Thursday, August 11, 2005

~Lucky~

I don't have much to share today.  I really don't know what to write... Infact, Barbie and I were talking this morning and we were talking about how we both were pulling a blank when it came to writing.

Well, I thought I'd share a thought or two that popped into my head at 230 this morning, while feeding Mr. Zachary Justice.

As I was feeding him, I looked down at this pretty perfect child.  Yes, he does have to take heart medication, but besides that he is pretty much a normal, healthy child.

I realized how lucky I am.

I'm lucky to be able to have children first of all.  There are many, many deserving, loving couples out there that should be having children, but they aren't able to... For many different reasons.  And then there are the unloving, undeserving people popping children out left and right. 

I'm lucky because my child survived a very scary incident.  He was dealthy ill and because of medication and good doctors, he was able to pull through it.  Some parents aren't so lucky when it comes to that.  Their children get sick and never get better...

I'm lucky because at 23 years old, I have the life that I've always dreamed about.  I have a husband that loves me, children that I adore and a family that is supportive and caring.  I have a home, cars and a great job...  Don't get me wrong, just like the "normal" people out there, we do struggle with personal and money issues, but I love my life.

Not everyone is lucky to have a life like I do.

And I realize it... More than you probably think.

As Zachary finished his bottle and I burped him, I flashed back to the first time I was able to hold him again after being taken off the ventilator in the hospital.  I never wanted to hold him so much... And truthfully, for the first few days there, I wondered if I would be able to hold him again.  And I did.  And I continue to...

That is why I'm lucky, besides many other reasons...

As I lay Zach down to go back to sleep and checked on Rowan sleeping in my bed (oops, we backslid on that one!) I got this warm happy feeling in me... And I thought...

"I'm one lucky gal"

And off to sleep I went...

Have a great day Friends.  Thanks for sharing in this 'semi-sappy' entry...

::Love and Hugs::
~Pickle~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, keep it sappy keep it sappy. I loved it, and you are a very lucky but wonderful woman. You realize how blessed you are and so many people don't

Hugs

Brandi

Anonymous said...

I love when these feelings come to you out of nowhere and hit you upside your head when you least expect it!  You are truly blessed Jennifer, always remember that.  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Those children are both gifts from god.  Yes you are very lucky and seem like you deserve it and more.  I can tell you are a great mom, your kids look so happy and well taken care of.  It does my heart good to share in your life with your babies..

Anonymous said...

I think you are luckier for realizing it now.  Most don't appreciate their life until something bad happens.  Even before Zach's scare~I think you felt this, and knew this.  

That is what makes you and your life special....

Glad we were allowed to share this sappy moment ;)

Happy 'Friday' to you....

Cat

Anonymous said...

SOME PEOPLE DONT REALIZE HOW LUCKY THEY ARE.  EVERY NOW AND THEN WHEN I GO FOR MY WALKS AS I LOOK AT MY NEIGHBORHOOD AND THINK ABOUT HOW FAR I HAVE COME I THANK GOD FOR HELPING ME FOR BEING THERE FOR ME  LUIS HAS A BEEN A GREAT PART OF ME BEING WHERE I AM TODAY.  ANYWAYS PEOPLE SHOULD REALIZE HOW LUCKY THEY ARE AND TRY AT LEAST TRY TO TAKE ALITTLE TIME OUT TO HELP THE ONES THAT ARENT SO LUCKY.

Anonymous said...

Wow! with someone who doesn't know what to write, you sure done good with this entry; Perfect!!!

You Are a very lucky, and blessed, beautiful person Jenn. Here's to many many more happy thoughts like these.

Cheers!! *clink*

Love ya lots,

Barbie @>------

Anonymous said...

That is a nice reminder. Sometimes we get so caught up in "life" and forget what is important........

http://journals.aol.com/chatngirl32/HappinessandStruggles

Anonymous said...

Your wisdom is part of your charm, and it's refreshing to see someone so young with a great head on her shoulders.

I get the feeling that you are not the only one who feels lucky in your family.

Feel free to spread your sap around JLand ANYtime.


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Yes you are very Blessed...~Christie

Anonymous said...

Yes you are very Blessed...~Christie

Anonymous said...

I can see you are a very proud mommy and wife. :)
What more could a woman want out of life?

Wonderful entry!  

Holly

Anonymous said...

You are right Jenn- we have a lot to be thankful for, both of us.  I would do well to remember it though.  My latest entries have more than indulged in rants and complaints.  I guess I'm in a slump of some sort of rough days and weeks and trying to pull out of it but not even sure how.  Hanging in there though.  Sooooooo glad that Zach is doing so well.  He is our J Land Miracle Baby!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You are very lucky and if I didn't love you so much, I would be jealous.
This was a great entry..whether anyone thinks it was sappy or what, I loved it and glad that you shared it with all of us!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Great entry Jennifer!!!  Isn't it amazing the things you will think about when you're feeding your baby during the wee hours of the morning?  

Luv~Heather