Tuesday, August 23, 2005

~Oh The Answers~

Well, when someone wants to play, you guys sure want to play along too!

I've got so many questions already, that I thought I'd do these for now and see if I get anymore today.  Remember, the cut off is tonight, Tuesday, August 23rd!  So, if you're questions aren't in tonight, they'll be left unanswered... Okay, they might not, but you never know ;)

And we're off...

Comment from: brandilynneliz

1.  Favorite Color:  Blue and Pink

2.  Favorite Ice Cream: Chocolate

3.  What would you do if you weren't a mommy?: I'd still be in school probably... that or hopefully starting my career.  What career?  I don't know, but I'm not sure if I'd be working at a Pickle Factory... lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Comment from: Kelly (kellaw2)

1.  Ok lets see...I noticed that Row Row is older than the amount of years you have been married...and you are a young one...lol....How long have you and Derek been together: Derek and I have been together, officially for almost 5 years.  We 'dated' on and off from the time I was a Sophmore in high school until we got together in November 2000.  We've been married 2 years and Rowan is 3 (4 in January).  We got married when she was 16mons old.

2.  Derek looks like he might be a little bit older than you...Is he?:  Derek will be turning 25 in October.  I turned 23 in May... So yes, he is a tid-bit older than I.

3.  Besides Derek, is there anyone you ever thought wouldbe the love of your life?: No.  Truthfully not.  Derek has always "been there"... Even when I was with other Boyfriends... ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment from: xxcrazygerl17xx

1.  Have you ever been to college? if so, what for?: Yes, I went to college from the fall of 2000 until the spring of 2002.  I went pretty much full time and worked at a grocery store while I was pregnant with Rowan.  I took a "break" after Ro was born to prepare for my wedding and never went back... I was going to college to get a degree in Liberal Studies with a Minor in Animal Science.

2.  Did you have a big wedding?: Yep, my wedding on May 17, 2003 was a big wedding.  Or at least I think it was.  150 people, 14 people in the wedding party (including Derek and I) and it was so much fun... Thanks Mom and Dad!!

3.  Do you have any tattoos?: Yes.  One on my ankle that is my pernament souvenir of Hawaii... A black "sun".  And then I have one on my back that is an 'open' (flat) Irish Claudage ring...  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Comment from: luckyshammrock77

1.  Do you plan on having anymore children?: No, no more planned children.  Two Hands for Two Kids...

2.  What city/state are you from?: I was born in San Jose, Ca. and then was 'transplanted' (what they call it out here) to Ceres, Ca.  I now live a whole 10 mins away from the house that I grew up in...

3.  What do you do for a living?: I work in the office of a Pickle Factory.  I do the Accounts Payable and other stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Comment from: redpoppy007

1.  Where are you from?: Hughson, Ca... Central Valley California... just 10mins south of Modesto- think Laci Peterson Case!

2.  How many children do you want?: 2- so we are done now :)

3.  What is your favorite book?: "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Comment from:scotthlori

1.  What is your guilty pleasure? (ex.  food, tv show...): Food... Totally!!  And mostly desserts... Brownies, Cakes, Ice Cream.  I'm horrible when it comes to sweets!!

2.  If money where no object, what kind of vehicle would you drive?: Truthfully, a big SUV like I have now ('05 Tahoe)... But I would drive it everyday, to and from work... Unlike me driving my PT Cruiser because its better on gas :(

3.  What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?  (Ok, so I stole that from a blinkie...hehe!): Go back to school... Become a NICU/PICU Nurse, like those wonderful people that helped Zach when he was Sick and Laura over at "Adventures in Juggling".  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment from: barbaramck

1.  Books or Movies?: Books... Books are always better than the movie!

2.  One day of total happiness or five years of just okay?: One day...

3.  Iced Vanilla Latte' or Caramel Mociotto (sp?)?: Hmm, for a Hot coffee, I'll take the Venti Caramel Mochiato (sp?) but for Iced... The Vanilla Latte... Yummy!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Comment from: yaya1

1.  HAVE U MOVED AROUND ALOT: No.  From San Jose at 7 years old to Current Location...

2.  HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN MARRIED: 2 wonderful years...

3.  WHAT DIDNT U GET FROM UR CHILDHOOD THAT U GIVE UR CHILDREN: Wow, hard question because I got a LOT from my childhood... Truthfully, I don't have an answer for that  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Comment from: kathlyna22
1. What is one thing you will never let your children do, for example, bungee jumping naked?: Shoot, if they want to bungee jump naked, whatever... But I don't want them screwing up their face or body at a young age.  So, I'd have to say I wouldn't let them get anything pierced (besides their ears) before the age of 16...  

2.  When's the last time you recieved a ticket, speeding or parking, and what was the first thing you said?  ::Knocking on Wood:: I've NEVER gotten pulled over :)

3. Is there anything you regret from when you were younger?:  Saying "I Love You" to people (boyfriends) that I didn't really love, because until you truly find your "One True Love" those words are meaningless...  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    

Comment from: ravenlark2
1.  If you could meet three people, living or dead, who would they be?: First I'd love to meet my husband's grandmother that passed away before I got together with him.  He was such a big part of his life and I feel that I missed out on meeting such a great person.  I'd like to meet Anne Rice, just because I'd love to hear what she has to say on a ton of different subjects.  Lastely, I'd love to speak to George Washington... To ask him if there is truth behind all the rumors of a secret society!!

2.  What's your favorite way to pass time when you get an afternoon free to yourself?: Read... Veg Out... Simple stuff.

3.  What is one thing you hope to see happen in your life time? (IE-Woman president, Cure for Cancer, Happiness for a certain family member...etc etc etc. Can be world event or more personal): I'd love to have all the deadly diseases cured... To have someone find the one thing needed to cure it all.  Heck, who knows, it could be hiding deep in that Rainforest we all hear about!!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Comment from: brianswife7378

1.  What made you decide to put Rowan in Gymnastics versus a different class like a dance class or swimming classes?: When Rowan first started Gymnastics, she was only 18 months old... it was more Gymboree type class just to give her some child interaction.  She was too young to be in dance and I've always said that I'd teach her to swim, because for one I did swim/play water polo competitively and two, my parents taught me to swim and I cam out okay.  Now, she just enjoys gym so much and is truly good at it for me to switch her out.

2.  Do you get along really well with your MIL, have you always gotten along with her?: Yes, I get along great with my MIL.  I have from the time that Derek and I started to date.  In fact, when I got pregnant (oopsie) and Derek told her, she said "well, Jennifer was already a part of our family, she'll just now be a bigger part of it".  I do also work with and for my MIL at the Pickle Factory... She is the office manager.

3.  Tell me about how your house is; layout (open floor-plan?, traditional ranch? two story?), square footage (how many bedrooms and baths, cool appliances and features?), how it's decorated and with what colors... (not cuz I'm creepy and stalker-ish.. you know me... ) just cuz I love houses (a sad side-effect of being a home-builder's wife)... I'll even tell about mine, if you wanna know.: My house was built in 2002.  Its a one story, 1700 square foot home that has 3 bedrooms and a den (that is now being used as a bedroom for my parents until their home is done).  We have two full baths and Pergo flooring through out the house.  Besides Rowan's room, the rest of the house is painted in Cottage White... Thanks to the builder.  Rowan's room has 3 white walls and one purple.  We are actually in the process of looking at colors to paint the rest of the house.  A hard task because Derek is "afraid of color"!!  Hmm, now our home decor is a bit traditional... Maybe with a little French Country thrown in it.  Nothing too much or too dual :)  We do have a beautiful mirror above our fire place that my parents bought us the first Christmas we were there... Its our main focal point in the house.  We are still finding places for things and learning what we want to do in the house, even after 3 years :)

Okay guys... Thanks for the great questions... I'm still up to answering more, if you can think of some ;)  

Have a great Tuesday
~Pickle~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

These were all great questions and answers. I learned some things that I didn't know about you...like I didn't know you had tattoos. Pretty cool.
I don't have any questions right now, but you know what...I would love to see some of your wedding pictures! You should share them with us!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

A great entry for someone like me who is new to your journal!  And I thought "A Pickle For Your Thoughts" was just a cute title...I didnt' think...Oh, she works at a pickle factory.  Cute!

lori
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

Anonymous said...

Well according to the bible (Gag) when you die your greatest pleasure will be your worst pain if ya commit a sin, so I guess you got it easy, you'll be fed to death with Brownies cakes and ice cream...enjoy!

I have to stop thinking about that darn movie! (Constantine)...I do have a silly from Bill pertaining to it, I'm not sure I should post it or not, some people might find it vulgar...yeah, I should do it!  LMAO!!! I'll email you what he said, If ya want to know....you know you do!

And let's see these tattoos!  

Anonymous said...

Yay! I still have time!

1. What is your most secret fantasy or desire and has it come true?

2. You win $100,000,000 in the lottery...what would you do with it?

3. What would you do if something ever happened to Derek?

~Jenn~

Anonymous said...

great answers! but i do have another question. i dont want to sound dumb or anything, but what exactly is a pickle factory? Do you guys make pickles there??

Roxy

Anonymous said...

This is wayyy cool! I learned so much about you!
But I already knew you were a cool chick! ;)

Um...I have one question if that counts...

And only one because it's my favorite question to ask people!

Ok, ready!?

Think Indecent proposal here, you know the movie with Woody H.

If some rich guy offered you a 10 million dollars to sleep with him for one night...regardless of Derek... Would you do it?

And to follow up... Would you ask your hubby what he thought? Or would you even tell him about it?

Haha! Im so mean! But seriously, it's a hard one!

~Shells xoxo

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this, Jenn.  Feel like I know you a little better!  

Love,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

good answers, Jen.
Well done :D
Anna

Anonymous said...

Yay, I learned stuff about you! : ) Youre only 1 yr older than me : ) Thanks for answering!
Tricia

Anonymous said...

I learned so much more about you from this! I absolutely loved your anwswers.

Hugs
Brandi

Anonymous said...

These were great questions.  I learned something new today :)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

oh my god!
Shut up!
I turned 23 in May too!
I learned so much about you!! How much fun!
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

hmm, I was on the disabled list and missed the deadline AGAIN! I like the ones that everyone asked though, and you are a true sport for answering them so thoroughly!

I'm gonna push my luck...

1. What song would you say best applies to your life right now?

2. Do you like your name?

3. If you could be the Boss of any company for a day, what would you pick?


LOL, awww c'mon, one time for the old guy?

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a big wedding!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink