Sunday, August 28, 2005

~Biting Off Laura's Style~

Yep, I'm biting off Laura's style.  I saw that she was so excited about a weekend away with just her and her husband, that I thought I'd go and see about booking a weekend away... Just for Derek and I.

I'm also biting off where she had planned to go with Bill- her husband- but couldn't get reservations for.  I was lucky enough to pick a weekend that they weren't having any weddings or conferences... Sorry Laura, but I'm sure you and Bill had a great time in Old Sacramento this weekend!

So, the 16th of September, Derek and I will be off to Wine and Roses in Lodi, Ca.  I'm really excited.  Not only is it reasonably priced, but they have a Spa and Resturant on site!  I haven't booked anything in the spa yet, because they don't do Couple Massages... But I'm sure Derek and I both will be willing to go into our own little rooms and have a 60 minute massage.  I am just going to have to clarify with him before I book.

We will also be having dinner in their resturant on Friday night.  I'm excited because it looks totally Yummy!  If you go to their website, check out their menu.  Mmm Mmm.  I'm sure it will be a pretty nice bill ($) but who cares... I can't remember the last time that Derek and I went away for the weekend!!

Thanks Mom and Dad for giving us this chance!

Now we'll be having Two Great Weekends in September!!  First a weekend at a pretty B & B, just the two of us alone... Then the weekend after that the whole Clan (Derek's family) will be heading down to Pismo for the weekend!!! 

When we go that weekend, we'll be staying (sharing two bedroom suites) at the Pismo Lighthouse Suites.  It is such a pretty place.  In walking distance to the beach and all the great resturants.  And I can't wait for Zach to experience the beach for the first time!  I'm sure I'll come back with plenty of pictures to share with you all!

Oh goodness, is it September yet???  Just a few more days, really!!!

I'm so excited... Yippee!

Just thought I'd share this with you all.  Hope you all have a great Sunday!!

::Toodles::
~Pickles~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow~Sounds awesome!

I like the idea of the parents getting away for a weekend.  I'd settle for one night  ;)

Hope all goes as planned and Zach loves the ocean!

Cat

Anonymous said...

Yay!!  We need a weekend getaway really soon.  It's been a busy summer with my small business so I couldn't go but we hope to soon.  Hope you two have a wonderful time.  Zach is gonna love the beach!!  My kids love to play in the sand all day and I slather them with sunscreen and they cover me with sand.  Have a wonderful weekend and get lots of pics!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what a little time away together can do for your relationship.  If Doug and I could afford it, we'd be doing the same thing.  

Cherish every moment!

Love,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

It sounds great! September is going to be a great month for you.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

We never truly appreciate Mom and Dad, right?

OK, I'm booking some perfect weather for you right now, ok? ENJOY you guys!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

ALL RIGHT YOU GO GIRL. MY HUSBAND WAS KILLED IN AUTO ACCIDENT AND YOU KNOW WHAT MEANS THE MOST TO ME NOW THAT HE IS GONE? I WAS WITH HIM 30YRS. IT IS WITHOUT ANY DOUBT THE TIME THAT WE SPENT TOGETHER. ALL THE OTHER STUFF DOESN'T MEAN A THING WHEN IT'S ALL OVER AND ONE IS LEFT. GO HAVE A GREAT MONTH. I'M STARTING MY FIRST VACATION IN A YR. TONIGHT AND MY FIRST WEEK OF SEPT IS GOING TO WONDERFUL AND DID I MENTION I TURN 54 THURSDAY. I FEELWONDERFUL MY HONEY AND I HAVE A WHOLE WEEK TO PLAY ALSO . LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT . WE WILL BE ON A RANCH WITH LOTS OF ANIMALS OF ALL KINDS HORSES, GOATS, PEACOCKS, CHICKENS, DEER, 1 PIG, DOGS AND DUCKS, GINNIES NERVER A DULL MOMENT.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a GREAT plan!!!  I'm working on one of these when we get back to Nebraska and finally have family around to babysit...lol

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

sounds fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm soooooo jealous right now I could spit! lol  I live for time away with DH....coming into our relationship with the yours and mine thing going on we didn;t get to spend a lot of time together alone...then adding to of our own to the mix, sealed the fact that is was going to be a long long tie before it was just us....now it's 2 out of the nest and 2 more to go (only 13 & 14 now) but hey a girl can dream can't she?? lol