Saturday, August 27, 2005

~Waiting~

I'm not waiting for anything important, just to let you know.  But I am waiting for some things.

First of all, I'm waiting for two new novels and two new audio books.

I finished "The Wedding" by Nicholas Sparks (Hey Lisa, there is the Author!!).  It was really good and I suprised myself by crying at the end.  I really don't cry all that much, but I did cry at this.  The book is really good and I just love how Sparks takes true-to-life emotions and happenings to make his books seem so real.  But you'd probably want to read "The Notebook" before you read "The Wedding" just so you know some background to the story.

I purchased Pamela Anderson's second book "Star Struck".  Her first one was good, raunchy, but good... And she says this one is even better.  I'm guessing she probably means more raunchy than her first :)  Oh well.  Its all good. 

I also ordered an Amy Tan book, her newest that is also a bio, called "The Opposite of Fate".  I think I've read all of her books, so I had to read this one.  Just so I can say that that I've read them all :)  I'm so silly.

Then I also ordered two audio books, well, just because I wanted to.  Actually, I have the two books that I got and have been wanting to read them, but I can't find one of them.  See, they go together.  I figured that because I have such a drive each day (total of 70+ miles), that having someone read them to me sounded nice.  Plus, I usually am reading more than one book at a time and this kills two birds with one stone.

The books on CD are by Anne Rice and they go in sequence.  One is "Blackwood Farms" and the other is "Blood Canticle".  They both have to do with Vampires and Witches.  So, you get two for one again.  lol.

I'm such a tard, I know...

I've also got some things coming from UPS on Monday too!!

I decided that because Derek spoiled himself with a Quad (that the jackass already crashed!!) that I was going to spoil myself with something I love too...

Another D & B, please :)  Yep, I know, I'm horrible.  But you know what, I think everyone has vices and mine is purses.  I don't spend money on alcohol or smokes... I spend my money on purses.  And I don't get them all the time either.  Me getting two in the last month is something that NEVER happens.  And it won't happen again either!!!  I'm pretty sure about that.

:::waiting:::

:::waiting:::

Is it night time yet?  I really want to go to bed, but I'm sure going to bed at 430 in the afternoon isn't what I should be doing.  hahaha.

Zach had a bad night again last night.  He woke me up screaming at the top of his lungs at midnight and wouldn't calm down for anything!  I swear, it took me a good 10 mins to calm him down and then finally get him to take a bottle.  After that he was out until 430 in the morning (his normal time to wake up).  I was lucky though.  I got him to take another bottle and go back to sleep until almost 8!!  Woo Hoo... Thats awesome.

So, needless to say, my Venti non-fat Vanilla Latte was my bestfriend today... lol. 

Well, the kids have woken from their naps.  They gave me a good two hours to myself... Thats always nice.  I better get a move on.  Rowan wants to bake a cake... Yum Yum ;) 

Have a great Saturday!
~Pickle~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, sleep deprivation is cause enough for a D&B bag...enjoy it and get one on me  :-D. that's not a bad vice for you to have, trust me!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

you go girl, a new purse is a good vice..and books are a joy that can be passed on to others.  You deserve as many as you can read..

Anonymous said...

You're a book nut like I am, although I must confess...
I've never read ANY of Anne Rice's books.  Terrible, isn't it?
I'm not entirely sure why...I like that genre...I've just never
taken the time.  I think it's because there are so many of them
and they go in sequence...it's just too overwhelming.  I wouldn't
even know where to begin!

And yes...D & B.  I love them too.  In fact, I came THIS CLOSE
to getting one back in June, but decided not to.  It was $260.  Doug
would have shot me.  <grin>

Love,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Have you ever read any of Janet Evanovich's books?
She has a series of Eleven now, all about the same
character, Stephanie Plum.  You would love them!
They are hilariously funny, and sexy too!
Connie

Anonymous said...

We need to work a deal girl.  Just send me all of your old purses.  Lol!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah a D&B would pacify me, too..lol! Purses are my vice too..
Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

I cant afford vices anymore. But purses are a good vice to have! Glad that book was good! I want it now. hehe
Tricia

Anonymous said...

Um, I can't say anything about the Scumela Pee book, because I read Howard Stern's Private Parts and loved it.  So enjoy!

Is the cake white on white?  If so, then please save me a piece.

Anonymous said...

Nothing is wrong with having nice purses!!
That was my line when I asked for a Louis Vuitton for christmas last year. I got it, and...
I have used it literally every single day since I got it!!
Whats a girl to do but look good?
Pam has a new book?
Ugh, I have so much stuff to read!
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Nothing is wrong with having purses!  I love them myself, although I haven't had one quite that expensive yet.
I want to read The Wedding...I wonder if they will make that into a movie too?
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I love purses too.  I wish I could say that was my only vice though...lol  

I will have to read The Wedding.  Meaning, within the next 5 years...lol  I'm so far behind on my books and everything else.  I am keeping a list of ones you mention though so I should have a whole spiral notebook full of them by the time I get to reading some...heehee

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh, love Amy Tan.
"The Bonesetter's Daughter" was very good.  I'm actually gonna start "The Joy Luck Club" soon.  :D
Anna

Anonymous said...

Sparks is such a romatic...his wife must have it made!

Lori
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal