Wednesday, October 6, 2004

What is Going On??

So, can anyone tell me what is going on with the prices of EVERYTHING going up lately??  What is going on here?

First, gas prices have gone up... AGAIN.  I swear, yesterday morning, I drove by AM/PM and the unleaded was $2.10... This morning it was $2.15!!  What the heezy?  Every morning, while I drive to work I listen to this talk radio show and the lead lady said something that made me really think, she was being funny, but I swear, it could happen.  Her comment had been something to the fact that the gas prices had gone up since the storms in Florida... And that she thinks that there is a room somewhere filled with men who think of any reason to raise the prices of gas!  I was laughing so hard when I heard this, but hey, it could happen...

Then yesterday, as I was getting my Starbucks coffee, I found out that their prices are raising $.10 today.  What the heck?  I'm not a big regular coffee drinker, but I like the cheesy, foo-foo type... Like the Carmel Mochiato's (sp?)... So now, instead of paying $3.20 for a Grande, we'll be paying $3.30 or something like that!  Goodness... I don't know if I'm going to be able to have my 'coffee'... Too expensive! Haha.

Anyway, I'm going to stop complaining now...

Yesterday, I was having a problem deciding what I was going to make for dinner... Well, I finally figured it out.  I decided to make encilladas.  So, I made Chicken ones with flour tortillas and green sauce and then cheese ones with corn tortillas and red sauce.  Unfortunetly, my stupid corn tortillas decided that each and everyone of them were going to rip... And I don't like frying them before... So, instead of rolled up encilladas, I made an encillada pie.  Haha.  It was a layer of tortillas, then cheese, then tortillas and so on.  It turned out very good too.  Wasn't very pretty, but it was good.  I also made beans (from the can...lol) with cheese and then had tomatos and sour cream for the sides... Yummy, I can't wait for lunch!

Did anyone watch "One Tree Hill" last night?  Whew.  My friend and I were on the edge of our seats, waiting to find out who was in the bedroom when Nathan went in there!  Geeze, it was a good episode... Lol.  I'm socheesy :)

Oh, it is getting chilly here!  Yippee.  I can't wait for winter to come.  Poor Miss Rowan doesn't have any clothes from last winter that fit her... She grew so much in height that all of her old pants are too short!  I swear, they are high-waters on her.  So, she is making it by right now in the chilly mornings with PJ pants, 2 pairs of sweats, 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of overalls.  I figured she needed more, so yesterday I headed over to OldNavy.com and got her some more clothes... They have the cutest stuff!  In a few days she'll have 2 new pairs of jeans, a new pair of overalls and 2 pairs of cute sweat outfits.  Ah, she'll look too cute!  I also bought some shirts for the hubby and some shirts for me!  I won't buy anymore of their maternity pants, they fit funny... So it was just shirts.

My mom and I are going to go to Motherhood on Friday before our hair appt and look for some jeans and maybe a dress (for the rehearsal dinner)... I need some clothes... My belly is getting big and wearing regular jeans isn't working.

Oh, my friends mom won't allow to help pay for the rehearsal dinner... Oh well, I tried.  I guess I'm going to have to get a great wedding present now instead :)  Countdown to wedding... 17 days...

Speaking of countdowns... only 80 days until Christmas!!!  Woo Hoo.

Well, I gotta go now... Hope all have a nice "Hump Day" as Lisa would say... TTFN

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man,  I thought gas was high here. (1.87/gallon) I guess I will quit complaning.

Have a great night!
~Heather

Anonymous said...

I think our gas is still under $2/gallon, so I'll stop complaining for sure!  Oh No, so soon for Christmas?! I better get shopping!   I don't drink Starbucks coffee, but I've heard how expensive it is!  sheesh!  Too bad you don't live closer to me, I have tons of clothes Annalise outgrew that are so cute!  

~JerseyGirl

Anonymous said...

omg.....80 days? i am soooooo behind. every entry you do makes me hungary!!!!!
lol. i love old navy, its my favorite place to shop!
hugs,
kathi

Anonymous said...

I used to love shopping at "Motherhood"!!!  They had the best clothes, even though they were a bit expensive.  I wanted cool, yet funky, but not lookin' like a pregnant person type clothes.  I am sure you know what I mean!  I can't say I miss wearing maternity pants though.  I never did get myself to buy a pair of those maternity jeans with the snaps or the buttons.  I opted to just wear the drawstring pants under the belly most of the time.  I hear ya' about prices going up so high!  We need to fill our oil tank and will need to refinance the house to do so!!  UGGHHHH!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I thought our gas was high at $1.89. Paula