Thursday, August 11, 2005

Weekend Assignment #72: The Ultimate Battle

cake.jpgVS   pie.jpg   

From By the Way...
Weekend Assignment #72: The Ultimate Battle

Weekend Assignment #72: Which is better -- cake or pie? Explain your reasoning. Will you choose the moist sponginess and frosting-topped goodness of cake? Or will you side with those flaky crust-adoring, fruit-filling fanatics of the pie nation? You must choose one -- and only one! No trying to suggest that Boston Creme Pie is really kind of like a cake, or how cheesecake is actually not unlike a pie. Take a stand! Be true to your pastry orientation!

Extra Credit: Having chosen cake or pie, now admit your favorite variety of the dessert you did not choose. So if you chose cake, tell us your favorite pie. Prefer pie? Tell us your favorite cake.

Oh John... Why did you have to make this so hard??  And we only get to choose ONE???

Well, I'll go and say that I will take Cake over Pie any day.  I know, it is hard to just choose one... But thats what I'd choose.  My favorite?  Chocolate cake with Chocolate frosting.  A big ol' chunk of cake, in a bowl, with milk poured on top... Just the way my Daddy likes it!

Nummy Nummy Num.

Yellow cake with chocolate frosting is a close runner up!  But geeze, is there a theme with the chocolate?  I think so :)

Extra Credit:  My favorite pie would have to be Berry.  Warm and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.. Oh yeah!  Totally tasty!

Thanks John... this was fun, but such a tuffy!

If you play along guys, let me know!

~Pickle~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

LOL can't they have Cake, pie or ICE CREAM??? lol I haven't eaten cake since I was like 12 .. I hate it now and I don't do pie often hehe

Hugs
Brandi

ps: I have been reading, I just hardly comment.. I am so working on that :D

Anonymous said...

Opposites attract. Great Minds, huh?

My Daddy Do's is "Berries & Cream Berries & Cream!!" Thanks for the memories Pickle. Do would start his whining in a soft whisper while watching TV with us. If nobody heard him, he would get just and little louder and louder "berries & cream...berries & cream..BERRIES & CREAM!" hehe LOL. -we always had frozen berries in the freezer for him -just in case *wink*

See Ya, Love Ya, Be Good!

Weeeeee.......

Anonymous said...

I want to play along, but..but..I can't take it! I have to go find some pie! Maybe wash it down with some cake...I'll let you know!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

chocolate cake with milk poured on top?? i am going to have to try that one..sounds great!!!

Roxanna

Anonymous said...

yellow birthday cake from Publix...with white frosting...and milk.....OMG
~Christie

Anonymous said...

Mmm, cake.  Chocolate....
I may have to play along; my bday approaches, and I'll have a reason to eat cake, lol, once the fire from the candles is put out~
Anna

Anonymous said...

Yummmy!  I love both too.  I have to choose?!??? No way!  I can't even decide half the time when at a restaurant.  I'm such a pain.  This is a nightmare assignment-Lol!  I really like cherry pie so I'm leaning that way.  May even have to skip the assignment though this week due to inability to choose- Lol!  Hugs,
Lisa  : )

Anonymous said...

A big ol' chunk of cake, in a bowl, with milk poured on top... Just the way my Daddy likes it!
O My Gosh...I thought I was the only human on this earth who did that..My husband was so wierded out when I did that while we were dating surprised he married me cause he thought I was nutzo....My grandpa ate it like that...... Yummy...so in the mood for cake..we have brownies with powdered sugar sifted on on top..ever have them like that super duper yummo

Anonymous said...

I am a cake girly!!
love ya!
Kathi

Anonymous said...

German chocolate cake almost excuses that whole WWI and WWII thing...

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh you just had to post these pictures, didn't ya?  LOL  I'm PMSing and off to find me some chocolate  :)

Luv~Heather