Monday, October 4, 2004

What a Great Weekend!

Wow.  This weekend was great.  It went by quickly, but it sure was a good time.

Saturday we went to the A's vs Angels game in Oakland.  We were originally going to take BART (kinda like a train) from Dublin to Oakland... But because I was such an airhead when we dropped Rowan off at her Aunt's house, I forgot to leave the carseat!... So, we had to drive all the way from my parents house back to her house, about a 10 minute drive, then head on our way to Oakland!  Luckily, that little detour didn't do much damage.  We got to the game 25 minutes before it started and got to our seats in time for the first pitch.

It was kinda a bummer deal though... They lost by 1 run in the 9th inning.  It was a lot of fun though.  I haven't been to a game since the late 80's early 90's!!  It is definetly something that we will have to do again!

Miss Rowan had a great time at her Aunt's/Cousin's.  They even took her to see the new movie "Shark Tales"... But she feel asleep right in the begining and slept all the way through the movie!  Poor Baby.  I guess she was expecting "Spiderman" and was dissapointed!  At least they didn't have to pay for her to get in!

Sunday we celebrated my Hubby's 24th birthday!  I had been so busy that I didn't get to purchase him his presents until yesterday!  LOL.  I went to a new store, Beverages and More, and purchased him some new beer glasses (pilsners).  I got him 6 total... 2 Guiness, 2 Tecate, and 2 Dos XX's, and a 6 pack of Guiness beer.  Then I went to Target and got him a Gift Card, enough for him to get another video game that he wants.  Such a boy.  He seemed to enjoy his day.  And he had a cute cute cake!  I was originally going to get him a football shaped cake (because that was the theme), but I ended up getting a cake with a football set, including a football field and mini-players!  I'll have to post a picture when my home computer is up and running!

We had sooo much food though.  We had hot wings, spinach dip, articoke dip on french bread, a HUGE bean dip, meatballs, stuffed shells and two large pizzas.  Yeah, we had too much food.  Can you guess what I'll be having for lunch today???  Haha.

What a weekend... whew.  Happy Birthday Honey!

Well, since it is Monday, I suppose I should start payroll and get the rest of my work done.  I hope all had a great weekend and it passes over into your week!  TTFN

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great time ;-)  
It's been a very long time since i've been to a ball game!
Happy Birthday to Hubby! Sounds like he had a really good birthday! The food alone would have been enough for me, lol. Meatballs and stuffed shells...YUMMY!
You have a great monday/week too ;-)
Hugs To You,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!!

hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

WOW!  Sounds like a wonderful weekend!  Time to spend with your hubby and great food.  Not bad at all!  Happy Birthday Jennifer's Hubby!!!!
Hugs and love, Lisa