Friday, September 30, 2005

~Hi Friends~

Forgive me in advance for my typos... Typing with a wiggle-worm in your arms will surely cause typos... Especially when that wiggle-worm is blowing rasberries on one of your arms!

Its nice and quiet right now.

Well, besides from the rasberries that is...

Rowan finally made it back to school this morning.  She hasn't been since last Wednesday.  She was welcomed back with open arms and lots of "You feeling better's?".  She seemed really happy to get back to school... And how some fun, ya know?

Mom is gone also.  She went to my grandparents house in the bay area to say hello and give them their anniversary present.  They have been married 59 years... Yes, what a long time...

Dad is at work today.  Normally he is home on Friday but because he took Wednesday off for their Frame Walk Thru on their home, he is working.

Derek is at dog training this morning.  He didn't seem like he wanted to go, but he did.  He was a wee-bit tired, if I do say.  Only had 4 hours of sleep.  And that is probably all he'll have today too.

So, it is really quiet.

I don't even have the TV on.  How weird huh?

The trip to the vet went well.  Lola just had to have her booster shots, that is all.  The Dr. said she is a really healthy dog and mighty good looking.  He always says how pretty she is... She is such a good dog too.  Loves us and the kids.  Very protective when need be... Only problem is is that she loves to jump- on the fence!!  So you know she is scaring the crap out of people who are walking by!!

Anyways.  Rowan was a little bummed that she couldn't go with me to the vet.  So she requested that I bring Lola when I come and pick her up.  Lola will love that... Two car rides in one day... lol.  And how can I say no to Rowan ;)

If all goes well this afternoon- if Rowan gets a good nap and all- I'll be taking her to a make-up dance class.  She seems all excited about that one.  Only thing is, she needs a good nap and I hope she is willing to take one!

Oh, by the way.  Last night wasn't as bad as the night before.  A little rough, but not too bad.  Zach was up at 3am and I fed him, but he didn't want to go back to sleep.  He fought and he cried.  Finally I got him on the brink of sleep and he took the bait and finally went out!

He didn't wake up again until 645!!  Woo hoo for me.

Zach seems to be feeling a little better today.  Still mighty congested though.  I still am gagging him every once in a while to get him to cough the junk up, but he is doing really well coughing it up on his own.  Now, don't go and think I'm a mean mom for doing that... The CNP told me to.  He can't cough it all up, because he is still learning how to cough!

Oh!!  Zach has his firt tooth!!  It has broken skin and you can see it and feel it.  Its on the bottom right hand side.  Funny thing is, it doesn't seem to be right in the middle.  It is off to the side a little.  Oh well.  The baby boy has his first tooth!!!

Anyways.  I have many things planned today.  Besides Rowan's dance class, Derek wants to make a trip to Costco.  We need to get stuff for his Bday BBQ.  We are also going to a retirement dinner tonight for someone from the PD.  I am not too hot on going... And neither is he, but we are.  Good thing his brother and sister-in-law are going to be there... That means I'll have someone to talk to!! lol...

Well, Little Man is wanting another bottle.  Plus, I think he might be making me a suprise in his diaper... So, I best be off!

Thanks to everyone who welcomed my friend Jolene to J-land too!!  I know she must be thrilled to have people visiting her J... And if you haven't stopped by... Go check her out : Operation Mommy Blog!

::Ta-Ta::
~Pickles~

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

your night was like mine!! Up at three and then a fight to go back down. Eventually I won, haha!!
How is Rowan liking her dance classes?
That was my favorite part of the week when I was younger,
going to dance class ( It was my favorite part(s) of the week just two years ago too!)
I hope she loves them!!
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Hope Ro gets that nap before class!

Don't you just love a quiet house for a minute?!

Hope you get everything done :)

Cat

Anonymous said...

Hey "Hi!" to you too!

Weeeeee....!!!! It finally broke! I'm soooo happy! Maybe Mr. Man's congestion will easy up a bit now *hope hope*

Okay, grrrrr..., Mama lion has to say something.....

(((((( Slow Down Jenn! ))))))) or... you're gunna get yourself in an awful pickle with me! *wink* Okay, just go slow and remember...

Deep Breaths! Love ya lots,

Barbie @>-------
ps, don't forget your camera tonight, hehe, weeee......

Anonymous said...

awe, send a pic of the new tooth..now that boy can really chow down.
Have you tried dimetap? I am not sure of the age limit but it use to help my daughter for congestion, she had a lot of allergy coughs and asthma.
Hope you all enjoy your day.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn! Geez, thanks for Pimpin' me out on your blog :) It's so nice to have people come by and say hi. Have a great weekend, I'll talk to ya on Monday, K?
Muah Muah

Anonymous said...

aw his first tooth!!! yay hopefully he wont be so grumpy with teething though!!!
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really busy day today!
Glad that everyone in the pickle jar is feeling better.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Glad the kids are on their way to feelin better...
Congrats to ur grandparents...wow...thats the definition of true love!!!
Happy early Birthday to Derek...I know exactly how he feels only getting 4 hours sleep...i've only had that much in 2 days....being sick is for the birds..UGH! Hope you have a good weekend...have a fun BBQ bday party...sounds delish!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Well, I decided to follow your lead and go the "Quiet Route" for a couple of hours. My TV isn't on either, and it's veryyyy quiet.

You have a knack for making a busy day sound easy, my friend! I wish I had some of that energy and organization.

Enjoy the BBQ. I might add that I'm a tad jealous because it looks like BBQ weather is done for my season. Enjoy, and have some tri-tip for me, will ya?

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the kids are feeling a little better! I do not have any kids, but I love kids so much! When I'm at work and I see a little one walk past, I just stand there and smile! They are so cute! They say and do the cutest little things!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! A first tooth! How exciting!

I hope you have fun at the BBQ & retirement dinner ... maybe the retirment one won't be too bad ... at least you'll have someone to talk to!

I did stop by and welcome Jolene .... what a nice journal she has already started!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Aww...a toofie!!!  How precious!
Another milestone Pickle!!!
Lovish!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!  I get those little surprises quite frequently.  LOL  And how cute that he's blowing raspberries on your arm.  Autumn used to do the same thing...only on my cheek.  I'm glad to hear he slept better last night.  It's so hard when they don't sleep...at least for me anyway.  I really seem to need my sleep these days.  

How exciting!  His first tooth!  That's always such a big deal.  But oh...if he's anything like Autumn when she's cutting teeth, get that orajel ready.  LOL

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the first tooth!!!  I remember when mine got theirs... and now they are losing them one at a time, and with that, I'm losing my quarters... Lol!  Glad you got some quiet time and a little more sleep.   Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad the kids are starting to feel better.
I stopped by your friends blog, but she's now made it private..

:(

Christy

Anonymous said...

Awhhhh the first tooth!  That's just too cute.  Might explain a lot of his congestion and crankiness.  Glad to hear Rowan and Zach are both getting better.  

Retirement parties are good for the good food and that's about it...lol  

Luv~Heather