Saturday, August 6, 2005

~Quiet and Alone Day~

Today was the day that Derek and I were going to be "Childless".  lol... What a way to put it huh?

Anyway, I had all these plans for us.  Get up at a decent time, go to breakfast... Hang out at the house for a bit.  Maybe check out a movie and grab a late lunch.  Well, none of that happened.  I take that back, we had a late lunch, but other than that, nothing else happened.

And its all Derek's fault.  Okay, not totally, but mostly ;)  He decided that last night he would stay up and out late, BBQ-ing in the back yard with his buddies.  He didn't come to bed until 6am!  There went my breakfast...

So, after my kiddos left at 8am, I talked to Barbie for a bit online and then decided to head back to bed.  I guess, if you can't beat them, join them :)  I went to bed around 930am and didn't get my fat lazy ass out of bed until NOON.  Nice huh??  I won't be able to do that again anytime soon, so why not do it huh?

When I did get up, so did Derek.  We decided that we'd go up to Stockton to see about his new quad.  Fill out paperwork and what not.  Well, we went up there, waited around a bit, but never got to fill out the paperwork or anything.

Derek decided that we'd leave and he'd just take care of all that on Tuesday, when he goes and picks up the bike.

On the way home, we stopped at the mall.  My wedding band- which is white gold- needed to be Flashed, so I dropped that off.  We also went to the Disney store to look around.  We ended up picking up Rowan a new night gown and a Snow Globe- The Princess Castle- for a Christmas present.

Thats all we have done today.  Now we are getting ready for dinner.  Tri-tip sandwiches, corn and salad. Perfect summer dinner :)

Have fun and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

HUGS.
Jenn

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tri-tip??

Anonymous said...

Pickle,

I'm glad you slept but if you say that again... I'm gunna come up there and give you a spankin!! Lazy? I think not. You are the least lazy person I know (Christmas shopping? August? Proof!!) and you never complain. -I told you to stay in bed ALL day. Time well deserved! Thanks Ma and Pa Pickle (((Hug)))

Kiss the babes. Lots of Love. Happy Sunday,

Barbie @>------


Anonymous said...

Hey there is nothing lazy about sleeping "childless" in the house with your man. It sounds like you still had a good day!

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad that you got to sleep in and that you and Derek got some alone time even though it wasn't what you had planned.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't knock this day, you at least got to get some extra sleep!!!  Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!  Nothing better I always say!  It's weird going without your children even for a day isn't it?  It seems when we do that the kids are the ONLY thing we talk about!  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Look at the bright side...atleast you got to sleep a little extra...lol

Luv~Heather