I bought one at a craft fair in TN that I am loving right now, but I also have a thing for shoes! I am going to go check out the baby set right now! Thanksgiving sounds like fun!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

i love mexican food. the spicer the better. I haven't even started christmas shopping yet, and there are so many gifts to buy.  I need to buy for my neice and nephews and the baby cousins (2) little kids.  Then my family has a grab bag for the adults, because it would be too much to buy for everyone.  So one adult per person.  Good luck with your toe tomorrow.  I will be thinking of you.
((((hugs))))
Leigh

Anonymous said...

That baby set is too cool....I seen the exact same one at Big Lots for a lot cheaper though.  Mmmm Mexican food sounds sooo good!!  I think we just might have Taco Bell for dinenr tonight.  I sooo need to get on my Christmas shopping.  I have not bought one single thing yet.  I think I will get all of my family gift certificates to restaurants since they all live so far away.  Hubby and I usually don't buy for each other.  When we see something we want, we buy it.  That leaves nothing left for Christmas.  Have no idea what we're getting our daughter either...hmmm

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

What an adorable babydoll set! I'll have to look into that for shortcake and see what hubby thinks ;)  Hope that heart burn eases up some, i remember that pain with boys all too well!
HUGS,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

We have a shop that sells the coolest purses and jewerly at really decent prices.  Women all over the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex kill to go to this store it's called Sam Moon.  It s owned by some oriental family..so I guess they go to china and by stuff cheap and pass the savings on.  They have a website if you wont to go to it I have never seen the website but it the prices are the same as the store girl you could have a different purse when the moods hits ya
I think its Sammoon.com  

Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on being one of the top 5. You're journal is great!!!!!!! We homeschool & I have two girls one 23 who graduated from Homeschooling & is teaching at a private school & one 16 who has her permit now and takes care of two special needs children several time a week. Both care for the elderly, love kids & animals & take Karate & Piano. We also love to go camping. We love animals and always take our tw big dogs camping. We love working on old cars also or just fixing our up. You can also check out our kodak pictures page first link in our OTHER JOURNALS LINKS. Cars, animals and our way of living are all there. We love getting posts in my journal & see how our daily life goes on I 'd love to hear from you.  LORI  

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being an editors pick! I too have an addiction. My name is Rebecca and I have a purse/handbag addiction. There I said it outloud. Do they have support groups for this type of addiction out there? :o)
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

That babydoll set is freaking adorable!!  I can't believe how real it all looks!  I can't wait to have a little girl!  LOL!  Have fun on Thanksgiving, Deep Fried Turkeys are awesome!!!  

Kell
http://journals.aol.com/awen1122/Confessionsofa20somethingDramaQu

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you for making the Editors Pick list!  :-)
I was so happy to see your name up there, as you have such a nice blog.
~JerseyGirl

Anonymous said...

I would sooooooooooooooo love to buy a purse a week!  LOL!!  My husband would shoot me!  He makes fun of all the purses I already have!  I like you, do not have a thing for shoes, I loooove me some purses!  LMAO!!

Kell
http://journals.aol.com/awen1122/Confessionsofa20somethingDramaQu

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Editors Pick! I really enjoyed reading your journal and I must say that your little girl is ADORABLE! About that heartburn though, my mom swears that drinking a can of Dr. Pepper will make it go away, so hopefully it works for you too!
                                       Have a great day!
                                                        Chrissy xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congrats being on the Editor's pick!! Whoo-Hoo!!!!

I hate fog too. Mixed that with deer rutting season and its an accident waiting to happen!

Good luck with your toe!

Hugs,
Heather

P.s Fried turkey is soo good! You believe how juicy it is! I hope it turns out.

Anonymous said...

You can pick up older Dooney & Bourke purses on EBAY now. REally inexpensive, actually about the price of a fake. You might want to check them out.

Anonymous said...


            Tiffanys  gift  world
     www.tiffanysgiftworld.com
like to shop take a look at this !!! This is our company !!! We sale Jewlry !!!
and we sale pocket watches and knives and desk top items,Beaded pens, &
stationary,Large water fountains for your yard or garden !!! we sale toys !!!
We sale Dolpins, & Frogs & Angels on Clocks,and Angels on Lamps !!! and Angels,
we sale Swords to hang on fireplaces !!! we sale Pots & Pans,Wind Chimes,we sale over 4,000 gift items !!! including tables & Bed Sheets & Pillows !!! so have fun looking,oh if you go to Tiffanys  Gift  World now you wil;l beable to download a game for FREE !!! its our way of saying Happy Holidays ! Have Fun oh catalogs are $10.dollars each if you want one you must e-mail me and put in a request,if you put your request in now I will let you or anyone have a catalog for $7.dollars hurry while supplies last.