Tuesday, September 27, 2005

~Okay, So its Not That Bad~

Okay, call me a worry wart or an over protective mother, I don't care.  Because I am and I think I have a right to be :) ... But I thought I'd tell you all that the kids' doctors appointment went okay.

Bad news is, is that they both have pretty nasty ear infections.

There is the cause of Zach's temperature and Rowan's crankiness.

The CNP could tell right away that Rowan and Zach weren't feeling well and she looked them over very well.

She listened to his chest for a long time and said that it was A-Okay.  That he is congested more in his throat.  That it is all "sticking there" and he'll just cough it up.

His heart rate was up a bit... 148bpm... But that is expected because he is running a good temp (100.9).  She said I could listen to it every once in a while to make sure it wasn't getting too high, but she told me that I needed to understand it would be elevated because of the fever. 

Rowan on the other hand just has an ear infection.  So they both will be put on meds for the next ten days.  I hope we can kick the sickies straight out of the Pickle Jar for a while...

We are all so tired of it.

Thank you all for your thoughts and best wishes.

::Pickles::

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the ever impressive ear infection, sneaks up on ya every time.  Nobody is spared!

Many more to come my love, and as long as you handle it your way, you'll make it through every time.  Mom knows best, that's what my doctor always says.

Worry Away~

~V~

Anonymous said...

Wheww!

Glad it's nothing major!

Hope ya'll get some sleep tonight :)

Cat

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with worrying...thats what mommy's do =)
Hope they feel better soon....
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

The scourge of the ear infections! At least now you know what you're up against. I feel so sorry for the little ones when they get them, because I know how miserable I am when I do.

Good luck...hope the time passes quickly!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Ouch, those things hurt, so glad you took them. Sometimes they can be stubborn and stick around for awhile. I had tubes put in my sons ears when he was little.  He had so many of those things.
hope they get some relief and feel better.

Anonymous said...

Aw honey...so sorry to hear that the
wee ones are sick.  I hope they get
better soon, and give Mommy some
rest!!
Love ya,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Ear infections are the worst. Wishing your little ones better soon.
Tilly x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

I hate ear infections....!!! hope the meds work so you guys can all get well!
ttyl
<3, em

Anonymous said...

Poor little things.  I hope they get well real quick!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

When Lacie was a baby (she's 5 now) she had an ear infection.  I knew it.  ER doctor said she was fine.  5 horrible nasty long days later, I went to MY doctor and sure enough, she had an ear infection.  I nearly hunt that ER down!  Hehe!

I hope they are feeling better very soon!

Lori
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/TheYaddaYaddaBookClub

Anonymous said...

Nothing worse than ear infections.  Nick used to get them all the time and he was so upset and I must have been at the doctor six times for them.  Now I have too much wax in both ears and an outer ear infection on the right.  I bought this ear wax removal kit for the first time in my life this week and it is still kind of messed up but I'm working at it little by little.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ear infections will make you feel like crap. I hope that the meds do the trick and everyone is better soon!
hugs,
Kathi