Monday, October 11, 2004

Weekend Update

The weekend is finally over... Thank Goodness.

So let me update you on the weekend.  Lets begin with Saturday, shall we?

Saturday was the bachelorette party... A very uneventful one, at that.  We were supposed to have a stripper, right?  Well, that didn't happen.  The stripper was supposed to be at my house at 7pm.  So, 710 rolled around, 730, then 745 and then finally 810 came and we decided to call the 'company' that was supposed to provide the stripper.  Yeah, well, basically, the girl on the phone was a totally "witch" (please replace the W with a B and that will make more sense).  Great customer service huh?  So, in the end, we had no stripper... But all was good because it saved me $100 and just allowed us to have some girl time.  Which can be as good as anything.

Speaking of Customer Service... I stopped by Starbucks on Saturday, because I was suffering from a terribly bad caffine headache... Well, do you remember when I said their prices were going  up?  Well, they did.  What I wanted was $3.30 according to the sign.  But when I got up to the window, the girl requested $3.45.  I told her, that the sign said only $3.30 and she responds with, "Well, mine says $3.45... That will be $3.45 thank you."  OMG!!  Mind you, I worked in retail at a grocery store... If we had something priced wrong or an add that said it was a certain price, we HAD to give it to the customer for that price!!!  I was totally floored when the girl expected me to pay my $3.45.  In the end, I did pay it... But I made sure that the girl knew she was completely rude and that I didn't appreciate her customer service... Ugh.

(BTW... Gas Prices are up again... Anywhere from $2.19-$2.31!!!)

Sunday was a really nice day.  The weather was great and we spent the day as a family.  The hubby, Rowan, my mom, dad and I all went up to Davis to visit my brother and his girlfriend to watch the 49ers play.  It was nice to do something different and actually go there instead of my brother always having to drive down here to us.  Oh yes, BTW, the 49ers won in overtime... WOO HOO.  I'll be a 49er fan until the day I die... No matter how much they stink ;)

We had some really great yummys... My hubby, the great chef, made his famous Fried Rice (which includes linguica, bacon, ham, eggs and shrimp) and an artichoke dip.  My mom and brother BBQ'd hamburgers and my mom made homemade Potato Salad.  Unfortunetly, I was unable to eat the hamburger... Just something about it was making me sick... I guess it is one of those food adversions that people talk about.  Bummer.

Oh.  I gave in, ya'll.  I finally sent my hubby on a "Craving Run"... Because I hadn't eaten much during the day, I was straving when 730pm rolled around.  I desparetly wanted Jack in the Box tacos too... So, I broke down and asked the hubby to run and get me some... What a great hubby his is too!  Thanks Babe!!

Well, I suppose I've rambled enough now.  And because it is Monday, I have plenty to do... I hope all had a great weekend!  TTFN

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, no stripper? Darn, I was lookn forward to the pics! I am glad that you had a good weekend!!!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Dang man no stripper... I was waiting to hear about your wild night.. lol...lol.. oh well glad you guys had at least some girl time.. some times thats the best instead of all the extras.... As far as Starbucks goes.... CALL THE MANAGER>>> the store owner whoever... they WILL DO something for you.. I didnt realize their prices were going up until you mentioned it in your journal some time ago.. and I went there and same situation that happened to you but they honored the price difference and gave me a free brownie for their mistake.. but the sign was fixed next time I went in.. bummer.. lol.. glad miss rowan and hubby are doing good.. take care and talk to you soon....

catie
http://journals.aol.com/chcgogurl25/MyLife/

Anonymous said...

Oh, I was hoping to see the stripper pix!  Oh well, at least you saved alot of money which can promptly go towards Starbucks and Gas!  LOL ;-)
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl  

Anonymous said...

What is it with the prices of everything going up?? Yet I don't seem to be making anymore money...strange.

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have to get those "Craving Runs" in NOW because they won't happen until you are pregnant again (if you will be that is)!  I made my hubby go to get me a brownie sundae with mint chocolate chip ice cream, extra hot fudge and salted peanuts every single night for my entire pregnancy with Matthew!!  And, he did it and didn't complain once!  Hee-hee!  The way I look at it is they got us this way right?!  :)  Sorry to hear about the stripper not showing up, that deserves a nasty letter sent to their company that's for sure!  And, aren't all servers at Starbucks rude anyway?  I thought so!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm not sure where you live, but that is ridiculously high priced for gas and coffee! Gas here in FL is about $1.70 and there aren't any Starbucks around where I live, which really makes me miss CA, where there are millions of coffee shops! And there are no Jack in the Box here, which sucks too. People in FL seem to only eat seafood, and I hate fish, so I am eager to get out of here! Hope you're doing well. Take care....Brit