Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Step Away From The Belly Ma'ma

::Stepping Onto Soap Box::

I'm really suprised that people still come up to pregnant woman and actually reach out and touch their belly's with out asking...

Really people... If you want to touch it... Just ask.  Don't reach out and touch.  That isn't your stomach.  It is someone elses. 

I know some women don't have a problem with it... But I do.  And I've already had too many people (besides family and friends, whom I don't mind touching) reach out and touch my ever-growing belly.  Ugh. 

Okay, I'm doing ranting and raving.... If I've offended anyone, sorry.

::Stepping Off the Soap Box::

Hope all have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO ARE LIKE THAT, IT IS JUST HUMAN INSTINCT THOUGH I THINK TO REACH OUT AND TOUCH IT....LOL

HUGS,
KATHI

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I always ask. But it's has to be someone I know. I would never ask a stranger if I could touch her belly.

Hugs,
heather

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I think I am one of "those people"!  I can't help it!  I just need to feel that "life" growing inside of someone, it's almost like I can't control the reaching out to touch the baby (I get readings from people and so touching their baby in womb is almost an instinct to me).  I, of course, wouldn't do it to someone in a grocery store that I didn't know at all, but I am guilty of doing it to someone that I just started talking to.  I am a bad, bad girl!  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough, I never had anyone try to touch my belly when I was pregnant.  Maybe that's because I put up a force shield of "this is my personal space" about me - it's very intimidating, I assure you.  The next time someone touches your belly, you should reach out and touch their hair.  Just for the heck of it.  ROFL!!  :P

Anonymous said...

OMG! You have every reason to rant and rave about this! It used to drive me crazy! The gull of a complete stranger reaching out to touch my precious cargo....i've even smacked a few approaching hands away!

HUGS,
~Angel