Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Counting Down... Its Wednesday...

In honor of my friends wedding, this entry will be done in Burgandy/Berry... What ever you wish to call it!

So, this is my second go at writing this entry today.  If I can't succeed this time, I'm just going to give up!

Okay, so the wedding is in 3 days... 2 if you don't count the day of the wedding itself.  It seems like the closer we get to the wedding, the more crazy it gets and the more hurdles that need to be jumped.  Like my friends Cousin, who lives in Reno, and is now stuck up there because "the roads are closed"... Sucka-ah.  And tomorrow is the wedding rehearsal and dinner... Grrreat.

Today I had my final dress fitting.  I didn't even try the dress on at the bridal shop.  I didn't have the bra's that I had ordered from Victoria's Secret... So, I just picked up the dresses (mine and Ro's) and headed home.  Can you imagine that my bra's (yes, I ordered two different kinds just in case) were here on my door step when I got home?  Go figure.  So, I opened up the package and tried on the bra that I thought would go the best... And guess what?  I did!!  Woo Hoo.  Now I don't have to take the dress back and have anything else changed.

But I do have to go back tomorrow and pick my shoes up... Bummer...

Speaking of tomorrow, it will be a Crazy day!  I have to pick up my shoes, go buy the Princess some tights (white for tomorrow night, black for Saturday), go get my eyebrows waxed (ouchie! first time!!), and then be at the wedding place by 4pm for rehearsal.  Whew.  I hope I can get it all done...

Oh yeah.  I still haven't picked up a wedding present yet.  How horrible am I?  I'm planning on doing that Friday though.  Hopefully I won't be too busy!  Hmm...

On to another subject...

I've been getting some comments about what we are planning on naming our Little Man.  Right now, I really don't know.  We are leaning towards naming him after my Hubby... But it is still up in the air.  Wow, as I wrote that out, I realized that I haven't ever mentioned what my Hubby's name is in my journal.  How bizarre.  Okay, so there is a first for everything.  If we do decided to name him after my Hubby, our Little Man's name will be Derek Matthew.  I really love the name and it just feels right thinking about calling our son that too.  I'm sure my Hubby would love to have his son named after him... But like I said, it is still up in the air... We still have about 17 weeks left!!

Hmm, its weird.  I think the Little Man can sense when I'm talking or thinking about him.  He always gives me little kicks or taps when I am... So interesting.

Well, I know its a short entry, but I don't want to loose it again... Plus, I have laundry to do (we all know how much I love to do that) and I have to clean up the kitchen because we made a big ol lunch... Yummy Tacos!

I hope all have a great evening... HUGS TO ALL....

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) and a big kiss to you!

Woo Hoo too, on the bra and excellent fit. god speed to a happy wedding! you're right Derek Matthew is a beautiful name. maybe you can add a third name of his own. perhaps Derek Matthew Michael...it kinda slips off the tongue, dontcha think? say it and see what "he" thinks *wink*

Good Luck and Best Wishes to the Bride and Groom, barbie~

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby!!!!!!  And thanks for coming by my journal.  I wish the bride and groom a happy life together.  I remember how hectic the day of my wedding was so I hope theirs is a little slower.  And have a wonderful day.

~Lill~

Anonymous said...

I hope the wedding goes well

I LOVE the name. So sweet naming him after your husband. I wanted to do that with my first son, and call him DJ. (My hubby's name starts with D too..).But he hates his name and wouldn't let me. Darn

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the bra worked out and I know you are gonna have a great time at the wedding!

hugs,
Kathi