Monday, November 15, 2004

Pismo... A Possible Breakthru... And Ramblings

Happy Monday to you All... I hope your weekend was great!!

Our weekend in Pismo was great.  The weather was wonderful and the company was great.  We left Friday morning at 10am and got to Pismo around 3pm.  Miss Rowan did a really good job in the car, both there and back.  Truthfully, I was really suprised because she had never been stuck in a car that long.

We made sure we stopped for potty breaks and actually set up the Hubby's laptop on the middle console so Rowan could watch movies.  I think she really liked that... Now it is giving us the idea of putting a DVD player into our car.  But because we have a sunroof, it would be hard... So, that might have to wait until we get a new car sometime next year.

Friday night we went to a local resturant called "The Cracked Crab".  It was a really cute place... The food was alright.  Just a little expensive for my taste.  A dinner salad was $8!!!  Oh my goodness... It wasn't all that big either.  The hubby wanted to share a "Bucket For Two".  It consisted of Crab legs, Slipper Lobster and Shrimp.  The only bad thing about it is that it is cooked Cajun style and with Sausage and Corn Cobbettes.  When the gal dumped the bucket out on the table (that is how they serve it) I literally lost my appetite from the smell and look of the sausage.  YUCKY!!  So, I only ended up eating just my salad and some bread.  Ugh... I don't even want to think about it now... That smell just got to me horribly bad :D  Darn pregnant nose... LOL.

We also went to a local play house called "The Great American Melodrama".  We watched the play, "Hunchback of Notre Dame" and then the actors but on a muscial review.  It was really great.... Just too funny!!  Rowan actually sat through the whole thing and seemed to enjoy it very much.  She just loves music and dancing... We were there from 8-1045pm!!  She just did sooo awesome... Her Daddy and I were very proud of her.  Even the actors were suprised she didn't have a melt down (the mentioned it to the Hubby on the way out)... How great is that!!

Saturday we went walking down around the shops in Pismo.  It is really a cute cute place.  We went to lunch at Splash and Miss Rowan really enjoyed sharing Clam Chowder with her Nana.  I stuck to Chicken Strips (even though I LOVE Clam Chowder) because I didn't know if I should have too much of it or not (the whole shellfish thing and being pregnant)... After we had spent some time shopping and walking around, we went down to the beach by our hotel room and enjoyed the beautiful day.  This was the first time Rowan had ever been to a beach, so taking off her shoes and walking in the sand was a new experience for her!  Her Auntie and Cousins actually took her to the water and let her play in the surf... She just loved it!!  ::I do have pics... They'll be up soon:: I even let loose and walked around barefoot with my pants rolled up... That must have been a site... LOL.  Waddling all along the beach, it was too funny.

We also celebrated our Niece's 9th birthday this weekend.  I think she had a blast because we went to the patio at the hotel and had cake and let her open her gifts.  She got money, a Nintendo Advance SP and a CD/FM Radio (from us).  I think celebrating her birthday in a different place besides home was something she'll forever remember.  Heck, I still remember celebrating my 12th birthday in Disneyland.  That was a blast!!

Basically, Pismo was a great trip.  There are a few things I'd like to forget, but this isn't the place to put those problems in... Just imagine getting 12 people of all the same family in one spot for too long and there is bound to be a person or couple that has a problem... But other than that, this weekend was a blast.  I'll definetly want to go back again... Maybe next November :D

We did have a breakthru in Pismo though... Actually there were two of them.  The first one was Rowan slept in her own bed, all by herself.  In our room there were 2 Queen beds and she actually slept in her own.  We didn't have a problem either night putting her to bed in there.  It was actually great not having her in bed... Sad to say, but it makes it a littlebit more comfortable for me ;)  So, last night, we actually got her to sleep in her own bed at home with little problems!!  She did fuss a little bit, but we just kept focusing on the fact that she is a Big Girl and what not and she seemed to understand.  She didn't make it the whole night in her room, waking up around 230am, but hey, it is a start.  I think with some work, she'll be sleeping through the night by Christmas.  I just have to be strong (because it breaks my heart hearing her cry and what not)...

Another breakthru was with the Hubby!!  He actually talked to me about names and I think we actually decided on one (for now that is, lol)... I believe our Little Man is going to be named Zachary Justice.  I want it to be Zachary Justice Matthew, but the hubby is against having his middle name in there for some reason.  I guess I have about 15 weeks to get him to relent and let me put that Matthew in there.  But for now, his name will be Zachary Justice.  ::awwww::

Anywho...

Other than Pismo our weekend was pretty quiet.  I seem to be getting larger and larger each day.  I will definetly have to post some new belly pics pretty soon.  As of now, I'm 24 weeks and 2 days.  Only about 14-15 weeks left... How exciting!!  We decided after Christmas that we will start working on his room.  We don't want to go and start a project before the Holidays... That would be too hectic if you ask me. 

Speaking of Christmas... only 39 days until Christmas Eve!!

We still have so much shopping to do.  I've actually only bought, like, um, 3 gitfs!!  How sad is that... I better get going on that shopping.  But it is so hard to do with out some help.  I guess I'll be having to drag the hubby along one day and do some mad-major shopping.

Well, I've been rambling enough for now... I'll definelty try to get some pictures from this weekend up soon.  But until then... I hope everyone has a great Monday.

HUGS TO ALL....

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could always get the DVD player that straps onto the back of the headrest in the car.  Glad you had a good time on your trip.  Thanks for the reminder on how close Christmas is...I was trying not to think about it...lol  I haven't bought anything yet.

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

wow! you had a packed weekend, but it sounded like loads of fun! I love the name!!! very cool!

hugs,
Kath

Anonymous said...

Glad your weekend turned out great and that Rowan surprised you both and made you proud!!  And, MISSY, no more counting down the days until Christmas OR until Christmas Eve!  UGGGHHHHHH!  Just kidding, it's your journal, you do what you want to, but man, I wish it would just go away already!!!  Can't wait to see the pics from this weekend!!!!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great weekend!  How old is little Rowan?  Love that name, by the way.  Congrats on getting her in her own bed!  We were lucky with Parker...he's always slept in his own bed.  One less thing to deal with, I guess.  

I'm so excited for you and your pregnancy!  Isn't it great?  I'm having my planned C-section in the morning...I'm a little nervous. But, I'm hopeful that all will go well.  Check out my journal tomorrow night...Doug promised to update for me with all the vital information and possibly even put a picture of Autumn in.  Woot!  

The name Zachary Justice is great.  I especially love the Justice part...I've always loved names you don't hear too often.  

Take care of yourself and baby!

Love,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!

When I was a kid, my parents got a big van for all of us, and decided to splurge on the TV/VCR deal for the back. I'm telling you, it was well worth it!!!  Pop a tape in the VCR, and a two hour drive someplace went by in NO time!!

Kasey

http://journals.aol.com/ikoiko33/TheReturnofKaseypalooza

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend!! I think the name Zachary Justice Is just too cute and I like Zachary Justice Matthew even more (carly has 2 middle names too).
Hugs,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know that now they can put DVD players in the head rest of your car!! How cool is that!!

Jackie