Friday, August 12, 2005

~Lazy Dayz~

Boy.  It is such a lazy day, it isn't even funny.  I know I could be doing a million things, but the last thing I did was sit on the couch, watching a movie, while Mr. Zachary got a much needed nap in my arms!

I'm sure all you mother's (and Dad's, Jimmy) know what I'm talking about... How hard it is to get things done when you've got a VERY Cranky child on your hands.

Poor Zach.  He has a runny nose still.  His gums are still inflamed... Which you can only catch sight of when his fingers come out of his mouth, for those few seconds.  His appetite has even gone down.  Instead of his normal 6 ounces a each meal, he is eating just about 3-4. 

Of course, this bothers me.  One of his signs of SVT when he was sick was no appetite.  But, like the worry-wart mother that I am, I've taken his pulse just about 5 times today and each time, its been fine.

I'm going to say that his lack of appetite is due to the stuffy nose and it being hard to breath and eat at the same time.  That and the fact that he is now very easily distracted by things.  He'll quit eating and check everything out around him.  If you sit off by yourself and feed him, like I do in the wee-morning hours, he will down 5-6 ounces!

So, needless to say, when you have a child that doesn't like to be out of your sight or set down too often, it is very hard to get things done.

The only other thing I did do today was go and get my nails done this morning with Mom.  Goodness, did they need it!  We went the same wait (3 weeks) in between last time and this and my nails grew sooo much.  The gal did a really great job and cut them down a bit.  Boy, does that help on the typing.  Haha.

I did get some dragon flies and flowers painted on my big toes.  Let me tell you, this gal does great work.  All by hand too!  I can't believe it.  I'm going to have to take a picture of it and share it with you later... haha... Thats if I can get just the painting and not my whole toe in the pic!

Oh!  To all you gals out there.  I did try that Veet Razorless shave gel this morning.  I was pretty happy with it.  Yes, it did stink a bit, but it worked okay.  I left it on about 6 mins (it says not to exceed 6!) on one leg and 8 on the other.  The one that was 6 came out okay, but the other leg with 8 mins was better.  It was worth my $6.  I just hope it prolongs the hair growing back.  Hey Nae, how long does your mom get away with it???

Tomorrow my parents, the kids and I are going up to Old Sacramento for the day.  My bro and his girlfriend are going to meet us down there for lunch.  It should be fun, just as long as it isn't too hot and that Zachary doesn't get too cranky!  Lets keep the fingers crossed, okay??

The kids and I are home alone tonight.  Derek is working his normal shift tonight.  I tried to get him to call in sick because he is sick... But he won't do it.  He says he can't because he is the street warrior and they need him out there!

My parents went antiquing up in Jamestown.  So, I guess its just us for dinner.  The local Chinese joint in town just started a delivery service, so I think I'll take them up on that and order me some yummy dinner!

Well, Zach is cranky and Rowan is getting into stuff... Better get going!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

::Many Hugs::
~Pickle~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen and you lucky girl- well not the cranky part- but that part about holding Zach!  How precious! I would love to hold my babies again if they were that little while watching a movie.  Now they are so much older and won't sit still and each one has a different opinion on which cartoon or show to watch.  So sorry Zach is cranky!  Oh I do remember that too and that is sooo not a picnic.  Would love to get my nails done and go to Jamestown or have hubby at work while we are at home all snugly for the night and then I wouldn't have to cook anything too fancy.  Hope you have a good week end too and I gotta get me some of that shaving stuff!!!!!  Woo Hoo I bet you are so happy!  Hey let us know how long it really works!!!   Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope that little man gets to feeling better soon. Its sad when little ones feel bad because they can't tell you what would make them feel better or what hurts.
I also hope that big man feels better soon too...Street Warrior...that cracked me up!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND IT'S ELVIS WEEK 2005 IN MEMPHIS TN AT GRACELAND COME ON OVER FOR A VISIT

Anonymous said...

Well, there are times when the only "cure" is a nap in someone's arms, so, hey, nothing you can do but sit and get some R & R ourselves, right?

It seems like it gangs up on the little ones all at once, every miserable symptom. Good luck!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say you're being a worry-wart mother at all.  What you went through with Zach was VERY traumatic and knowing that loss of appetite was one of his symptoms, we would all be checking his pulse.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  

Ohhh I bet your toes are too cute.  I always take the easy route and put the little stickers on mine...lol

Mmmm Chinese food.  This entry just made me order some.  I'm off to enjoy :)

Luv~Heather