Saturday, August 13, 2005

~Road Trip~

Oh goodness.  Such a busy day.  My brain is overloaded with things to tell you all!   Today, we went to Old Sacramento and bummed around for a while.  My brother and his girlfriend Amy, also came down from UC Davis, to spend the day with us.  

So, this morning, we left the house around 945am and headed up to Sacramento.  It was a smooth ride.  Rowan watched "Snow White" the whole way up there and never had to stop to use the potty.  Big plus there... It took us just an hour and twenty minutes to reach Sacramento and then another 10 to park and get down to Old Sac.  

I do have to tease you a bit and tell you that I do have pictures from today... A bunch or really cute ones.  But because I'm not going to load them up on my parent's laptop, I'll have to wait until Monday to post them.  Don't fret though, I will do it!  PROMISE.  

The first thing we did there was take a carriage ride.  Well, at least my mom, Rowan and I did.  It was so cute to watch Rowan waving at everyone and bouncing along to the clicky-clack of the horses hooves on the cobble stone.   

Truthfully, I think Rowan had the most fun out of us all today.  She got to explore the Discovery Museum and all other things.  She was a very good girl and ate well too!  Thanks Mom and Dad for lunch... and EVERYTHING else :)  

I did treat myself to some treats today though.  We stopped at a Chocolate store and I picked up a Carmel Apple, two chocolate covered carmel squares and a big square of English Toffee.  Oh yum yum.  I only have one piece of carmel left and the carmel apple.  Hehe.  I'm naughty naughty!  

We left Old Sacramento around 3pm.  We weren't there long, but it felt like a long day.  But unfortunately, the ride home wasn't as great as the ride up.  Poor Mr. Zachary started complaining as soon as we hit Stockton, which is 40 minutes from home!  Thankfully my Daddy is awesome and kept him pretty much occupied the whole way home.  

Miss Rowan also fell asleep watching "Finding Nemo".  I had my Mom take a picture of her... She looks too cute.  I can't wait to get the pictures up for you all!!  

Well, I just wanted to drop in and say "Hello" to you all and wish you all a great Sunday.  Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.  

 ::Many Smiles::
~Pickles~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day the little one is growing and what a cute cubby face..I want to kiss those cheeks lol
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

Well, things certainly improved in your neck of the woods since your last entry. How great is that?

That sounds like it was a great trip, and I'm glad you got to share it with all those folks, as well as us.

Guess we'll just be waiting for Monday!!!!!!!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like y'all had a splendid time!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Sleeping in till 10 and staying inside watching movies all day because it's 97 degrees before the humidity is factored in...yup I'm enjoying my weekend!


Can't wait for pics!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww.....

I'm so happy that you guys had a great time <clippidy-clop clicky-clank>. Enjoy every minute. Everything goes by in the blink of an eye. Faster yet is my hands on that carmel apple!! -did you get that for little 'ol me?? It's my favorite ya know *wink*

I hope the little man is feeling better today.

Big ((((HUGS)))) to all!

*kiss kiss*

Barbie @>------

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a really good day.
I can't wait to see the pictures when you post them TOMORROW!
lol
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful family day!!! It must be nice to have a family that actually loves you and wants to hang out with you for the day!  Can't wait to see the pictures!  Oh, and caramel apples with nuts on them are my ultimate FAVORITE!  YUMMY!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I want to just kiss those fat cheeks...so relaxed...taking it all in...I have an AnniVoicery present for you...it is my voice in a dedication to Jimmy, Stupidsheetguy, as he departs for the hospital...Never fear! When journals are down,
there are other things to do here!!! Can you join the AnniVoicery? For the 2nd Aol J-Land celebration, August 29, 2005
Go to keyword AOL BY PHONE....fill in the information...it is a 30 day free trial...Be sure to cancel before the 30th day so you will not be billed...Then dial 1 800 AOL 1234! How easy is that??? I did it! Hey ! Why don't you do a voice entry today while the New entry Alerts are messed up? I know Jimmy would love to hear your voice when he gets out of the hospital.
Do you want to hear my poem to Jim? Go here:
http://journals.aol.com/courtenaymphelan/DISCERNMENT/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun....especially Rowan.  I could have just seen her waving to everybody from the carriage ride...too cute!  Can't wait to see the pics!

Luv~Heather