Friday, August 5, 2005

~Long Day~

Oh boy.  It has been a very long day.  I'm tired and I wish that I could go to bed right now, but because it is only 540pm, I don't think that will be a very smart idea :)

Anywho, enough bitching.  Even though today was a very long day, it was a good day.

The trip up to Sacramento went smoothly.  We left the house at 910am and arrived at the doctors office just 5 minutes after 11.  Not bad, not bad, since his appointment was at 1115am.  When we got into the office, I was prepared to pay the $10 co-payment, but was informed that I had a credit.  I didn't have to pay.  I have NO IDEA how I had gotten a credit, since I'd been there only once and had only paid $10 then.  But oh well, what ever they said, I didn't pay the money and saved myself the $10.  lol.

Although it took 45mins- yes 45mins- for the doctor to see me, it was good news when we finally saw him.  Dr. Asaikar discharged Zachary from his care!!  He measured his cranium... lol... and then he did a few little 'tests'.  He pronouced Zach as a Healthy Infant.  Yes, we knew that, but it was good hearing it from him and having him discharge him.

Good too, because that trip is hard.  Now we just have two doctors for Zach.  His peditrician and his cardiologist. 

The ride home from Sacramento was tough.  First of all, after we picked up some McDonald's (where they screwed us at the drive thru) I ended up in the wrong lane that made me head East on I-80.  Nope, wasn't supposed to go that way... I needed to go West.  So, we rode in some traffic up to the next exit, a good 3 miles, just to get off and get back on, heading in the right direction.

Then, somewhere before Galt, we ran into traffic. There was an accident somewhere in front of us and we were in the traffic a good 30 mins before we passed it.  And of course, Miss Rowan had to inform us, somewhere half way into the wait, that she had to go Stinkies!!  Ugh.  We (remember my dad came with me) told her it was going tobe a bit of a wait, and if she couldn't wait, she could go in the bushes along side the road.  They were more like miny woods, but whatever.  She didn't bite and she held it like a big girl.  My dad, being the smart guy he is, got her mind on seeing the accident to take it off having to go stinkies.  Worked too.  Thank Goodness.  We were finally able to rush her into the bathroom at a Jack N the Box in Galt.

But poor Mr. Zachary was a cranky sort.  Cried and Screamed.  Took him forever to calm down.  And when he did, he pretty much passed out in the back seat.  Again, thankfully my dad was with me.  He helped me out a lot.

::Thanks Daddy::

Can you see why I'm so tired?  I did get to lay down for a bit, but it didn't last long.  I'm guessing I will be going bed early this evening.  I'll just set the alarm for 10pm to make sure Zach gets his meds.

Speaking of sleep.  My Little Ones have been sleeping in their own beds!!  Rowan has been sleeping through the night in her own room.  From like 930pm to 7am!!  No coming into my room or anything!  Now I'm just having to fight the dog for room in my bed.  And my Little Man is sleeping in his crib.  He seems to like the fact that he has a lot of room and how comfy it is.  Last night he slept from 930pm until 445am.  Nice stretch of time, if you ask me.

Hmm. Oh, get this.  My PT is acting up.  Yeah, you know, the car that I just shelled out $484 to have a tune up and the brakes changed??  Well it is making this high pitched rattling noise.  Not good.  So, I called the shop this afternoon to find out what was up, and we have to bring it in on Monday.  We were kinda hoping to get it in tomorrow, but there was no way that was going to happen- according to the guy from the shop.  Ugh.  I guess we won't be driving it this weekend.

It is so hot here today.  A good 103 degrees outside.  We even lost our electricity today.  Not any longer than an hour, but I'm thinking it might have been a mini brown out.  Who knows, but we lost it and our water.  Not fun.

Well, I'm going to run now.  My dad and Rowan are making breakfast for dinner and I think I'll go help.  I hope each and every one of you have a great weekend!

::Hugs::
~Pickle~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about very long days!  I fall asleep a lot at dinner these past few weeks.  And what do I do... take naps and then I'm up late sometimes, or get no naps and am still up late doing work... or journaling- of course!!  And we have a cardiologist too for Nick... we just went the other day.  It was a relief he doesn't need surgery yet.  We are always thankful when the doctor says that to us.  Courtney can't hold it either on long trips for too long.  She is getting better about it but she will be like me... can only hold it for so long.  Wish I could get Aaron to sleep in his own bed!  Oh, the dreaded car problem thing... I have some rattles too darn it.  103- ouch that is hot weather out there!  Signed,
Also Hot in Florida, but only maybe 99 this week and sometimes we even go as low as 98!!  Yay! Lol!  Sounds crazy huh to be happy that we are two degrees under that of a frying pan!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Geez, sorry your trip didn't go too smooth.  You can almost always bet that you will get stuck in traffic from something when you have little ones with you.  YAY for Rowan holding her stinkies....lol  

I'm so glad Zach got cleared from the neurologist.  I know that has to be a HUGE relief for you.  

Breakfast for dinner....sounds GOOD!!!  Hope you got a good nights rest!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Even though the trip was a little rocky, I am so glad to hear Zachary is doing well and is discharged. Hooty hoo!! What a big help your dad was for you..

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day because of the doctor and the report but I know that you are tired!
I hope that the PT is nothing major!
hugs,
Kathi