Friday, October 1, 2004

Checking In

I'm just checking in.  Our computer at home has been having problems with AOL so, I'm having to go through AOL.com to read all my mail and I guess, as of now, completing a journal entry.

Today has been a great day.  I didn't get to sleep in as I usually like to do on my Friday mornings, but all is good, because I did get an afternoon nap with Rowan...awww...

The hubby had a dog demo this morning at a local school, so he was up early and out of the house by 745am.  Miss Rowan decided to get up at 830am.  We watched her shows (Disney Channel stuff) and then got ready to go to an early lunch with the hubby/daddy.

Before our lunch, we decided to go to Costco and get The Princess her bike (Christmas gift).  Luckily we did go today.  There was only one pallet of bikes left (a whole 10-15 of them) and none of them were put together.  That was okay though, she didn't really notice what we put in the cart, because she didn't catch the side of the box with the bike on it.  We just told her the box was for her cousin and she totally ignored it.  Haha.  We then grabbed her a Disney Princess helmet and knee/elbow pads and bike bell.  Again, this was for her 'cousin'.  She did walk away from Costco with something she could actually play with.  A large plush 'Spidyman'... Too cute.

We actually made it out of Costco under $200!! WOO HOO.  And with 3 Christmas gifts (2 for Ro, 1 for my niece) and some groceries.  Good deal if you ask me.

Then it was off to lunch.  We went to the local Mexican resturant that the hubby adores.  Of course Miss Rowan didn't want to eat her lunch, but she did want to eat all of the chips and my lunch instead.  Oh well.  I guess when she wants to eat, she'll tell someone.

When we got home, it was time for a nap... Woo Hoo.  I just gotta get a nap in when I can.  I'm so worn out lately... I can't seem to catch up on my sleep.  I've been having a lot of pain in my hips and lower back lately (according to my doctor, I might have a pinched nerve) and sleeping is something that is being effected by it.  I toss and turn and can't stay on one side for very long.  Bummer deal.

Well, we just got home from dinner... We went to the local pizza joint with a friend and her fiance.  I just had salad, and again, Rowan didn't want to eat.  I'm waiting for her to ask for a PB&J sandwich.  It will happen in about 20 minutes I'm guessing.

We are off to an Oakland A's game tomorrow.  My mom and dad are treating the hubby and me to a game.  Rowan will be at her Aunties with her cousins.  Luckily, the game is at 1pm instead of the original 615pm that it had been scheduled at.  She'll still be there for most of the day (1030am-7pm)... I just hope it turns out okay in the end.  You never know with a an almost 3 year old.  I guess they are going to see that new movie "Shark Tales".  She'll enjoy that.

Okay, I'm off to do laundry.  Gotta make sure the hubby and I have clothes for tomorrow.  It is supposed to be about 70 degrees with the Bay Area cloud cover... Nice...

TTFN and hope all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend and have fun at that game!  woohoo!

~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good day! I hate when AOL messes up...right now, I am having trouble when someone IM's me, it makes whatever I am doing freeze up for about 30 seconds.
Hugs,
Kathi