Thursday, November 4, 2004

Updates!!

Hey all... I want to thank you all for your Well-Wishes and let you all know what is going on...

I went to the doctor yesterday and he basically flat out told me that my toe was icky and that I needed to have an "in-grown toe nail extraction".  So, he set me up with an antibiotic because it is infected (icky) and with a date to come back and have a mini-surgery... Nov. 18th.  Wow, kinda far away huh?  But I guess he wants the antibiotics in my system before he starts to cut into my toe.  LOL.

And off to Miss Rowan...

Let me just tell you... Miss Lisa you are just too darn smart for your own good!!  LOL.  You hit it right on the nose.  My little Princess has Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease.  YUCK YUCK.  There is nothing we can do besides let it run itself out and keep her away from all the kiddos.  I figure she must have gotten it from gym class or something like that, because it usually runs through daycare and schools... And that is the only place that she has other kid contact (besides her cousins).  So, I did have to call both of my sister-in-laws and let them know, so they can check their kids and we'll just stay away from gym for a while.

Its a bummer deal... But at least it isn't a BIG DEAL or something worse.

I did call my OB/GYN to check with them to make sure I'm ok.  I don't have any of the symptoms, but I'm just double checking.  I haven't heard back from them yet... And probably won't until tomorrow.  LOL.  I'm not too worried.  Just want to double check.

On my way to work, I stopped at Jack in the Box to get some lunch.  I grabbed a salad (healthy) and a diet coke.  But I also decided to get a Double Fudge Cake for dessert (hehe) and Onion Rings for breakfast!!  Oh, I'm soooo bad.  LOL.  I just crave those things.  Its weird.  And their Tacos... But I didn't think that would be easy to eat in the car... haha

Well, because I came into work late, I have plenty to do.  I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!!

HUGS TO ALL....

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hubby was sitting here reading your entry and said "Yep, tacos are a pain in the ass to eat in the car, but he has it down to a science now.".  Hee-hee!  Never mess with a man when it comes to his tacos!  Glad Rowan only has Hand, Foot, Mouth disease, even though it seems terrible, it is totally normal for every child to get this "wonderful" disease.  Good idea letting your sister in law know, since her kids will most likely come down with it too now unless they already had it.  And, like I said, I am not smart, just a mom of three kids who have all been through these things before!  I am sortof glad we don't have a Jack in the Box here because my hubby would be 100 pounds bigger than he is already!!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm FINALLY making it around to your journal and have added you to my alerts.  I remember when my little one had hand, foot, mouth disease.  I will still say that is the worst thing she's ever had.  She was only 5 months when she had it so it was hell to get her to eat or drink anything for 7 days!!  Hope she feels better soon :)

~Heather~

Anonymous said...

Ouch.. those toe infections.  My skin still crawls at the memory.  Try soaking it in a bucket of warm water with some Epson Salt in it.  That always helped us.  Both me and my sister eventually had to have surgery, my dad too.  After that, no more problems.  If they become persistent, ask about the laser surgery.  It's worth it!  And poor Rowan!!  Hope she's better soon!  

Anonymous said...

eek on the infection.  I get the shivers just thinking about the "mini surgery" I'm such a wuss!  Hope your little one feels better soon. Mine had the HFM thing a while back...
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Now THIS is why I was reading back. I was curious about your toe. I get ingrowns and infections all the time. Never even mentioned it to my doc before. They do surgery for this?? Is this a regular doc? Or do you see a pediatrist?