Tuesday, September 20, 2005

~Guess What?~

                                   dancer.jpg

Guess who is starting dance classes tonight?

No, not me ;)

Miss Rowan is...

She is taking a Pre-Ballet/Tap class... It is on Tuesday evenings at 6pm.  She is so excited!!  I am too.  Rowan has a natural gift of rhythm, so this will be so good for her.

Last night she wanted to go to the class right after her gymnastics class!  Once her gym class was over she says, "Now to dance right?" and I had to break her little heart by telling her that she had to wait until tomorrow night!!

The dance studio is in the same building as her gymnastics class, so that is good.  It is only a 20 minute ride from our house... I just hope she enjoys the class.  My daughter likes to shake her booty, so I hope the structure of the class works for her... Or rather, she works with it!

She does have to follow their dress code though.  She has to wear a Red leotard and white tights... Then pink ballet slippers and black tap shoes.  I am sure she will want to wear one of the flowing little pink wraps/skirts that go around the leotard, just because all of the other little girls wear them too!  So that will be one more thing for me to buy.  Thank goodness they sell most of the stuff there at the studio.  And it isn't too expensive... Or at least I don't think it is.  I've never had to deal with dance clothes, so I'm not sure.  Hey Cat, is $19 expensive for a leotard???  And how much to tap and ballet slippers run???  Oh, this dance thing is out of my league!!  I'm only used to buying bathing suits and water polo balls :D

So, you know you should expect to see pictures tomorrow.  I hope to be able to buy her outfit before class so that she can look like the rest of the girls in the class... I even told her she has to wear her hair up- which she despises!!- so that her hair doesn't get in her face!!

How exciting huh??? 

Anyways...

Rowan did really well at gymnastics last night.  It was skills check off week... So that means that she was being "tested" on all the things they are learning in class.  She has already had around 12 (or so) skills checked off... And once she has the rest checked off, she'll move up a level.  She won't be able to go to another class until she turns five, but she'll move up a level.  So, we'll see how many skills she has checked off next Monday!

Now, my other little child isn't feeling too well.  I swear, we've been trading colds back and forth for a while now.  So, Mr. Zachary is going to be making ANOTHER trip to the doctors this afternoon.  He is really congested and has a cough.  Plus, he is pulling at his ears again!!  I don't know if his ear infection came back or never left.  I just need a healthy child before we go to Pismo!!  I don't want a sicky child or to have to stay home... I mean, I will stay home if need be, but it will be a sad thing ;)

Well, I gotta go finish payroll.  I have to leave early and what not... Plus I Need my check!!!  So, I hope everyone has a nice Tuesday.

::Hugs::
~Pickles~

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah...$19 is expensive....We bought all ours at Target and Walmart...only cause they were cheaper...but Kadie was always such a Daddys girl...adn he would go and buy her the fluffy pretty ones at a DANCE SHOP...lmao...just cause she wanted one...I was more practical...lol....
Oh and I noticed the other day the Walmart close to me?  Had tap and ballet shoes on clearance....this is in Texas...but they might have them at your local walmart or Target also....you should check...also Payless Shoes....always a good place to buy them...adn when you find tights at a good price?  buy lots...lol..they go thru em!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Yay Rowan!!!  I bet she looks adorable in her little outifit!!! Sorry little man is nt feeling well.  Good luck with the doctor!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

The shoes use to be expensive when my daughter took dance.
The leotards are not bad at Kmart or Target.  They are so cute.
Mine was too active for ballet though she loved gymnastics and baton the best.
Then she switched to cheerleading later on.  We just could not keep up with school and both things.  I can't wait to see the pics..I hope the baby is ok..
wonder if he has allergies? Alot of kids are sick this time of year.

Anonymous said...

my older daughter took ballet last school year, and I bought her stuff from the studio, too, because then I knew for sure it was "right". I didn't love the prices, I think we got charged around $19 for the leotard with our studio, too. but I never thought the prices were all that bad, either.  I definitely agree that you can get the shoes cheaper at wal-mart and target, tho.  I'm sure she's gonna  love the class, and eventually, she'll stop minding having her hair up, it's usually required that they have it up, anyhow, from what I was given to understand.  Have Fun Rowan! Get well Soon, Zach, Darlin'!  hugz, Liz

Anonymous said...

For a plain leotard, nineteen sounds pretty steep....my middle daughter, Tabby, has been begging to start dance.  I have been looking around for a studio that is close to us that will fit into our schedule.

Anonymous said...

I PAID 35 FOR EVERYTHING FOR KAYLA BUT THE TUTU THING THEY ARENT ALLOWED TO WEAR THAT THE TEACHER SAYS THEY DONT FOCUS.  KAYLA HAS BEEN IN BALLET FOR THIS IS HER SECOND YEAR I STARTED HER WITH TAP THIS YEAR AND SHE LIKES IT BETTER THAN BALLET

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your journal for a while now. But I don't usually comment. I guess that means that i am a lurker. Your kids are two adorable and i love reading about them and seeing pictures.

Anonymous said...

Cool for Rowan!!  I know she'll love it :)  

$19 is too high for a plain one in Indiana... but Red is not easy to find and definitely not plain....  Can't wait for the pics of class :)

Grace is supposed to wear pink leotard, black tights, pink ballet shoes (split sole), and tan tap shoes.  But they're pretty lax on the rules... I mean, they really would rather have the cash than enforce the dress code, usually  ;)

Does your school get recitals at the end of the year?  The one my girl goes to really goes all out to put on a show.  Guess that's why it costs so much, too though...  But I never had anything like it when I was in dance class, that's for sure!  

Hope she likes....

Cat

Anonymous said...

I want a little girl someday!!! :) (Not in the near future though! LOL)

I'm sorry Zach is not feeling well again :( Poor little guy :( Hope he gets well soon!
~Tricia

Anonymous said...

oh yay i'm so excited for rowan i cannot wait until olivia can sign up for things like this!!!  lol!
<3, em

Anonymous said...

I told Doug right after Autumn was born that I wanted to enroll her in dance classes.  LOL  Doug was like, "Only if she wants to, Bridgett."  <sigh>  I really hope she wants to.  I think it would be so much fun to watch.  I'd be such the proud mommy...like I'm sure you are.  

Poor Zach.  Hope all went well at the doc's office.

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am sure that Rowan will love dance!  I enjoyed it when I was a kid.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Ah, I can't wait to see pics of Ro in her cute dance outfit. I'm sure she'll love it, and so will you :)
Mucho Love

Anonymous said...

I think Rowan will love dance.  Casey LOVED tap, but ballet was too slow for her.  I paid $65 for leotard, ballet shoes, tap shoes, dance school bag and their shirt with the logo on it also.  Not too bad.  You will have to pay for the recital costume and recital fees also.  

Poor Zach.  I hope it's just a cold or allergies and nothing more.  I just checked your pollen count (well not YOURS since I don't know a city, but I checked Modesto) and it's a teenie bit over low...nothing major...hmmm.  

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Bethany took dance for 7 years and it is VERY expensive for the clothes and shoes.  Wait until the recital!  You will die when you have to pay the prices for their costumes then.  It's CRAZY!  Tap shoes run about $38 and ballet shoes about the same.  Leotards get more expensive the older Rowan gets, $19 is pretty darned good though for right now!  Tights are expensive too, they sell the ones that don't go over the feet which will be a good thing for Rowan when she takes tap (too slippery otherwise).  It is an expensive thing for the kids to do, but just like I did with Bethany being my first, you do what you have to do for them!  Can't wait to see pics of her!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh goodie, another ballerina in J-Land!

I paid 26 for each of Julie's leotards, 12 for each pair of stockings, and get this, they have to wear white tap shoes, 40 bucks a pop! Slippers were around 20.

I tried getting her leotards at Target, but they were only stocked with sleeveless ones!

Can't wait to see her all to-to'd out!