Wednesday, September 14, 2005

~Count Down Begins and Sickies Again??~

Well, the count down to this weekend begins.

I figure I have two days of work to get through and then I can finally have some relaxing time off... And AwayWine and Roses, here we come!!

I also get to my hair done on Friday too.  Finally!!  It is so heavy and has grown so much that I can't do anything with it and my roots have grown out so much that they are at least an inch dark!!  My purple has faded so much too that it just needs to be covered.  I can't do anything else too over the top because I'm afraid that it won't be gone in time for the Wedding that I'll be in at the end of November.

Now that wedding is a story for another time... lol.

Anyways.

Rowan woke up Barking like a Seal again today.  Actually, she woke up around 2am like that.  She sounded horrible.  I brought her to my bed and you could just hear the tighteness in her throat.  So, when I let the dog out to pee, I took her out there with me and told her to take some deep breaths.  I am not sure if it helped or not, but she was able to go back to sleep.

This morning was a tough one in the Pickle Jar.  Rowan woke up in a bad mood and barking.  Then she didn't want to wear Jeans to school and proceeded to just cry and complain.  So, in the end, she didn't go to school.

Yep.  We kept her home.  For one, she is sick and two, well, because she was refusing to wear what we wanted her to.  So, my mom- the wonderful lady that she is- sat Rowan down and talked to her.  She told Rowan that she will be wearing pants from now on to school unless it is warm enough for her to wear a skirt or dress.  My mom asked her if she understood and she said Yes.  My mom said that she'd be asking her through out the day some more and reminding her, so that when Friday comes around there will be no fighting.

Ugh, Kids.  How can a three and a half year old be so difficult to live with????

Speaking of clothes.

My mom and I went to Target yesterday and I picked up some clothes for my kiddies.  I swear, I got Rowan so many clothes for like $60!!  Pants, shirts, sweats and a really pretty sweater!  I can't believe the deals that you get at Target, really.  There clothes are pretty inexpensive and good quality.  My child is pretty tough on her clothes... So Target clothes are just perfect for her!

I also picked up some clothes for Mr. Zachary.  Onesies and pants that match... Some full body sleepers and then some sweats and matching sweat shirts.  Oh yes, and some socks too!  Funny thing is is how many different sizes of clothes I had to purchase.  In the Target brand, Circo, I was able to get him 6-9 months or 9-12 month clothes.  But in the sweats from Hanes, I had to purchase him size 12 months!  I couldn't believe it.  Their 9 month size was only for 16-17lbs!!  Can you believe that? 

After Target, my mom and I stopped at El Pollo Loco for dinner.  It was very yummy.  I had a Chicken Tostada Salad and my mom had their new Fiesta Pollo Salad, while Rowan had a Quesadilla.  Yum Yum!!  It was a little spicy, but oh so tasty!

Time to light the fire under my butt... Many a thing to do today...

I hope everyone has a wonderful "Hump Day"!!

::Hugs::
~Jenn~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your wee one is sick again...hope she feels better soon!  Your weekend sounds like os much fun!!!!!!!!!!!  Target rocks huh???  Have a good day!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

I wonder is she has asthma? I would call her dr and get a refill on her med.
she might have a backset..Poor little thing, i loved wearing dresses to when i was little.   Maybe you could get her some tights to wear to school.
You just wait, there will be many arguements on what they want to wear...lol..
I tried to comprimise but gave up in about the 4th grade.  how old is your little one now? And how much does he weigh? They grow so fast I would buy his stuff big..
Hope you have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Wow u guys do get sick alot huh

Anonymous said...

Just came across your journal! Such cute kids!! I'm new to this and just started a journal myself.  

Anonymous said...

I miss Target.  Doug and I shopped there almost exclusively while we were living in Washington.  The closest Target here is nearly 2 hours away...<sigh>

But yea...I love Target.

I'm so sorry to hear Rowen is sick again.  Honestly, some of those bugs are just so hard to get rid of.  

Hope you have a great weekend!

Love,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Miss Rowan sounds so much like Holly at that age.....encouraging after all I have told you about her, eh? Seriously, Holly HATED wearing pants to school at that age and would cry big crocodile tears over the idea that her mama was dressing her funny on purpose....she seriously said that to me then! For me, three was an ugly year period and Daniel is proving to be trying just like his 4 sisters were at three. Here's hoping Ro-Ro comes back soon...when is she four?
Hope she feels better.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Awww Rowan and Zachary are beautiful!  I hope Rowan is feeling better soon.  I have to take a trip to Target soon, sounds like they have great deals!  ~Robyn

Anonymous said...

I hope Rowan gets to feeling better and I hope those two days of work fly by quickly. You deserve some down time. Have fun at Wine and Roses! It looks lovely.

-Raven

Anonymous said...

If it's chilly outside at night, then the air will help her croup.  Cold night air, or cold air from freezer, are good ways to help it out.  I swear, one night, I almost slept by the open back door with Ben in my arms.  Conversely, if cold air doesn't work, run the shower the bathroom fills up with steam, and let her breathe that in.  You know, just what you want to be doing at two a.m. :p
I also have a little one that refuses pants.  I can talk her into it if it's really cold, or raining; otherwise she's all about the tights. (I cleaned out Target at the end of last winter, I even got a couple of pairs for $0.98!! Love Target!)
Anna

Anonymous said...

Wine and Roses looks beautiful!  I hope you got a room with the big tub in it.  You can get "jiggy wit it" in there ;)

I hope Rowan gets rid of her cough soon.  Poor thing.  Casey and I are both coughing now too with allergy crap.  

I love Target clothes!  I'm actually getting ready to go buy Casey a bunch of shirts from there.  I get her jeans at Old Navy.  

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I love target too. Great prices and I use my moms discount. LOL
Thier clothes are perfect for us too!
YUMM........El Polla Loco! People with out these, just dont know how yummy it can be!
Happy Friday, as I post on this hump day entry! LOL
Love
Tricia

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE TARGET!!  Honestly!  I can find such good deals and clothes that fit my toddler, which is a feat in itself!  HAVE A GREAT TIME JENN!  Have a glass for me will ya?  HUGS
Gwen

Anonymous said...

Target is a great store. I am fortunate that Autumn works there...
I hope that Miss princess is feeling better!
hugs,
Kathi