Saturday, November 20, 2004

Its Begining to Look A Lot Like Christmas

For being a Saturday, its been pretty quiet and uneventful... I'm actually kinda glad about that too.  Today is just one of those blah days... I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.  A blah day when you are in your PJ pants at 4pm!!  Haha.

Miss Rowan and I were up around 830 this morning.  I was kinda hoping to sleep in a little longer, but I guess the 9 hours of sleep she got last night was plenty for her... But don't let the fact that she is napping now (snoring loudly, I might add) fool you... She thought she was just fine this morning!  I on the other hand could have slept in until about 10am!

So, after we were up and ate our Dippy-Dip for breakfast (Ro calls anything served with syrup, like waffles Dippy-Dip), we were off to get ready for my brother's hockey game.

Let me tell you, that little girl loves her Uncle Boo and when she found out she was getting ready to go see him play, she practically ran to the shower.  Oh yes, I did scruntch my hair today... I think I really like doing it that way.  And it is sooo much easier than trying to blow it out.  It will take me a few more times to actually get it perfected, but Lisa, you are right about it giving you that sexy look.  Mind you, I don't know how sexy I can be at 6 months pregnant and caring around a toddler... But hey, I try ;D

Anywho... Enough about the pregnant gal trying to look sexy... ::hehe::

My brother's team actually did very well this afternoon.  They tied for their first game this morning and then won the game that Rowan and I were at.  They actually got a shut-out... Something they were not expecting!  They were missing one of their key players (as well as the other team) and from what I got, their moral was just low.  But I guess them beating the team 5-0 was something that perked them up.  My brother scored 2 goals and there weren't any scuffles between his team and the other one.  The team that my brothers team was playing is actually from the local junior college here.  So, it consisted of people that my brother actually grew up playing with on teams and against.  Just strange.  Its hard to play against friends or people you have played with before... You can't just check them into the wall and not feel bad I guess... haha.

I am kinda worried about their 5pm game (which they are playing right now!!).  They are playing Chico... and let me tell you, Chico and Davis don't have good blood with each other!  The last time my bro's team played them, by brother accidently checked another player in the neck, breaking his stick and cutting the guys neck!!  This wasn't done on purpose mind you, just something that happened.  But my brother and his team are really worried about what could happen during this game... And let me tell you, so am I!!  So, I'm patiently waiting to hear the outcome of the game.  ::biting nails::

So, its begining to look a lot like Christmas around here.  I received a few tags today from the Tag Lounge (Thank you all very much!!) and most of them had to do with Christmas.  I couldn't believe it!!  But hey, Christmas Eve is only 34 days away!!!  I've been reading some other journals and I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one putting Christmas stuff already too!  I just love Christmas... And the longer the stuff is up... The more we get to enjoy it!

Well, its just about that time to start making some dinner.  I hope all have a wonderful Saturday evening and a great rest of the weekend.

HUGS TO ALL....

 *tag by Tag Lounge*

 

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being in the top 5 pick of the week!!!
You are scaring me about it being 34 days til Christmas Eve.  AHHHHHHHH!  
Have a great rest of the weekend and I really like your journal.  

Anonymous said...

I put my tree up tonight!!  YAY!!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

It's great you are doing things to feel good about your pregnant self!! haha...Same here, except I haven't done anything tey..not gaining too much weight is my goal right now, since I gained over 50lbs with my first two..ACK, its tough to get that weight off afterwards!! LOL...Take care and im glad you enjoyed the game..((prayers)) this game goes smoothly..

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting Pick of the Week!  I found you before through Robin's journal "These Are The Days..."  I'll be back to check in.  Keep it up.
~Dona

Anonymous said...

Hey you sexy wind blown mama *wink*,

I'm so glad to hear the happiness in your voice hehehe!!!

let us know how the game turned out. i hope your bro didn't have to battle on the boards!!! God i miss a good hockey game, my boys haven't played in weeks : (

Love to All. Ho Ho Ho, barbie~




Anonymous said...

I know those days, if only Sam would sleep that late, HA!  HUGS