Saturday, August 27, 2005

~What I Looked Forward To~

Oh the details the details...

Laura and I did get to meet you guys... And it was Great!

We met at the local mall, a mid-way point for both of us, since she lives to the north and I live to the south. 

The meeting spot at the mall, none other than Starbucks :)  Rowan and I were a tid-bit late meeting them, not because it took us forever to get to the mall or something- because we'd been there since 1230 (we were meeting at 1)- but because she had to use the potty for the SECOND time...

When we walked into the Starbucks, it was like meeting a friend that I've known for a while.  To me, there was no uneasiness.  Laura was just as sweet, funny and great as I imagined!

And Mr. Daniel... Oh what a cutie pie.  Although both of our kiddos were a tid-bit on the shy side when we first got them together, they seemed comfortable around each other by the end of the day.

After Starbucks, we made our way over to Build-A-Bear.  Rowan, the pro that she is, knew what she wanted and how she was going to do it.  Daniel on the other hand, was a little overwhelmed by it all.  He did seem to enjoy the Fluffing machine and all the colors.  He helped Laura make his monkey, which she named Dude and then went back to watching the machine.  He was just too cute.  Changing the colors of the lights by hitting the according buttons. 

I think Laura and I had more fun helping make the "bears" and dressing them and finding matching things than the kids did.  lol...

After we finally managed to get out of BAB, we headed over to the play center that they have in the mall.  Neither Rowan nor Daniel had every played in there, so they both seemed excited to finally get in there and play.  Good thing they had fun too, because it finally gave Laura and I a real chance to talk.

I'm guessing if we were distracted by the kiddos, we could have enjoyed our time together more... But it was okay, we had a good time and so did the kids.  I just wish I could havegotten a picture of us together and the kids together... Oh well, maybe next time!

I also wish that Rowan hadn't started to become such a butt by the end of the afternoon.  She was tired and didn't want to listen to mom.  I was so embarrassed... But I tried to remember that Laura did have a three year old also and I'm sure she'd been there before :) 

Oh yes, Rowan also decided that she was going to (accidently) spill her Strawberries and Cream Frap all over the floor in the mall.  I used my one and only cloth diaper (for burp rag) to wipe what I could of it up and then had to toss it.  Goodness... I think my face was probably a little red by then :)

After she started to get testy, we decided that it was probably a good time to go.  Both kiddos were tired and we had other things to tend to...

But it was a good time and we are hopefully going to get together again soon!

One meeting with a J-Land friend down... Many more to go :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soo cool.. gotta find some J-landers near me.. And Build a bear is Awesome! love that place..aren't the outfits so darn cute??

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

That is so great that the day went well! I am glad you all had a blast even when Rowen got a little testy in the end. ; ) I feel like a goober but I SOOO wanna go to a build a bear for me hahaa. I know ... so silly. : D

Hugs
Brandi

Anonymous said...

I'll probably never make it to California... I wish, though. But if you ever find yourself in the Wisconsin/upper Illinois area (Chicago), let me know, because maybe we can meet up. WHY you'd even be all the way over here, I have NO IDEA, but it'd be cool if we ever got to meet. Glad things went good for you and Laura.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  :0)  ~Liz

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful!!...Sounds like a great day..and Im so glad you two hit it off!! YAY

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun! Rowan was not that testy too me though. Our kids were normal, happy, playful kids who had a long, exciting day. I think you are right Jenn, they will no doubt warm up to eachother more the next time they hook up. Thanks for making Friday a great day!
hugs
hello to Rowan too.....I'm looking for that nail polish color for my toes.
Laura

Anonymous said...

That's so great! I'm so happy you got to share some time!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time.  Good for you.   Now I need to figure out someone to meet from J-land.  <grin>

Love,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn~ we've all been there before with tired kids!  Sometimes, I just want to crawl under something because mine starts being real loud~barking at people, or naying like a horse.  She pretends to be Gene Autry's horse, Champion!  Thanks, Dad  :)

But when she's tired and starts throwing her fits, it's all I can do to get outta there.  Sometimes, we just leave.  Our grocery store will put your cart in the cooler so you can come back later~ I just love that  :)

Glad you got to meet Laura!  I just started reading at her place :)

Looked like everyone had a great time to me!

Cat

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun!  Glad you had a great time and that build a bear thing is really popular.  I don't have one yet... maybe someday.  I've been collecting dolls so bears would really fit in with what I have going.  Hugs,
Lisa

PS I hope I get to meet some journal land friends too soon someday!  : )

Anonymous said...

Julie keeps asking if we can take ALex's white seal up to the mall to have her stuffed.  she wants to surprise him, isn't that the sweetest?  I'm sure she thinks by going there that she'll get a new stuffy herself.  She's slick like that.

Startbucks....mmmmmmmmmmmm   mm.   mmm.   m mm.

LOL

~yup, just drank coffee.

~V~

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to meet Laura. It is so cool meeting people from J land. I hope to meet some more myself soon.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you got to meet Laura!!!  The kids looked soo cute making their bears!!

Luv~Heather