Friday, October 15, 2004

Friday Ramblings on Laundry and other Great Stuff...

Thankfully, I'm not a Stay At Home Mother... I'd make a rather horrible housewife/SAHM.  Really, I would.

I hate laundry.  Its not the whole putting the clothes in the washer and dryer stuff that I hate; I hate, I hate, I hate folding and hanging up the laundry.  I swear, I rather clean toliets and tubs than fold laundry.  In fact, when the hubby and I have whole house cleaning days, you can find me cleaning the toliets, sinks and tubs and find him with all the laundry.

Not only do I hate to fold it, I hate to put it away... Man, am I awful or what?  I swear, one of these days, I'm going to go into all of our dresser drawers and take everything we never wear anymore (I had T-Shirts from Highschool still that I don't wear, him too) and throw it all away to make putting the laundry away easier!

So, can anyone guess what I've been doing on my first day of vacation??  ::ding ding ding:: If you have answered Laundry, you win the prize... (Now get over here and help me)... Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I've been doing loads of laundry since 830am until now... I can't believe that 3 people make so much laundry appear.  It is kinda weird.  And its not like I put it off until the end of the week to do it... I do about 3-5 loads a week... And then on Friday and my weekends I do about another 10!!!  What the heeze?

So my day today has been about doing the loads and actually folding them... Yes, thats right, I'm folding the laundry.  Muahhahaha.  But get this, the only laundry that I'm willing to put away is the towels.  I'm waiting for Hubby to get home from SWAT training to help me do the rest... Muahhahaha.  Am I a horrible wife or what???  Hehee.

Okay, so not only can I not do laundry, I can't seem to get the Princess (not sure if this is the right word to describe her today) to take her nap!  We have been up since 730 this morning (yeah, no sleeping in...waaa) and she has yet to have a nap at 250pm!!  I know she is tired, because she is acting like a brat.  It isn't like I haven't tried to put her down either... I've even sat with her to try to get her to go down.  I've played movies, put her in her bed (something she hates!), sat with her on the couch, gave her a bath, fed her, gave her milk, and still no nap.  I'm almost ready to say screw it because if it gets any later, she'll sleep right through dinner and won't go to sleep tonight.  Augh.  One more thing to put on the "Mommy Can't Do List"... ::sigh::

Man, am I complaining today or what??  Geeze.  Not what I'm wanting to do.  I just wanna lay on the couch and eat Sour Cream and Cheddar Chips dipped in Sour Cream... (doesn't that sound healthy??)  But the house work will not get done if I do that... And I'm sure I'll be gaining weight in no time with that too!  Haha.

I know what I am going to do tomorrow though.  I'm going to take me a little trip to the mall, by myself (thanks to the hubby being home)... I'm going to buy me some new maternity jeans and a special bra from Victoria's Secret (if I can find it) and enjoy some alone time... Then I'm going to go home and hang out with my family until it is time for the hubby to go do his Special Gang Detail garbage... Blah!  So much for having a night at home together...

Not complaining here though... His check this week was VERY nice... lol

Oh yes, I know I've mentioned that we go on Monday for our Ultra Sound.  We are supposed to find out what it is... But the hubby has this plan that he wants to keep the sex of the baby a secret from our Family until Thanksgiving.  So, if we do find out what it is on Monday, I'm not going to be able to post it, because I have family and friends who read my blog.  So, if anyone is interested, just email me and I'll let you know, because I know there is no way it will get back to my family like that ;)

Oh and another reminder... Don't forget to play "Get the Picture".  I'm already getting some really funny captions for the pic and I'm going to pick Sunday... So, you still have some play time left.

Alright.  I've gotta go start another load of wonderful laundry.  I do hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!  Hugs to All.  TTFN

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate laundry too. I really hate folding laundry. I will be emailing you b/c I can't wait about the baby!!

hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way about laundry.  And now that we have a new baby in the house, that's one extra load for me to do.  ugh!  LOL  But at least your husband is willing to help out....that must be nice  :o)
Kyla

Anonymous said...

I hate laundry as well ... working at The Gap for a year completely turned me off to laundry.


Kasey

http://journals.aol.com/ikoiko33/TheReturnofKaseypalooza

Anonymous said...

Laundry, UGGGHHH!  I do about 2 loads every day but on the weekends I all of a sudden have 10 loads to do!  What's up with that?!  I know there are 5 people in this house, but hey, enough already!  I say go naked, yeah!  Hee-hee!  I will definately be writing to you on Monday to find out the sex of that little munchkin, because I am not good at waiting!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I have been a SAHM..and I deal better when I work. Even if it's only one day a week. I don't know why. Laundry is the thing I hate the most too. But my trick to putting them away (the thing I hate the most) is to put each load away. Sure your putting laundry away every hour, but it does seem to help.

Hugs,
heather