Monday, September 12, 2005

~Busy Weekend and I'm Still Sick~

Goodness, have I been a bad journaler (is that a word??) or what?  I haven't posted since last Thursday?!?!  Good God Man!  Bad Jennifer Bad.

I've got some good reasons though... Promise :D

First of all, I'm still sick.

I have a cough and the pressure in my sinus area is just about killing me.  All the gunk is Green, so I know I need to get my booty to the doctors, but I just don't want to go.  For one, I don't know if they can do anything for me... But I just don't want to take the time and go.  lol.

I am starting to sound like my husband.  That man won't go to the doctors for nothing... And I'm sounding a lot like him right now!

It was also a pretty busy weekend.

Friday my mom and I went and got our nails and toes done.  Boy did I need it!  I hadn't been there for a month and my toes had lost all the paint on them!

After our nail appointment, we went to a paint store to pick out some paint samples.  We are getting the inside of our house painted in October and I needed to find some colors.  I (we) finally found this really nice color Peanut Shell for the livingroom and dining room and then a shade or two lighter for the hallway.  The kitchen will be a Green- either moss green or turtle green, I can't figure out which one yet.

We have already figured out what color we'll be doing the guest/the kids bathroom.  It is a teal green color.  Very tropical.  It matches the shower curtain and what not.  But it will be very easy to find stuff to go with later on too!

After picking out the paint samples, we headed up to North Modesto to Lowes.  We needed to pick out a tile for the guest bathroom and my bathroom and closet.  We picked out a pretty neat looking tile.  Almost looks like sand and what not.  It will be really neat.

My parents are going to be putting the tile down next weekend (Sept 23rd) while we are in Pismo.  They are doing that as a "Thank You" for letting them live with us until their house is done!  Aren't they great ;)

See... Told you I was busy.

Then on Saturday my mom, me, my moms friend and my friend Amy went to Mountain View for the Art and Wine festival.  I had a good time in the beginning, but towards the end of the day, I started for feel horrible.

My head was hurting and I was coughing up a storm....

But I did get some goodies.  My mom (and dad- it was his idea) bought me a new hat.  I love big, floppy straw hats and I found a really like straw color one.  My mom got a black one!  We can switch them up and share :D  I also found a really neat necklace at an Irish Charm place.  It is the Celtic Trinity Knot with a purple stone under it.  Its small, but very beautiful!

But boy, was I tired on the way home... And I was so glad to get home when I did too :)

And then yesterday, I just was a lazy girl.  I was on the couch all day long and I even took two cat-naps.  Derek was really good to me and new that I needed them.  So, he took care of the kids and what not.

Derek also "built" Rowan a fort in our dining room yesterday afternoon... She loved it!  And all he did was take a really big blanket and put it over half of the table and she just played under it.  She even took a nap in there!!  Derek just put some blankets down and then her sleeping bag and she was out!  She took a good nap too- 2 hours.  I guess it helped that it was dark and semi-quiet.  Silly girl.  She loved it though and wanted to sleep in there last night!

Derek told her that he'd build her one every Sunday... Only Sundays though he said ;)  Just something for Her from Daddy. 

So I guess that was my weekend.

Told you I was busy... But I do feel like a bad J-land person :)

I tried to keep up withmy alerts, but I've got a good 60 in my in-box right now :(  Darn it.  And its Monday too!

So you know what that means... Busy day and probably a loopy day too!

I can't wait for the week to be over though.  Does that sound bad???  But I'm so waiting for Friday to come!

Friday brings a hair appointment- which I so need!!- and then Derek and me go to Wine and Roses for the weekend!!!  I can't wait... Quiet time... Alone time... Good Food... Massages... Sleeping In... Ah, how much fun!!

Tonight is Rowan's gymnastics class.  Good thing too because she has tons of pint up energy.  I just hope she can make it through it, because I know she'll be tired!

Oh yea... My diet kinda fell to the waste-side while I've been sick.  I haven't been eating bad, but I wasn't paying too much attention to what I was eating.  Plus, when you are feeling bad anything Sweet will help you out!

Well, I need to run now.  Too much going on to really get a good entry in.  I hope I can get to all my journal entries...

::Toodles::
~Pickles~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jenn! I've missed reading your entries but I can understand how you feel with being sick. I hope you are feeling much better. Take care and get well soon. Anna

Anonymous said...

I didn't raise a ostrich! Call the doctor this morning and go this afternoon or you won't be going away this weekend. You are sneezing yellow stuff! YUCK!

Anonymous said...

A NOTE ON THE DIET THING:  I FIND IT EASIER IF U SET A SMALL GOAL LIKE 2 LBS THIS WEEK, 3 NEXT AND SO ON.  HOPE U FEEL BETTER.

Anonymous said...

You will LOVE the paint color...Peanut shell we have it in the living room..very classy..makes a BIG difference some color on the walls....Hope ya feel better.... Hooray your paying someone to paint for you..we painted ourselves and this house is 2675 sq ft and high high ceilings and plant shelves..what a nightmare..these walls will stay the colors until I am old and grey lol

Anonymous said...

Yes, you need to see a DR.  If it's green then they can fix it...lol  

Sounds like the paint and the tile is going to be VERY nice.  You'll be sharing pics right??  :)

You were super busy this weekend.  Atleast you can make up for it this coming weekend with lots of relaxing ;)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE A BAD SINUS INFECTION..YES YOU BETTER CALL OR GET TO THE DR..THOSE THINGS JUST GET WORSE.
French onion soup will help with the cough..

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're still feeling bad.  Poor girl.  Nothing is worse than trying to juggle a family while being sick.  

It sounds like so much fun picking out colors and tile for you home.  I can't wait to do that one day....

When I was a little girl, I used to love forts too...me and my cousins would build them nearly everytime we got together.  Must be a girl thing.  LOL

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

Aw, I really hope you feel better hun!!!  Thats too cute about Rowan and that fort...I used to love to build little forts like that under my daybed...sigh, memories, lol
well ttyl!
<3, em

Anonymous said...

I am soooo behind in entries!!
I cant wait to see what everything looks like when you paint. I hope that you are feeling better by now!
hugs,
Kathi