Thursday, November 18, 2004

Woo Hoo...

  *Miss Rowan getting ready to 'shave' with Daddy... Such a happy girl*

Well, let me tell you what a suprise it was to receive an email last night stating that I was one of the journal editors top 5 picks!!  I couldn't believe it.  I've only had this journal going since May and to have it featured is something pretty cool, if you ask me :D  So, I'm going to say a big thank you in advance to all the people that stop by and say hello and leave comments... I swear, I will try to respond to each and everyone...

                                     

Well, last night the Hubby got some practice with the Deep Fryer.  I thought he was going to wait until the weekend to try out the whole deep fried turkey thing (for practice for Thanksgiving day)... But he decided he was going to do it last night.  It turned out really well.  Pretty tasty and suprisingly tender.  He might have cooked it a little bit too long (its like 3 minutes per pound) so next time I think he'll just stay to the recommended time.  I was definetly excited about getting a head start on the Thanksgiving feast though... We pretty much had all the trimmings... LOL.  Mashy potatos, beans, stuffing and even gravy (okay, so it was instant, but it still tasted okay)...  I sooo can't wait until next week!!

***** Countdown to Thanksgiving is 7 Days *****

Speaking of Thanksgiving... We might have one more person joining us forthe evening's festivities.  The Hubby's uncle is wanting to come up from San Francisco to spend the holiday's with us... So, that will make 16 people in my house.  I know it probably doesn't seem too much to some people, but this is my only second Thanksgiving and that is plenty of peopel :D  Luckily, I will be getting some help.

Anywho...

Today is the day that I go to the doctors for my toe... Owwiee.  I really don't wanna, but like I said before, I gotta suck it up and get it done because it sure isn't pretty!!  LOL.  My Hubby thinks that I'm going to come home with only 9 toes this afternoon.  I keep telling him "thanks, that makes me feel great".  LOL.  I know its nothing big... But I still don't like needles. 

I decided to put some pictures of our trip to Pismo from this last weekend in this entry.  I've been trying to get AOL Pictures to load up for the last 5 minutes and it isn't really wanting to.  There are sooo many that I was going to use that... But now I'm going to have to use Photobucket and only put a few pictures... For now.

This is my SIL and her girls with Rowan running on the beach

 

This is Rowan and her cousin Morgan (15mons)... They had a great time playing together last weekend

 Miss Rowan playing on the beach for the first time... She sure seemed to love playing in the sand and getting dirty...

Well, I'm not very happy with the way the pictures are coming out from Photobucket.  They seem too blurry for me... So, I will have to try to do the AOL Pictures later on... For some reason, it doesn't want to load... Darn it!!

Miss Rowan is home with her Daddy today.  He actually has a day off!!  They are going to "hang out" and then go to our nieces basketball game this afternoon.  I'm going to meet them there after I have my toe cut on... Yuck Yuck!!  I hope that I'll be able to take Rowan to gymnastics tonight too.  The hubby might have to drive, but she hasn't been in the last 2 weeks because of the whole HFMD (hand foot and mouth disease)... So, we better go tonight.  Even if I'm a big ol' gimp!  LOL.

This weekend Miss Rowan and I are on our own.  The Hubby has decided to work some OT for Christmas money... LOL.  Whatever.  I think he just likes to go out and get the 'bad guys' (as Rowan would say...).  He'll be home during the day but working Friday and Saturday nights undercover... Oh so much fun!  Just as long as he comes home... That is all that matters!!

Oh yes, speaking of this weekend.  We have definetly decided to put our Christmas stuff up!!  I know, I know... Early... But hey, what can you do when you want it up for Thanksgiving day and the Hubby works all 4 days before.  So, that is what we'll be doing this weekend... WOO HOO.

***** Countdown to Christmas Eve is 36 Days *****

Happy Shopping To You All.... Woo Hoo!!

Well, I do have to get some work done today because I will be leaving early.  ::owwiee::  Thank you all again for stopping by and saying Hello!  I hope you all have a wonderful day.

HUGS TO ALL....

 

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO~HOO! CONGRATS ON EDITORS PICK! YOU TOTALLY DERSERVE IT!
The picture of Princess Rowan are adorable!! Go luck with that toe (owchie)
HUGS,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

((((CONGRATS))))) You deserve every bit of the pick!!!

thankx for sharing!! <Big Smile>

Good Luck with the toe thing......OUCH, YIKES!!!!

much love, barbie~

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!

Congrats on making the top five!!!  Woo Hoo!!!!


Kasey

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the Top 5!!!  

Hope your appointment goes well for you today.

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your toe! Hope it gets all better and that Rowan's HFMD gets all better, too. At least her doctor got it sorted out right away. Mine thought mono, west nile, and half a dozen others before HFMD. Congrats on the top 5!!!
Vickey
http://journals.aol.com/hopelessBlondie/VictoriasJournal

Anonymous said...

Jennefer. Your daughter is adorable.  Congrats on being picked.
((((hugs))))
Leigh

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being featured!
I hope that your OWIE is better! I know that I cant stand anyone messing with my feet, so I would have a hard time letting a Dr. mess with my toe if something was wrong
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Cute pics!!!

I was thinking of putting the Christmas stuff early myself.

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

please be careful with the turkey fryer. in the past people have been severly burnt

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE pictures!!!  Your daughter just reminds me so much of a wood nymph, I know I have said it before, but she is such a little fairy looking child!!  Hope your toe is doing okay today, sorry I didn't get to comment when I wanted to.  
Hugs and love, Lisa