Tuesday, September 6, 2005

~Zach-Attack Update~

Just thought I'd let you all know how Zach's appointment went this afternoon.

He does have an ear infection in his left ear.  He'll be on antibiotics for the next ten days.  Fun Fun.  So, now he'll have TWO medications to take... For a while that is.

I asked the PA why he'd do the whole scrunching up of the shoulder on the other ear if there is no infection and she said he might just have itchy ears :)

He weighs a good 18lbs 12oz now.  Can you say "Big Boy"?  No wonder the 6-9 month clothes were fitting him Real Good :)  lol.  He has gained almost a whole pound in a little bit under a month!  The boy likes his food... What can I say?

Other than that... He looked good.  So, I guess I played it safe by taking him to the doctor.

Now, I'm going to get ready for my walk... Have a good evening friends :)

~Pickle~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good new good news.  Prop his crib up if you can on one end, it will eleviate (sp?) pressure.  Did they atleast give you ear drops, for the pain?  I always ask for them, works wonders.

Snuggles always work best though!

~V~

Anonymous said...

Yes, giving those meds out would drive me nuts.  I keep forgetting Courtney's medicine and she only has one to take... and you'd think I could remember the vitamins a little more often... it's been so busy lately.  I'm glad business has been slow for me lately.  Hugs,
LIsa

Anonymous said...

aw poor zach...hopefully the meds will help him soon!  Have a good walk!  and goodnigth!
<3, em

Anonymous said...

Poor boy!  I hope he isn't being real fussy!

But the meds should kick in fast, so he'll be back to the happy chunk of baby he was before :)

He's such a cutie!

Cat

Anonymous said...

I kind of suspected he'd have an ear infection.
Good for you for keeping on top of these things.
Many parents probably wouldn't even notice signs
like that...

Baby Zach weighs more than baby Autumn already!!!
LOL  Of course, Autumn is pretty tiny for her age.  
You've got a football player on your hands, Jenn!

Love,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I hope that his meds will clear up that infection soon!!
Wow! He is getting sooo big!!
hugs,
 ~K

Anonymous said...

Ear infections are a fact of life when your child is under 1 years old unfortunately.  I am happy that you did take him in to see the doc though and at least can start treating him before he got worse!  You are such a good Momma!!!  "Itchy ears", LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK ON UR WALK.  HOPE THE KIDDIES FEEL BETTER

Anonymous said...

Good thing you got Zach in...poor thing.  This should kick it though and he'll be back to normal in no time :)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Aww, he did have one. :( Poor little guy :(
~Tricia

Anonymous said...

I hope Zach is doing better.
Eli