Thursday, September 29, 2005

~I'm So Glad It's Thursday~

I'm so happy.

I'm so happy that it's Thursday!!

::doing happy dance::

I so need another break... Just like yesterday :)

It was so nice staying home with my babies.  Just having them cuddle up with me and "need me".  Plus, just staying on my couch and having some relaxing time would be nice too!

But shoot, tomorrow will not be a relaxing day.  I have errands to run and what not.  Gotta take Rowan to and from school... The dog to the vet... Run to Costco and what not.

Ugh!

So much for a quiet day... A relaxing day...

Anyways... Enough about me Bitching about not being able to keep my lazy butt on the couch tomorrow ;)

Last night was another rough night!

Poor Zach had another hard night with sleeping.  He went down at his normal time (830pm) but he woke up around 1230am just crying and crying.  I was able to get him back to sleep and I put him back in his crib.  Well, not even an hour later he wakes up screaming again.  This time, no matter what I did, I couldn't get him to stay asleep in his crib. 

So, after getting him to sleep in my arms three different times and then failing to get him to sleep as I laid him in the crib, I did something that I said I wasn't going to do with him...

I took him to bed with me.

I know, I said I'd never take him to bed with me because I didn't want to have another Rowan- who by the way, has been sleeping with me again- but it was all I could do to keep him asleep!

I don't see anything wrong with have a co-sleeping bed... Really, I don't.  I just had such a hard time with getting Rowan to learn to sleep in her own room that I don't want to have to deal with that again.

Don't get me wrong, I love sleeping with my babies... Really.  But sometimes, you just need a bed that doesn't have flying hands and feet... lol.

So anyways.  He slept all night- well from about 2 until 630- for me that way.  It was nice.  I just hope he doesn't get used to it... And that he'll start to go back to sleeping the way he was after he feels better!

Hey!  Is anyone else having problems with their alerts?  I'm still not getting all of my comment alerts and I'm afraid I might be missing some people's entries!!  Damn AOHell.  I wish they would get their shite together!

So, if anyone else is having their alerts messed up too, please let me know!!  I just hope I am not the only one... lol... Which I doubt!!

Oh!  Did you guys realize that Halloween is just around the corner?  I can't believe Saturday will be the first day of October!!  My mom was kind enough to get the kiddos their costumes this year... Rowan wanted to be Snow White so that is what she will be and Zach is going to be Winnie the Pooh dressed up as a bumble bee... Here is Ro's costume:Zoomand I can't seem to find a picture of Zach's costume.  Bummer... Its just too cute.  I will just have to post pictures of them after I have them taken in a few weeks.  Yep!!  Professional Pictures people... Yippee!!

Well, I need to get my butt going.  Things to do and people to make happy!!

I hope each and every one of you have a great Thursday...

::Toodles::
~Pickles~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, this year has flown by fast like a santa ana wind gust!
I cant believe it!
Stay sane tomorrow with your errands!
Gotta love fridays huh!

Ro's costume is darling!
Love ya
Tricia

Anonymous said...

Dang, Halloween already???  Sheesh.

Both of my children slept with me frm birth.   I believe in it completely.  Though it is hard to get them out once they have been withyou, it is sooo worth it in the end.  I believe it creates such a strong bond.  We are one of the only cultures in this world that dont do the family bed.  Don't sweat it girl.  If Zach doesnt want to go to bed on his own what the worst that could happen?  You have him in bed with you for awhile.  Down the road you will be wishing he still wanted to cuddle up to you when he is 16 and wont!
Hope you get some sleep!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

my alerts are screwed up too....it aint just you darlin....oh and my kids slept wht me too until they were abotu a year old...hubby was scared something would happen and we wouldnt know it till it was too late...

kelly

Anonymous said...

I bet his ear hurt and he was scared..you know him being beside of you and his sissy made him sleep so much better..when they are sick it won't hurt to let them sleep with you..just do not do it all the time or you will be sleeping with them til they are 12!

Anonymous said...

Grace slept in one of those Moses beds, next to my bed until about 9 months old.  Then she went into her own room.  I think it's okay to sleep with kids while they're infants, but once they can realize what's going on, they should be put to sleep elsewhere.  That is just my opinion, though.  :)

Happy Thursday to you...

Cat

Anonymous said...

I think there is an exception to kids sleeping with their parents when they are sick,dont worry about what others think.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

LOL, Jenn--cue the 'Twilight Zone' music--
I am going to the vet tomorrow too.
Audrey will be Snow White.  I have a picture here somewhere...

And this sleeping business--we had the older two in our room until Nolan started kindergarten, when we evicted them. Ryan stayed with me until kindergarten...with his sister. Now, she's in her own bed, but she still makes it into our room sometime after midnight. (He stays in his own bed all night now.)  We never used the crib either, so I sold it, lol when Ryan was a toddler--

The bed seems awfully big when it's just the two of us in it! :)
(well, the cats think we take up too much space, lol)

Don't sweat it, Jenn.  No one goes to college still sleeping in with Mom!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and my alerts are messed up too, they have been for a couple of days!
Anna

Anonymous said...

Yep, my alerts are messed up too.  

Don't beat yourself up for putting Zachary in bed with you.  When they're small and you need your sleep....sometimes putting them in bed with you is the easiest thing to do.  

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Awww...that's too cute!  I'm still trying to figure out what costume to get Autumn.  And I'm hoping Parker will pick his costume out this year...but he doesn't really understand the concept of Halloween.  So I guess we'll see.  

As for the sleeping in the bed thing, I don't blame you...I probably would have done the same thing.  Ya gotta have sleep!!!!  <grin>

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

I have that very same costume sitting in a drawer, size 10/12 never worn with tags still on it.  Why do I have it?  I have no clue!  LOL!  Emma has never wanted to be a princess, this year she said she is going to be a butterfly.  And, you know how I feel about co-sleeping, so I won't even go into it.  I absolutely LOVE my children sleeping with me even with flaying arms, legs and elbow jabs to the gut.  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa
P.S.:  My alerts aren't working either.  I didn't receive hardly ANY comments in my last entry.  It's depressing.