Monday, September 19, 2005

~Oh I'm Back~

Hi all.  Yes, I'm back.  My weekend was wonderful.  Expensive, but wonderful.  I would have been on here sooner to let you all know how it was, but my parents laptop computer took a dive and well, I couldn't do an entry!

First of all, I got my hair cut on Friday!!  Boy, did I need it and I love the cut and color.  I cut about an inch or so off and then had her put more layers in to make it lighter for me.  See, I have enough hair for myself and another person!!  So, I needed some of it to go away... lol.  I also had her put a warm blonde/brown in to darken it up for fall.  I love the color and it is more my normal color too.  Fits me just right, I think!  But, the blonde in me forgot to get a picture of my new hair to share... Oops!

Second, Wine and Roses is beautiful... Very nice and quiet.  Derek and I enjoyed our time alone... Although, we missed the kids terribly :)  The hour long massages were fab!!  Derek said that if we ever were to hit the lottery that we'd hire a massage therapist to be at our house everyday!!  Can you guess that he enjoyed his first professional massage?
   WineandRoses.jpg
                   Wine and Roses parking for check in...
   Hotel.jpg
             The main house and resturant... Lovely in side...
                                      Very old fashion...

Our room was very lovely.  We were suprised with how nice it was.  See, they had rooms starting from $159-$300+.  We just got the Garden Room with King and that was $179.  (Expensive weekend...) But as you can see from the pictures below, it was very nice!!
   bed.jpg
                                     The King size bed...
   BathroomwithTV.jpg
          The bathroom... Yes, that is a TV in the bathroom!
   Balcany.jpg
   Our balcany... We didn't use it... But it was a beautiful view...

We enjoyed a nice dinner at their resturant too.  Very different from what we are used to, but we enjoyed it just the same.  Our dinner with dessert and tip was $115!!!  Can you say "OMG"... And "thank goodness for Credit Cards"???  Yeah, expensive!!  And the bad thing was that the portions were so small.  Poor Derek had to eat like 6 pieces of bed with his soup and dinner just to feel full.  lol... He was not used to the Itty-Bitty portions!!

But over all, our weekend alone was great.  We liked just being able to do what we wanted and enjoyed the quiet time.  Sleeping "all night" was nice too... And not having to wake up at the butt-crack of down was nice too!

     **Thanks Mom and Dad for giving us that time away**

So, that is about it.  Saturday we left around 930am and headed home.  We had to make a pit-stop at the Yamaha shop and pick up parts for Derek's bike.  Remember, he crashed it :)  Once we got back in town, I dropped Derek off at the PD and he went off to Sniper Training.  They have a Sniper position open on the SWAT team and he would like it... Don't know if he'll get it, but he is trying.

After he got home, we didn't do much.  We went over to Derek's parents house and hung out there for a bit and then went grocery shopping.  Goodness, do we do that a lot :D  Lol... Then it was a nice quiet night athome, watching Cops and eating hotdogs and Mac & Cheese!!!

Of course, Sunday was spent watching, Can you guess?, FOOTBALL!!!  Ugh!  All day long it was on... Boring!!  But I did pig out on all the horrible food that comes along with Football.  Hot wings, Artichoke dip, Mini-Pigs in a blanket... And Cupcakes!!  Rowan and I made cupcakes yesterday morning and we only have about 10 left!  ahaha...

Those went quickly with everyone that we had over :D

And that was my weekend.  Nothing exciting besides the Wine and Roses trip.  And with all the crap that I ate this weekend, I am back on my diet...

But that will go out the window on Friday when I go to PISMO!!!  Muahahahaha...

I'm going to do another entry... Photo entry really.

Oh and I wanted to thank Nae for the great graphics on my side-bar!!  They are wonderful :)

Be back in a bit...

::Toodles::
~Pickles~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That place does looks very nice!
Iam so glad you guys got this time away, for parents it is much needed!
Love ya
Tricia

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a good time..love the place looks so relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!! Glad you were able to have some "alone" time with your Hubby!!!  That place is gorgeous.

~Jenn~

Anonymous said...

wow sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!! ttyl
<3, em

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a wonderful weekend alone....can't wait to see pics of your hair
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

beautiful place...I'm glad you had some alone time..that's a good thing...
christie

Anonymous said...

That place looks so romantic and beautiful!!  Who cares how much it cost you!  Trust me, once you have more than one child, the time alone is almost impossible, so for you two to make time for yourselves, is worth all the money  in the world!  It's what keeps the marriage going and happy.  Love the tv in the bathroom by the way, I don't think my hubby would ever come out if he had one in there!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Why on earth didn't you use that lovely balcony?  *wink wink*

Lori
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/TheYaddaYaddaBookClub

Anonymous said...

Wow, Wine and Roses sounds incredible.  But don't you hate how expensive food is in a place like that?  That's how it was at the place Doug and I stayed in Leavenworth, WA on our honeymoon.  Outrageous.  Our room was like $249/night.  Of course, it had a hottub right in the bedroom...VERY NICE.  lol

And yea...I got to watch football all day yesterday too.  Fun, fun.  

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time!  Sounds perfect  :)  And next time you know to take some snacks so D doesn't starve  ;)

You can show us your hair, next time... LOL

Have a good one...

Cat

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the get away did you good!  I would love to have a full time masseuse (sp?)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went great :) Sounds like its really wonderful at that place! It sure looks amazing!
~Tricia

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend!
I would have wanted to sit on that balcony for hours!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Spoiled brat....I'm jealous :)~

Cupcakes, eh?  We had a similiar weekend, I ate a whole can of vanilla icing, minus the cake.  For real, I did.

~Sugar'd Up Nae~