Monday, September 5, 2005

~So Far So Good~

*second attempt at this entry!!*

Well so far... So good.

My first day on the Diet and Excersise plan has been going well, but it is only 1115am.  Lol.

I did go for a walk with the kiddos.  I'm guessing about a mile to a mile and a half.  But the way that my legs were tingling afterwards, no matter the distance, I did my body good by walking.

I felt good doing it too.  Rowan loves getting out and so does Zach.  Them in their seats, sitting and looking out... Getting the fresh air.  I think it does us all good :)

After I got back from the walk and the pit-stop at the park for Rowan, I did my first half of my crunches that I want to accomplish in one day.  I'm taking Denielle's advice and splitting them up.  50 in the morning and 50 in the evening.  She mentioned that if I were to try to do too many that I probably wouldn't be doing them the right way to get results.  So, by splitting them up, I'll probably get them done better and see results :)  And you all know that I want to see results!

But I am hungry though.  I've been up since just about 7am and my body isn't used to this "Not eating when I feel like it" thing.  I've had 1 banana, 1 FF Key Lime Yogurt and 1 apple with reduced fat peanut butter.  I have also had 2 bottles of water... No Diet Pepsi so far.  I'm afraid my body might revolt against me if I don't have one soon though. 

I'm also thinking lunch might be coming soon too.  Thinking right after I'm done with this entry... lol.  I'm thinking Tuna and FF Mayonaise sounds good.  No bread, just tuna straight from the bowl.  Oh yeah, tasty tasty :)

I have started a Private Journal... My own way of keeping track of my weight loss and what I've eaten and haven't eaten... I'm not sure if I'm ready to share it yet, but I'll let you know if I do.

Anywho, enough of this whole excesise and not eating stuff...

The BBQ that the kiddos and I went to last night was a pretty good time!  It was good for the kids to see their cousins and their other set of grandparents.  I had a good time too... Just getting out of the house and being in the nice weather did me good.

I did have some yummies though... Like I knew I would.  Hot dog, some yummy-unhealthy potato dish my MIL makes and brownies.  You know I'm a chocolate lover... So I had me some brownies.  Ah, no more brownies for Jennifer though.  Well, at least not for a while!

Anyways.  The weather here is just lovely.  It will be about 88 here today.  And it won't be over 90 for the rest of the week!!  I'm so happy... It needs to start cooling down, thats all I have to say. 

Right now, I have the front door and some windows open.  The breeze is coming through and it is a very nice change!  Of course, we'll eventually have to turn the A/C on later... But for now, the nice breeze is good enough to keep us cool!

Miss Rowan is doing better.  No more cough and her eye isn't even pink anymore.  I will continue to keep putting the drops in for the next couple of days to keep it away and ward off anymore infection... But she is doing good.

Unfortunetly, I'm wondering if Mr. Zachary is coming down with something.  He has been stuffy the last few days and he keeps doing this thing where he brings his ear down onto his shoulder and rubs it.  I also caught him rubbing it last night too.  If he is doing it tomorrow, I'll probably be having to call the doctors.  Two visits to the doctors office in a week... What will they think of me :)

Well, Derek just got up (he worked last night) and I'm starving.  Time for some Tuna!  Hope you have a wonderful last day of the weekend... I know I will be trying to :)

::Toodles::
~Pickles~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the 1st day is going well.
How much weight are you wanting to loose?
I hope that Rowan is getting all better and that little man doesn't get sick!!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Good luck with it, Jenn!  I know its a hard road sometimes :)

Sounds like a good time last night...

Hope today is just as fun :)

Cat

Anonymous said...

Tony eats tuna right out of the can all of the TIME!!!! I cannot keep the stuff in the house!  he just puts pepper on it and eats it, lol.  Anyways...Just wanted to let you know don't let yourself get so hungry!!!  Actually eatting really small meals frequently will keep your metabolism running...Eat every 3 or 4 hours...just small meal type things...apples...yogurt...tuna...fruits and veggies, whole grains...but dont eat a lot of bread...and dont let yourself give into that pepsi and watch fruit juice labels...lots of sugar...you may be eating great and then not reallize the juice you drank had a crap load of calories and sugar....When Tony was in Washington he started this diet and lost about 20 lbs in a little over 2 months...(and he wasn't really even exercising all that much, they were standing post and watching things, lol)  They maybe ran occasionally....good luck! hun!  Keep up the good work!
ttyl!
<3, em

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work; you are doing good! WTG on the walk; hope all gets well in your household and stays well for the coming week.

betty

Anonymous said...

Good Job, Jen, you are off to an awesome start. Your plan sounds great, and I think it will work. I think after we are better, I'll try to keep all this weight that I've lost from being sick off as well. We just haven't been all that hungry, ya know? Good Luck! I know you can do it.
Mucho Love

Anonymous said...

Since conjunctivis is VERRRY contagious...little Zach and maybe some of the ones at the barbeque or even you could catch it...your diet plan sounds great...all of those crunches make me feel guilty though cuz I really hate to exercise...Good luck...~Christie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing great on the diet!  Kudos to you, Jenn!  
It's been getting into the 50's here during the nights.  I love it!
I can feel that fall air coming our way.  Fall is my favorite season..
obviously...I named my daughter after the season.  <grin>

I'm glad Rowen's feeling better, but it sure sounds like Zach may
have an ear infection.  Probably wouldn't hurt to have it checked
out, just to be safe.

Love ya,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

"Time for some Tuna", hee-hee, Yum-Yum!  You are off to a good start!  Now the hard part, keeping to it.  Ugghhh.  The doctor won't think anything of you being seen in his office 2 times within 1 week, he will just think of you as a good Mommy!  You actually notice when your children are getting sick!  Hope Zachy isn't getting an ear infection and WOO-HOO on Rowan recovering so quickly!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh, here's another Denielle Health Tip, lol. Try to eat at least 2 pears and/or apples a day. Help stifle your appetite and they are good for you.

Best wishes with everything, I know it's hard and it sucks not eating what ya want! ;)

Denielle

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK ON UR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY I AM DOING THE SAME THING.  I AM ROLLERBLADING AND WALKING I AM NOT A RUNNER OR JOGGER.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the weight loss and for both of us.  My 20 or so stubborn pounds I hope will come off quick.  Good idea... tuna is very good for you and low fat... maybe I will try that tomorrow night.  Slimfast has been a huge help to me too.  Hugs,
LIsa  

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing great so far!  Keep it up!  

Glad to hear Rowan is doing better....I sure hope Zachary isn't coming down with something.  

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the diet and exercise plan.
Eli

Anonymous said...

Can I jump on your diet banwagon?
Lord knows I need it!!!!!!
LOL
Best of luck, and I cant wait to hear more on how your doing!
Tricia