Thursday, November 11, 2004

Veterans Day and Some Updates...

Today is Veterans day and I just wanted to thank all who has served and done their duty for our country... Past and Present.

I've grown up all my life hearing stories of war and military life.  My Grandfather (now 87 years old) served in both WWII and in the Korean War flying B-24 Liberators He was part of the 781st Bomb Sqd Crew, with the plane called the P.O.'d Indian.  This is the picture that was on the side of his airplane.  He has had many adventures and tons of history behind him... I respect him (and all other veterans) for everything he did to help our future. 

Thank You Lt. Col. Benjamin Donahue...  I'll love you and thank you for forever!

 Not a great pic... But my grandfather is on the left hand side in the back row...

Anywho...

Yesterday seemed to stay an Icky Wednesday pretty much the whole day.  The weather didn't change and my mood really didn't either... I know, I know.  But I did go home and try to get out of my 'dark mood' (as my mother likes to call them)... It didn't happen and I basically went to bed around 730pm to make sure I didn't say or do anything to be a royal "witch" to either the Hubby or Rowan.

But on a Brighter Note:  I'm feeling VERY HAPPY today... no "Dark Mood" here... All smiles and sunshine... Even if it is raining outside :D

Tomorrow we are heading to Pismo Beach (CA) for our family vacation.  I can't wait.  I'm only worried about it being a long drive for Miss Rowan (and mybladder... lol).  She tends to get bored and what not... Luckily we are driving with my in-laws who have a vehicle that is higher off the ground than my PT Cruiser.  That way she can look out the window and have some great stuff to watch for... Usually Cows... Haha.  I'm guess the trip is going to take us about 5 hours with stop for lunch in there (and maybe a few pee-pee stops).  But I'm thinking it will be all worth it!  Even if it will be raining on Saturday.  ::crossing fingers for the littlest rain as possible::

It looks like we will be taking back Kesy, the dog that the Hubby brought down from the training facility.  Sad, I know... But we aren't able to give her the attention that she needs now and it isn't fair to her.  So hopefully, she'll be able to go to a wonderful family who will be able to give her more than we can at the moment.  She is still such a puppy... Plus, her and our Lola dog are still having issues about who is the dominant female.  In our eyes, it is Lola... But that doesn't always mean they understand that.  I'm a little sad about having to give her back, but I didn't get attatched for a reason... Still, I'll miss her cute little black face and her annoying bark... LOL.

Speaking of Lola.  That darn mutt (not really a mutt, pure Rottie she is) woke us up this morning throwing up!!  We have no idea what she got into, besides the cat litter box... YUCKY... to make her throw up as much as she was.  We sent her outside (poor baby, it was raining) and she finally stopped... But it worries me because we have no clue why she was... Hmm...

 Poor Lola Dog....

We are going to go to Target tonight (no gym again because of Ro's HFMD) to pick up our niece a birthday present since we are celebrating it this weekend in Pismo.  She is turning 9!!!  I've only known her going-on 4 years and she is the sweetest little girl and I can't believe how much she has changed in these 4 years!!  Her sister got a portable CD/Radio player for her birthday 2 weeks ago and that is all she has been talking about... So, That is what we will be getting her.  I'm thinking she is going to enjoy it.  Plus, that means the girls won't be fitting over her sisters!!

Well, I've been putting off working for a while now... Guess I better just get to it!  I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and a GREAT weekend.  I'll definetly be posting on Sunday/Monday when we get back... I'll have plenty of pics too, so don't worry :D

HUGS TO ALL....

 

 

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better!  I hope doggy is ok....  HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and wonderful time on vacation!! Sending out lots of blessings and prayers to your grandfather and those soldiers who have fought to keep us safe and free...i thank them all from the bottom of my heart ;-)
Hugs,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your weekend getaway!!!  Hope your dogs just got a touch of something.

~Heather~

Anonymous said...

I am sure the car ride will go just fine.  We, as parents, just worry ourselves sick over it until the ride actually comes and then it's no biggie.  I hope you have a great time this weekend!  ROAD TRIP!  Hee-hee!!  Hope your doggie is feeling all better now.  Sorry to hear about Kesy, but you did the right thing in sending her back to go to a home that would be able to provide that attention she needs.  I will miss you, but most of all, HAVE FUN!!!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have fun girl!!!

Take care and be safe, barbie~

Anonymous said...

great entry for veteren's day. i hope that you have a good vacation and that lola feels better soon!

hugs,
kathi

ps..why do dogs get in the liter box?? lexy does it too....yuck

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!!! :-)
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

What is it with dogs and the litter box?? Mine do the same thing, and usually have the telltale sign of litter on thier noses ... eeeeeewwwww!!!


Kasey

http://journals.aol.com/ikoiko33/TheReturnofKaseypalooza

Anonymous said...

hEY, THANKS for visiting my journal...:)...Best of luck on your vacation, and having give the dog back..(((HUGS)))

Jackie