Saturday, September 3, 2005

~Robo Update~

Well, Ro's appointment went well yesterday. 

He didn't think her Croup was that bad if she could sleep all night and not be bothered by it.  But because she had it for a few days, he did prescribe her some steroids.

Something we weren't expecting to find out was that she has an ear infection.  Yep, and the little moster didn't even tell me that her ear was hurting.  I sat there with a "Duh" look on my face when he told me.  Man, did I feel dumb ;)  Didn't even know she had an ear infection... ugh.

Oh yeah, guess what?

Remember how I mentioned that there was a sign on Ro's preschool door stating that "your child had been exposed to pink eye"?  Well, guess what pretty Princess has pink eye!

Yep, I started to notice that her eye was getting red yesterday and noticed some yellow guck in the corner.  Well, this morning she woke up rubbing it and there was guck in her eye lashes.  So, I called the doctors office and they just called in a prescription to the pharmacy for her.

So, poor Miss Rowan is now going to be on three medications.  lol... She is getting just as bad as her brother with having to take meds :)

Everything else is going well at the house.  Derek is making Stuffed Bellpeppers (Lisa, I'll get you that recipe ASAP) for dinner and the kids are quiet right now... Thank goodness for naps :)

So, I'm going to go and do some reading I like.  Finished Pamela Anderson's book "Star Struck"... It was okay.  And now I'm onto Amy Tan's bio.

Have a great rest of the weekend

Hugs,
Jenn

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness sakes...Hope Rowan gets better soon...i sure know how she feels with the pink eye...i've had it numerous times in the past...it's very contagious...on a couple occasions it spread to my other eye too...talk about miserable...just make sure to wash hands often...and try to keep her from scratching her eye...although it will be hard..cause pink eye itches like crazy.... hope u have a good weekend
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I have had pink eye a few times...its not cool! i hope Rowan gets better ASAP!! have a good labor day!

Roxy

Anonymous said...

The poor baby...give her a hug for me, k?


I'm going to play TAG with you, I'll get to it ASAP  :-D


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Oh no!  Poor Rowen.  A cough, an ear infection, and conjunctivitis??  I certainly hope she'll be feeling better soon.  

And don't feel too bad about the ear infection thing...sometimes children have absolutely no symptoms at all.  She may not have had any pain at all.   But yea...I know.  That guilt is a mommy thing.  <grin>

Love,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Poor little Ro-Ro!!!!!  I hate giving Emma steroids and I am sure Rowan hates taking them!  They are some NASTY tasting stuff!!  UGGHHH!  Remember to taper her off of them like the prescrip says.  They scare me so much!  I am so glad you are such a good Momma taking her to the doc though.  The Croup could have gotten much worse in no time flat, we are talking within a 24 hour period over night, so it's good you took her and it's being treated now.  I am sorry to hear about the ear infection, but sometimes you just don't know!  So, don't beat yourself up about that!!!  She had too much other stuff going on for you to notice!  And pink eye to boot?!?!  YECH!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope you don't get it or Wacky Zachy now!  The fun begins of the school years!  UGGGHHHH!
Hugs and love,
Lisa
P.S.:  Wait until you get the lice notice!  AAAGGHHHHHHHH!

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor kiddo!!! Hope she gets well too without spreading it to any of you!!!  thats all you need is two sick kids huh?
take care!
<3, em

Anonymous said...

(((((( Love you guys! ))))))

Barbie @>-------

Anonymous said...

Poor Rowan.  Pink eye is so irritating!!  Hope everything clears up soon!

Luv~Heather